[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a way to have strong, unique passwords for each of your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1490507273712.jpg (60KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1490507273712.jpg
60KB, 1280x720px
Is there a way to have strong, unique passwords for each of your accounts online, without using a password manager? Or do I need to suck it and and rely on something like Lastpass?
>>
use the "horse battery staple" method and append the url of the site and the current year at the end. make around 3-5 unique combos and use 1 unique password for important shit like banking, and reuse the same one for shit like forums so you don't have to memorize 100+ passwords

you'll be pretty much immune to cracking unless specifically targeted by someone (keylogger, etc.).
>>
>>60882451
Yes. Stop being a brainlet.
>>
>>60882451
If you're going to use a manager, don't use an online one though.
>>
>>60882497
But if one password is stolen, they can easily find the others, as the pattern is obvious (and where it isn't obvious, it's subject to things changing). That's what I'm trying to avoid.
>>
>>60882451
dotfiles
#!/usr/bin/env bash

echo "$1" >> /home/kyoko/.pass

head -c"$2" /dev/urandom | base64 >> /home/kyoko/.pass
>>
static = "OneComplicatedPasswordYouRemember"
site = "facebook.com"

password = md5(static + site)
>>
You don't really need to remember all your passwords.
You can use a local password manager to store a lot of the passwords.

>>60882545
A lot of passwords are tied to an email account, so doubling down on securing the email is more important.
You can use a system of several emails in order to create several "rings" of passwords so all accounts is not breached at once and you can get automatic emails from the other account should someone try to breach it.

Another method is to limit the number of accounts.
>>
>>60882545
which is why I said
>1 unique password (each) for important shit like banking

unless the NSA is after you, your main concern is skids brute forcing leaked databases.

also this >>60882596 probably solves the problem of the algorithm being predictable
>>
>>60882451
that's a big burger
>>
>>60882451
memorable song lyrics
Here I am, rock you like a hurricane
>>
>>60884981
The crux of the issue is being able to make unique passwords for each account without the pattern being trivial to spot.
>>
Just make a .txt file and give it a non-obvious name and store your passwords in it.
>>
>>60885274
if you're going to do that you may as well just use a local password manager so you can take advantage of encryption and 2fa for access.
>>
File: 1491406339232.png (244KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1491406339232.png
244KB, 1500x1500px
>>60882451
You have shitty memory.
I have dozens of passwords in my head... Sometimes I have to try several to access an account, but whatever.
For Facebook I just usr word "Facebook" backwards. With capital F, of course.
Haven't been hacked. Never will!
>>
>>60882451
You could create your own mask by scrambling letters and signs in a notebook, where you translate the site name etc.
But, using a password manager is much more convenient, and metaphorically it is like storing all your important keys in a virtual vault.

if you don't like Lastpass, consider using KeePassX. If you want to sync the database with mobile devices, you can use dropbox etc. as the database file is encrypted with your password.
>>
Also, don't be a retard and think that you can just use weak password on social media accounts since "it does not matter".

If someone want to do you harm, social medias can fuck up your social life badly.
>>
>>60882497
Typing part of it with a virtual keyboard stops keyloggers.
>>
File: 1496859123633.jpg (89KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1496859123633.jpg
89KB, 1280x720px
>>60882451
Use memorable phrases with some kind of number system, I recommend based on the actual letters/phrases.
>tfw encrypted all my drives and have 20+ character passwords for 10 drives and 5 emails and remember them all no problem
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.