[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want pic related, but today. >Old Specs >Blackberry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: tmp_6349-images-717834450.jpg (6KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_6349-images-717834450.jpg
6KB, 299x168px
I want pic related, but today.

>Old Specs
>Blackberry OS
>Possible Quality Control Issues

I want to try BBOS Is it really as bad as people say?
>>
its alright
I had a Q10 for a bit
keyboard is goat as always
If they had passport with android I'd scoop that up
>>
>>60882470
>If they had passport with android I'd scoop that up

If blackberry made a BB10 phone with modern specs then I'd swoop it up. Well if it was priced right I would. I don't really care about games, but coming from android how good is BB10 on privacy, security, and anonymity?
>>
>>60882519
>privacy, security, and anonymity
I dunno nigga I just text bitches
>>
>>60882530
>I dunno nigga I just text bitches

You've never tried to drive someone elses a car while following it with a drone with your phone?
>>
>>60882436
Blackberry OS isn't bad, nor is it good. It just decent and usable. The specs are outdated, they were actually outdated on launch, and its not the best thing around by far.
But for messaging its fantastic, even composing a competent looking email is no trouble, which is more than one can say for a pure touch screen device. I thought it was really shitty to have the spacebar in the middle of the third row instead of putting it on a forth, but its easy to get used to.
The keypad itself is also capacitive so you can use it to scroll on without touching the screen and smudging it. That form factor is probably the best design for a utilitarian smartphone/pocket pc aside from a slider. Only drawbacks are no wide view for displaying web pages more legibly, and its not as nice for watching videos on.

Though they're apparently $220, sometimes less on Amazon now, factory unlocked brand new 32gb models. Thats not too bad.
>>
>>60882762
Thanks. I'm still very curious, and might pick one up for $220. Appreciate the information friendo.
>>
>>60882840
Just a heads up that they basically only work on AT&T, and T-mobile. No support for Verizon or other carriers that use the Verizon or Sprint networks.
>>
>>60882868
A Verizon version would be more attractive for me desu, but it's not that much of a big deal.

My concerns right now is:
-even at $220 it still seems a little high for the specs considering some well known chinkshit brands offer newer copy/gpu +4gb ram for about that much.

-even though I want to buy for the fact that I want to try BB10 I still have my reservations about using it

-I don't know what I'll be missing when jumping from android, and going to bb10

Can it be made as secure/private/anonymous as a rooted/modded android? It's only $200, but I'm not eager to spend that on a possible paperweight, but I am curious, so I might.
>>
>>60882436
I've been using one for 8 months or so, best phone available. BB10OS is amazing, Android apps work too so BB10OS's lack of support isn't too huge of a deal, and that keyboard trackpad is simply incredible.

>>60882868
Just say they don't support CDMA.

>>60883048
>even at $220 it still seems a little high
It's worth every penny.
>even though I want to buy for the fact that I want to try BB10 I still have my reservations about using it
It's the best OS
>I don't know what I'll be missing when jumping from android, and going to bb10
A shitty phone OS
>Can it be made as secure/private/anonymous as a rooted/modded android?
It is what it is, you don't mod it, root it, install a custom OS, nor unlock the bootloader.
>>
>>60883048
build quality is much better than your typical chink shit at that price.
>>
Been using a blackberry leap that I got for the equivalent of $150 in colony coins. Best build quality and asthmatics of any phone I've had. Side loaded a few humble bundle games, but mainly use it for chat, music and a backup shitposting device.
>>
>>60883568
And a less annoying autocorrect than my tablet it seems
>>
>>60883276
>It is what it is, you don't mod it, root it, install a custom OS, nor unlock the bootloader.

How secure/private/anonymous is it out of the box? Android has it's share of issues, but the flaws can be minimized to a point.

>build quality is much better than your typical chink shit at that price.

I've read that the quality control is chinkshit tier, but the passport does look sexy.
>>
>>60882436
I have a passport
Only children who call the newest flagship goat say the specs are old.
BB os is good if you wanna use it as a communication device
The phone was designed around OS which has its own pluses.
Bb os is as flexible as android in most regards and the android subsystem can run most apps including f Droid and Google play services (though why would you want to?) no problem
There are few quirks though
-You can't send videos over the android version of telegram or whatsapp. (you an send it as a file over telegram though)
-You have install a companion app called WAA fixer to get picture sharing working for the android version of whatsapp
-youre stuck on android 4.3 which imo is one of forgotten versions of android, so expect decrease in apps.
-some of the certificates are missing/outdated so expect to run in compatibility issues every now and then. Especially with the more freetard websites like gnu and arch wiki. But you can import them to solve this
-the android subsystem is gimped to only use two cores and heats the phone up a lot
>>
>>60883617
The silver edition I'm using is like a brick. Full thick metal band goes all the way around the phone, the back is nice and soft, everything else fit together nicely
>>
>>60883617
>How secure/private/anonymous is it out of the box?
It's a phone, I just use it as one. BlackBerry is known for security though and I've had all my BlackBerries set up with full disk encryption.
>I've read that the quality control is chinkshit tier, but the passport does look sexy.
BB10OS models have great build quality. I could throw my Q10 across the room without worry. The newer phones are where you're hearing about that from, iirc the Priv was the first to use outsourced manufacturing and starting with the KEYone, BlackBerry doesn't even make phones at all anymore, it's some chink company designing and manufacturing the phone then slapping BlackBerry software and a BlackBerry logo on it.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.