[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am i feeling this incorrectly or has the general quality of all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1305764891435.jpg (6KB, 210x230px) Image search: [Google]
1305764891435.jpg
6KB, 210x230px
Am i feeling this incorrectly or has the general quality of all software had a continual deterioration over the past decade proportional to the increase in outsourcing and diversity programs?

What are your views?

Even browsers, both Chrome and Firefox, have become so shit that the days when IE6+ held us back all of a sudden looks like the golden age.
>>
Yes. Even operating systems. Microsoft peaked with Windows 7. Ever since then it's been a mess. Now they're just sloppily sewing a bunch of code on top of Windows 8 and calling it Windows 10. More blue screens, more freezes, more crashes, more updates that fail.

>outsourcing and diversity programs
I feel like that plays a significant role. With a company as large as Microsoft, it isn't completely far-fetched to think that a lot of the bad stuff can be traced back to some bureaucratic HR team full of fat women that don't know or care about tech.
>>
So basically, programmers stopped being those autistic individuals who were obsessed with perfecting a specific software or personal project for years; and instead became low tier bait whose purpose is quick bucks with short ducktape work with the fastest route?
>>
Instant messaging programs used to show the music you were listening trough your media players api

We dont have that feature anymore
>>
>>60882022
Things that contributed to coding deterioration:
-Outsourcing code to low skilled foreigners
-"""Diversity"""" and """equality""" at the forefront of software companies
-Public apathy towards terrible software and bugs
-Lack of skilled programmers. Most just copy/paste code from Stack Overflow or just use software that holds your hand the whole way at cost of massive overhead
-More powerful hardware means that sloppy code can still run without optimization

Basically, everyone is getting lazier and shittier and people will still continue to throw money at developers.

The future currently belongs to the lowest common denominator.
>>
>>60882022
>>60882022
this
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.