[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is 'productivity' the worst buzzword in tech? Everyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1482091085025.jpg (58KB, 234x279px) Image search: [Google]
1482091085025.jpg
58KB, 234x279px
Is 'productivity' the worst buzzword in tech?

Everyone just uses it to justify shitty purchases. For example

>I sold my perfectly fine intel cpu to get a ryzen which better suits my productivity
>iOS 11 is so much better for productivity
>Android has split screen apps my productivity has gone up because i can look at twitter and watch netflix at the same time

It makes me so fucking mad
>>
>>60881172
It's not limited to purchases.
"Cable management upped my productivity"
"i3wm and ricing my desktop upped my productivity"
>>
I prefer 'consumption coefficent'. It's even good for my credit score.
>>
>>60881172
>t. NEET
For those of us who actually study/work, productivity is important. I'm much more productive with a faster CPU or an extra monitor than without it
>>
>>60881172
it is not the worst buzzword.
You have to understand all buzzwords have a meaning, business people are simpletons, so they use specific words over and over again.
"reduce cost", "frees up time" etc are also buzzwords people use, but they are legitimate reasons to justify spending money on something.

I would venture "smart" is a worse buzzword.
Everyone knows it means they put a computer inside, often internet connected.
But it often means it is a datamining nightmare without providing any necessary features.
>>
It is really useful in multitasking. Especially for individuals who neglect their studies for video games. With faster hardware and more screen estate, you can easily do several things at once on a computer.
>>
productivity isn't a buzzword. it's just a phenomenon that we're trying to operationalize. some people operationalize productivity by looking at lines of code committed. some look at overall uptime (in the case of servers and whatnot), or the churn rate of bugs (this is more stupid, but it's there).

but it's all trying to measure and reason around productivity.

it shouldn't make you this upset to hear people talk about the underlying concept that these measurements are trying to reckon with. if you're actually "so fucking mad", you should see if your health care provides for therapy or something.
>>
>>60881172
Productivity is good. Deceitful illusions of productivity are bad. Multitasking wrongly is probably the best way to kill productivity. Having slack, irc, or email open all the time is one example.

Faster cpu may increase productivity, at least it shouldn't lower it.
Don't know about ios
I can see how split screen could reduce productivity if used wrong because splitting your attention isn't productive.
>>
File: 1495314593666.jpg (63KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1495314593666.jpg
63KB, 600x600px
What if people are too dumb to know the difference between effiency and productivity?

What if people are too dumb to know the difference between cheap and bargain?

What if people are too dumb to know the difference between privacy and anonymity?

What if people are too dumb to know the difference between making and doing?

What if people claim to up their productivity but still don't carry pen & paper with them at all times?

What if people are too dumb to know the difference between money and balances?
>>
>>60881530
What if beople are too dupid to know the difference between benis and bagina :DDDD
>>
>>60881640
benin
>>
>>60881172
Men at work - People just love to play with words
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz8TTZjxkoM
>>
>>60881209

>"i3wm and ricing my desktop upped my productivity"
Not having to sensually rub a plastic nipple when you're trying to work does actually increase productivity though.
>>
>>60881172
Productivity is a meme only if you're a dead weight useless person that does nothing besides shitpost in your computer all day.

Life is only a meme, OP. So just fucking kill yourself already.
>>
>>60881172
scaling
big data
IoT
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.