[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's 1982 and this guy asks you for advice on his upcoming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: BjarneStroustrup.jpg (41KB, 432x324px) Image search: [Google]
BjarneStroustrup.jpg
41KB, 432x324px
It's 1982 and this guy asks you for advice on his upcoming programming language. What do you tell him?
>>
Sure
Just sign right here..
>>
>>60879977
most personal computers had 4k of memory in 1982, C++ was not able to run on personal computers back then, even in the early 90s C++ was considered to bloated and sluggish to compete with C (John Carmack wouldnt touch C++ back then)
>>
>>60879977
>what about switching jobs, Bjarne? Maybe you'd be way better as a physicist, or something - just, please, for the sake of everything good - don't write that crap
No, seriously, C++ is an abomination and needs to die. How tf can you make a language that's worse than C both from the performance standpoint AND the code correctness one?
>>
>>60879977

tell him call the new language Java so hopefully you erased the later one from the annals of history...
>>
>>60879977
I'd tell him not to maintain source level C compatibilities
>>
Scrap everything with the exception of operator overloading and templates.
>>
Build network communications and interprocess communications in to the core language ASAP. Header only is a good thing, promote it, make it easy.
>>
>>60879977
As him why the fuck he is even attempting to improve on the perfection that is C.
>>
File: 0002.gif (18KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
0002.gif
18KB, 128x128px
>>60880337
Best reply. Love it! Will start inventing the time machine now.
>>
Functions and variables shouldn't be considered all that differently, should they? It would be cool if they could be made at runtime.
>>
>>60880337
kek, imagine Android without the AIDS that is Java
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.