[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/ I need some help in choosing a new laptop. My ancient

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1462746455817.png (38KB, 347x352px) Image search: [Google]
1462746455817.png
38KB, 347x352px
Hey /g/ I need some help in choosing a new laptop. My ancient trusty desktop has finally met her demise from outside circumstances and instead of replacing the old girl I'd prefer to get a laptop to replace the even older one I've been using instead of the desktop. Reason being im doing a lot more traveling now and I'd like to be able to game and be generally productive on the go (emailing, writing reports, documents and spreadsheets, nothing like photoshop or anything)
Power isn't a terrible issue since most of my stationary time will be spent in hotel rooms/family homes and in my own home on my down time.
Preferred price range is around 600 ish dollars. I understand that with laptops you surrender modularity and power for portability and convenience so I'm willing to go higher though I'd still like to keep it sub 1000

Wifi is a must, a fairly robust build quality is preferred and It should preferably be compatible with windows seven and be able to play most games up to 2016 at 60fps.

Any suggestions? my own internet search has thus far been largely fruitless.

Also general gaming laptop thread I suppose, it's a large gap in my knowledge and experience and anything I can learn is helpful.
>>
Nobody?
>>
>wifi is a must

Wow, pretty hard to find a laptop with wifi in 20fucking17
>>
>>60879256
wifi over 4g or any data plans as I will never be far from a wifi source was the intended meaning
>>
With a budget of $600, you might struggle to find something that can play everything up to 2016 at 60fps, as you'd probably be looking for a GTX 1050.
Dell and Lenovo have a couple of lines that have dedicated graphics cards, check out their websites. I know Lenovo run sales pretty often. My Lenovo E570p came with a GTX 1050 Ti, got it for ~$1200US, and that was on sale.
>>
>>60879484
thanks for the suggestion. Is Dell generally a reliable manufacturer?
>>
>>60879064
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01N12YZ7B/ref=mp_s_a_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1497340104&sr=8-14&pi=SL75_QL70
>>
>>60879064
>recent games at 60fps
>$600
not gonna happen buying new
you might get some acer POS like >>60879613
for $1000 but its not recommended.

>>60879602
their general consumer lines are godawful, business/workstation not in budget or really suitable for gayming, alienware definitely not in budget.

You want to do this for $600? Pick up an i7 thinkpad t420/t520 or similar, an expresscard --> pci-e adapter, cheap desktop psu and the best graphics card you can afford. Little bulkier than your average laptop but completely doable, hell of a lot cheaper, better battery life when you're away from a power source and much improved upgradability

or just buy a cheap gaming laptop like that acer, and hope it doesnt snap in two after a month
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.