[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OK g Why is it that Ubuntu/Debian has such garbage Nvidia support?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1455041592789.jpg (28KB, 313x334px) Image search: [Google]
1455041592789.jpg
28KB, 313x334px
OK g
Why is it that Ubuntu/Debian has such garbage Nvidia support? Are the drivers from Nvidia not good or are the developers just assholes? On my Asus Strix GL502VMK I can get the driver half-way working but putting the machine to sleep does not work and the keyboard backlight does not work properly... Why? I've fucked with configuration files and even made the brightness settings work(another thing among many that doesn't work in Ubuntu unless you shove a shovel up your ass)

How do you cunts expect people to move even to the most shit of Linux when the "most friendly" distribution requires me to fuck around in the terminal to restore around half of the functionality of my laptop????

This has been going on for years now, any laptop with a Nvidia chip doesn't work right with Linux... Nvidia Optimus laptops are even worse.

What gives? Nvidia themselves provides the drivers, is that the bad part or what?
>>
>>60875976
And it's not like AMD has been spared the BS, I have some old APU laptop that I tried putting Ubuntu on and it doesn't even detect the Radeon GPU inside of the machine so it's always using software renderer....

I spent many many hours trying to get everything to work, I'm no stranger to changing configuration files and what not but half of the time you can't restore all of the functionality that you would have under windows

Can't get away from the botnet because freetards refuse to support anything other than some ancient Intel CPU with GMA graphics
>>
File: 1495166542083.jpg (70KB, 505x490px) Image search: [Google]
1495166542083.jpg
70KB, 505x490px
>>60875976
Nvidia fucking suck on linux.
They could make everything happy and nice but instead they choke out your machine the moment you 'y' to that install.

Optimus is lovely but took a shitload of work to figure out how it works.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_36yNWw_07g
>>
>proprietary drivers that GNU devs can't do shit about
>people complain that they suck and blame GNU
If you're not using free drivers, close your mouth and fix your attitude.
>>
>>60876792
free drivers? As in the nouvix or whatever that trash is called? Is that really considered a graphics driver because it sure as hell doesn't function like one
>>
Basically: Linux is a steaming pile of shit that should never be taken seriously.
>>
>>60876810
I think the point is: stop using nvidia, enemy of your freedom.

>>60876815
>Winbaby that has to use his mommy's PC and she won't let him change anything
>>
>>60876839
I've used linux in the past and I have to say I'm very disappointed how dogshit every fucking distro is. Literally all are broken in one way or another.

Why can't you fucking nerds stop jerking off to little cartoon girls from vietnam and work together to make at least a half baked attempt at a usable linux distro?

Not defending windows 10 btw, I'm on 7 till my 2500K dies.
>>
>>60876815
Linux is communism, and Communism must never be tolerated.
>>
>>60876839
>WAHH DONT USE THIS HARDWARE DONT COMPLAIN
I'm OP and the other guy you replied to has a point

The only system I haven't had bullshit issues on was a Thinkpad(what a surprise!) with intel GMA 945 graphics

I've been trying to switch to Ubuntu(Or anything better) for years now and the fact still remains the Ubuntu is fucking trash and most other distros are fucking trash too. Nvidia even provides the drivers yet the community never tries to make them work. Nobody is going to take Ubuntu or any other distribution seriously in the consumer market unless they fix their fucking trash

Freetards sure take their time to reply to this thread when I have real complaints and not anti-Microsoft shilling. Microsoft is shit, Apple is shit and it looks like Canonical is shit too, which probably means every Debian based distro is also fucking trash
>>
>>60876864
werks here, and has for over a decade ┐(´д`)┌
>>
>>60875976
use Manjaro, some aussie cunt needed a distro and Manjaro was the only working one on his FX CPU + 970.
>>
>>60875976
also freetards love to make fun of windows yet 99% of Linux distros lack any type of audio enhancement software like echo cancellation

How do you guys expect anybody to take you seriously? I want to spend my time on the computer getting shit done, not working on getting all of the functionality back that I lost when I tried to go opensource
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.