[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where were you when Apple secretly tested their new file system

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

Where were you when Apple secretly tested their new file system on their unsuspecting users' devices?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170611-232759.jpg (180KB, 453x638px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170611-232759.jpg
180KB, 453x638px
give proof anon?
>>
doesn't require a full format and couldn't possibly be any worse than HFS+ so who cares
>>
>>60868991
https://daringfireball.net/thetalkshow/2017/06/08/ep-193

I only read an article on a German IT news site, where it says

>Es sei "unglaublich", was Apples Dateisystem-Team in wenigen Jahren gelungen sei, sagte der Manager. Man habe den APFS-Prozess in früheren iOS-Updates, laut Federighi "iOS 10.1 oder iOS 10.2", ausprobiert. "Wir haben probeweise ihr komplettes Dateisystem migriert, es dann auf Konsistenz überprüft und dann wurde an uns zurückberichtet, ob das Upgrade zu 100 Prozent "clean" war." Anschließend sei eine Rückumstellung (Rollback) erfolgt.

https://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/Neues-iOS-Dateisystem-APFS-Geheimtests-auf-Endkundengeraeten-3740455.html

If you actually need a translation hmu
>>
>>60868991
That one guy said it in an interview. Also, it didn't touch the files themselves, it just created the metadata.
>>
>>60868946
>10.1 and 10.2 prepared devices to make the switch to APFS in 10.3
It’s fucking nothing. They announced that with iOS 10, they’d bring over APFS.
>>
What I don't understand is how you can change a drive's entire file system with a simple software update.
>>
>>60868946
just be happy apple is making sane dependable modern file systems in 2017 as opposed to Microsoft who limps along using fucking NTFS in the current year.
>>
>>60871162
APFS can read and write HFS+ volumes so I'm sure they can convert one to the other without altering the contents of the drive.
Kind of like how you can do the same thing converting a partition from FAT32 to NTFS in Windows NT without changing the drive itself.
>>
>>60869028
>Wir haben probeweise ihr komplettes Dateisystem migriert, es dann auf Konsistenz überprüft

Does this mean they uploaded and scanned the entire contents of Mac hard drives to the cloud?
>>
>>60868946
Well I fucking hope they tested the file system extensively. In case you don't get it, that is a good thing. That one was easy to ruin, but they actually did just fine with the transition.
>>
>>60868946
And I am sitting here with NTFS one of the most shitty file systems ever created ;') good job microsoft as always...
>>
File: 1497277318006.jpg (159KB, 695x391px) Image search: [Google]
1497277318006.jpg
159KB, 695x391px
>>60868946
>>
Will hackintosh even support this
>>
>>60871162
https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2017/715/

>>60871468
It just says "checked for consistency". Could mean anything but these checks are most likely performed locally and the result "passed" or whatever is then sent to apple.
>>
File: 1495471694830.png (78KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1495471694830.png
78KB, 1000x1000px
>>60868946
>Where were you when Apple secretly tested their new file system on their unsuspecting users' devices?
Did you mean
>Where were you when Apple seamlessly distributed and updated their new file system on their soundly sleeping expectant users' devices overnight?

this might be hard for you to understand since your hobbyist os breaks down when you forget to tend for it every other day and update, but apple is a paid company that releases customer ready hardware and firmwares.
>>
>>60871602
why not just apfs apple faggot system? why no grindr on the screens? this could be done well.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.