[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was using glorious Thinkpad in work for a while when programming.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: Lenovo-ThinkPad-W510.jpg (201KB, 1449x1149px) Image search: [Google]
Lenovo-ThinkPad-W510.jpg
201KB, 1449x1149px
Was using glorious Thinkpad in work for a while when programming.
>Awful keyboard, too small and hard to type
>Page up and down key placement near arrows, so they are often mistakenly pressed
>No numeric keyboard
>Ctrl replaced with Fn
>Never used joystick in the middle
>No HDMI, some weird DisplayPort instead
>Small screen
>Heavy compared to screen size
>Sticking out touchpad keys are also often pressed by mistake
>Ugly AF
Literally FB and PowerPoint scrolling machine.

Who the fuck would buy it as personal computer? They are awful in corporations, even worse for normal usage.
>>
we macbook pro now
just works™
>>
>>60868389
I buy it for the reasons you listed.
>good keyboard
>decent layout
>ctrl placed correctly closer to the home row.
>joystick in the middle, so I can disable the touchpad
>has vga port
>small screen
>not a "u" cpu
>physical mouse keys
>looks professional
>good linux machine
>>
>>60868389
>Who the fuck would buy it as personal computer?
People who do not share your opinion.
>>
>>60868389
You got memed, bro. Never trust a 4chan meme.
>>
>>60868437
>defending wrong fn/ctrl keys
>VGA
>>
>>60868389
i had one of these, use a macbook air now, much better, although i hated using it for excel as mac vs windows excel isn't identical. Macbook air is better for gaming (yeah, on the work pc because IT don't care), better for movies, better for BOINC projects, looks nice and doesn't come with a shit load of company spyware to monitor my activity like those cuckpads from bluechips do.
>>
>>60868550
I am a student.
Most places have vga, dp and hdmi options, but a lot of places, they only have the vga option.
>>
>thinkpad
>glorious
>not a streaming pile of shit

This is why you're a virgin
>>
File: w701ds.jpg (77KB, 1024x865px) Image search: [Google]
w701ds.jpg
77KB, 1024x865px
>>60868389
>keyboard too small
>no numeric keyboard
>not swapping ctrl and fn
>can't clit mouse
>no displayport monitor
>small screen
>too heavy for manlet arms
>sticking out touchpa- wtf are you talking bout wankah
>ugly because my vanity is like a teen girl's

kys really
>>
>>60868602
5 years ago, VGA was useful in university, yet legacy. Today, they have hdmi everywhere.
>>
>>60868389
>>Awful keyboard, too small and hard to type
You're probably typing with your index.
>>Page up and down key placement near arrows, so they are often mistakenly pressed
No.
>>No numeric keyboard
That's a design choice.
>>Ctrl replaced with Fn
Which is better to type with your ten fingers.
>>Never used joystick in the middle
That's your problem.
>>No HDMI, some weird DisplayPort instead
You have VGA, which most projectors still use.
>>Small screen
And lightweight.
>>Heavy compared to screen size
Better cooling.
>>Sticking out touchpad keys are also often pressed by mistake
You should use them.
>>Ugly AF
You too.
>Literally FB and PowerPoint scrolling machine.
What are you doing here? There's no PowerPoint on GNU/Linux.
>They are awful in corporations, even worse for normal usage.
They're a high quality plastic chassis and a motherboard to whom is connected a CPU that is in literally every other computer.
>>
>>60868887
The biggest flaw with VGA is the projectors and the monitors didn't stop working.
When you buy new equipment, universities don't always throw the old one out, they just put it in another room.
VGA projectors still exist and they will for a while.
For a projector, resolution doesn't matter, refresh rate doesn't matter and to a certain extend, color accuracy does not matter.

You use a projector when you need a huge screen and you don't want to reserve space for it.
In schools and universities, a projector is a great tool which allows students to show a picture on a wall.
It is not a gaming device or a movie theater!
The connector on the projector does not matter.
Apple cucks need a dongle no matter what the projector market does and using an old connector is more likely to have an adapter for the people with (((modern))) connectors.
>>
>>60868550
You can just switch them in the bios anon
>>
>>60870015
I always wonder why the laptops with control far away does not have the option to switch it around, but the laptops where the placement is correct, they have the option.
>>
>>60868389
>Page up and down key placement near arrows, so they are often mistakenly pressed
what the literal fuck are you talking about
>>
I vehemently disagree with the black person known as OP but I have to say that thinkpads usually get really back touchpads

And this is comparing them to the average shitty cheap laptop touchpad I'm just saying

Also the fucking trackpoint drifting drifts me nuts

Also I mistakenly bought a non IPS display and now I have to buy the separate thing
>>
>>60868389
Stinkpad, these laptops are shit.
>>
>>60870705
>>60868617
>>60868496
go back to /v/ for fuck sake
>>
@60870938
>anyone who disagrees with me is /v/
>>
@60870950
>calling thinkpad stinkpad is a valid argument and enough reason to hate something
please use tripcode
>>
>>60868389
>Not able to identify VGA
Why the fuck are you on /g/
>>
>>60870938
NO! The place's been shit up for too long.
Faggot should go back to >>>/reddit/
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.