[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will switching to Data Science help me escape the fate of working

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: cf9.png (734KB, 680x1208px) Image search: [Google]
cf9.png
734KB, 680x1208px
Will switching to Data Science help me escape the fate of working for free from home as a software engineer?
Can someone redpill me on Big Data? How is it working as a Data Scientist/Data engineer?
>>
>>60866427
Who faps like that?
>>
>>60866609
people in hotel rooms
>>
Data is the safest ITish specilization by far

Big data is legit enough but not the way most big companies just start collecting data thinking they can use it in the future
>>
>>60866427
I work in data science.
I don't really know what to tell you. It's basically like a normal software development position, however you focus on big data problems and technologies.
Typically teams are split into two: mathfags who prototype algorithms (typically math/stats graduate level background), and then CS types who take those algorithms, optimize, and implement into whatever infrastructure they work with.
So the good news is that, although you should know a good bit of math, if you're the CS type, 90% of your work is gathering, cleaning, storing, and then retrieving data in computationally efficient ways. Having only some intuitive grasp of the math is fine if you work in that kind of setting.
Learn Scala and Spark.
>>
>>60866427
Sometimes he faps with his left and sometimes with his right hand
>>
>>60867190
Would I need an MSc?
>>
>>60867190
What's the pay like?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.