[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Imagine if mobile browsers were 100mb bigger. That space is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

Imagine if mobile browsers were 100mb bigger.

That space is filled with the most popular JS frameworks (jquery, angular, react etc) and the last 5 versions of each.The remaining space is used for the most popular extensions to each.

Then when you connect to wifi it downloads all the newest updates. Just imagine how much bandwidth that would save mobile users each month. Seriously fuck JS
>>
I almost took you seriously but noticed you put a picture of a gay fashion accessory. I'm disappointed in you OP.
>>
There are already browser extensions to do this. Mobile browsers should just support extensions.
>>
>>60864689
Seriously try and find a large picture of web browsers. Its hard
>>
>>60864693
>>60864689
*mobile web browsers
>>
File: 1468453553434.jpg (186KB, 665x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1468453553434.jpg
186KB, 665x1000px
>>60864669
>>60864692
So basically you want to bring back java applets and macromedia flash.

You'll get your wish, soon every fucking website will be served as a WASM binary that executes in your browser and does all kinds of shit behind your back that you can't block, like run bitcoin miners and disable saving of images or even download images.
>>
>>60864881
That's a bit of a jump. I am just talking about a cache that can serve js files already compiled to bytecode. Imagine the bandwidth, compute time that would save the user.
>>
>>60864881
>So basically you want to bring back java applets and macromedia flash.
No? What kind of retarded logic lead you to that?
>>
>>60864914
>>60864924
>i want my web javascript frameworks to come preinstalled on all browsers like a plugin
>>
>>60864933
>caching javascript files is the same as java applets
>>
>>60864669
Not much. Cache exists.
>>
>>60864933
How is that "like a plugin"?
>>
>>60864881
It's fine this time because JavaScript is the future, and these days it's the only real programming language.
>>
I had a much better idea regarding this problem. I was thinking, why do people use CDN'S? To reduce how often a person as to download a new copy of the same example library. But there are a lot of problems with CDN'S, namely open internet stuff. So, why don't browsers cache based on md5 hash rather than source? This would make it so there's a maximum of 1 cached copy per file.
>>
>>60864962
I always assumed they did use a hash. Don't they?
>>
>>60864669
i think its interesting how weve gone from apps back to mobile broswing.

like why should i download the amazon app if I can just use amazon mobile on a mobile browser?
>>
>>60864978
Not to my knowledge. As far as I know, every website that serves a local copy of jquery rather than using a CDN is giving you a new cached copy.
>>
>>60864669
jquery and all are death now though thanks to ECMAScript6
>>
>>60864943
This. Also, everyone serves from like the same 3 CDNs, so it all works out
>>
>>60864962
It would be a security risk. Someone could potentially host their own CDN with malicious code that generates the same hash as the legitimate library
>>
Do you not know what cache or CDNs are lfmao
>>
>>60865832
of course but that initial download is still required. Browsing the internet enough and you quickly see jquery from version 1.9 to latest in active deployment. All that stacks up on a 3g connection.
>>
>>60864692
Firefox does
>>
>>60865926
People with shitty mobile data don't have the storage space for this
>>>>>>>>usa
>>
>>60865926
Do you think your solution will just magic the files onto your phone?
>>
>>60864689
>gets triggered because it isn't an Android tablet that literally no one uses.
>>
>>60864669
I wish I could use ublock origin on my phone
>>
>>60864669
>What is a CDN
>What is cache
>>
>>60864988
>i think its interesting how weve gone from apps back to mobile broswing.

>Develop and keep updating app for multiple different phone OS
vs
>Just make sure the website works
>>
IPFS already solves that. All is needing to meme it into not being a meme so browsers that using it.
If you wan't to distribute static content widely and cache it, IPFS is literally made for that. It's like torrents but easily linkable to web and comes with a cache to store and seed.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.