[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's so bad about allowing for a little bit of customization?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: macos-high-sierra.jpg (1MB, 2138x1188px) Image search: [Google]
macos-high-sierra.jpg
1MB, 2138x1188px
What's so bad about allowing for a little bit of customization?

I've seen Microsoft and Apple do this for a while now where even a slight bit of change is bad enough. They only seem to want to provide the user with not a single way to change how the system looks by default, except for the wallpaper and some colors here and there. This feels completely deliberate, for instance, with the lack of support for applications such as Flavours 2 on the macOS side and the constant Windows 10 updates breaking custom theme support.
>>
Welp, I guess I chose a boring subject
>>
>>60854332
There's no reason why we couldn't still have Flavours, but it would require disabling SIP and I guess most don't want to do that.
>>
>>60854561
Well, other apps are still there and suggest disabling SIP if you want to make em work. It's not ideal of course. What would be ideal is if Apple decided to make some tools available to achieve this.
>>
As someone who worked in a phone shop, I gained appreciation for apples no widgets on iOS.

As much as I like my own android, customization = normies wrecking things. The all in one design of Apple products is probably also because some of the exploding laptops were using replacement batteries and alternative chargers.

Normies gonna norm
>>
>>60854561
The dev sperged out and ragequit because of SIP. We could have it stiil but no.
>>
Normies couldn't Disable SIP anyway
>>
>>60854332
Companies think their users are retards. In some cases that's true.
The question is why would you buy a product for retards if you are not one?
>>
>>60854645
Some form of official support for customization would work. I understand what you mean, and honestly it makes me sick when I see someone on android use slow buggy shit like substratum. But it doesn't mean that there can't be more variety without sacrificing things like performance or even consistency.
>>
>>60854724
>The question is why would you buy a product for retards if you are not one?
There are products for two major demographics right now on the market. Autists and retards. Pick your poison. I pick retard oriented ones, since those usually let me spend less time doing meaningless shit.
>>
>>60854778
Then be a good retard and stop complaining about things you consciously chose.
>>
>>60854810
Did I complain about anything?
>>
fuck I hate that new name
>>
> I'm so special I us a theme that somebody else made.

Go use outdated broken Linux if you want to be a ricer faggot
>>
I think it's because of supporting normies as others have said. They want everyone to have a standard interface to make documentation easier and over the phone troubleshooting and shit. It's hard for them to tell you want to click on if your setup is all different.
>>
They would rather one unified look between macOS and iOS. It's a wonder that they let the devices come in a small variety of colors.
>>
>>60854894
Truth be told iOS and macOS are not that similar in looks. Flow of both systems is quite different too.
>>
>>60854917
Yeah. Call me crazy or tasteless but I'd like to have iOS looking more like macOS.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.