[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dear /g/. I come with you with a weird tale. >3 years ago

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: wtf.jpg (43KB, 800x529px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
43KB, 800x529px
Dear /g/. I come with you with a weird tale.

>3 years ago
>PC has a meltdown
>literally, the hard drive melted and burned the rest of the components to shit
>still unsure as to what prompted that
>strapped for cash, buy shitty premade PC because it's on sale
>upgrade the pieces over the years, actually runs really well
>fast forward to today
>live in tiny one room apartment
>sleeping
>PC is on
>suddenly, woken up
>AC unit stopped
>darker than usual
>suddenly, it starts again
>PC is off
>assume it was a short power failure
>get up, push the power button
>won't start
>assume a fuse blew again
>oh wait, everything else is working
>oh shit
>thinking the shitty PC finally gave up on life
>try plugging it in another outlet on the power bar
>not working
>try plugging it in a completely different outlet
>not working
>start panicking a little
>hold the power button for like 10 seconds
>of course nothing happens
>get up to try and go get a screwdriver so I can open it up and assess the damage
>thing starts on its own
>wait what
>go check system settings
>all hardware functioning
>shut it down, plug it back in the original outlet
>starts up instantly when I push the power button

And shit like this is why my family thinks I'm "good with technology". I feel like I did the equivalent of hopelessly bashing a machine with a heavy wrench and somehow got results.
>>
you performed the correct exorcism and expelled the demon possessing your computer

bless the omnissiah
>>
>>60849547
At this point, I'm willing to assume it's something like that.
>>
>>60849547
Was a short somewhere maybe?
>>
>>60849517
After a sudden blackout the charged caps in the psupply prevent it from starting again untill the caps loose some of the charge.
If you press the button and the pc starts like 10 seconds later it means that the psupply got the signal but waited till the caps were on acceptable value again and started the pc.
>>
>>60849874
Well then, you just taught me something. Glad I got that surge bar then.

Weird though, we're not having a thunderstorm or anything.
>>
>>60849893
Still interested how the fuck your hdd got to melting point. I had something similiar just inve when i did a hack job on a case fan and that thing started burning when the 2 wires touched after moving the pc. But hdd?
>>
>>60849925
I bought that one in 2010 when I was in the same condition as the one I have right now. It came with a 3 year warranty. 3 year and one month after I bought it, that happened.

I'm almost certain that thing was MEANT to melt after that time. But try proving it.
>>
>>60849517
>hard drive melted
molex to sata something something
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.