[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Prison Coding Class That Might Have Inmates Making Six Figures

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 248
Thread images: 53

File: 1497111255032.jpg (294KB, 980x653px) Image search: [Google]
1497111255032.jpg
294KB, 980x653px
Is teaching inmates how to code a good thing?

https://www.fastcompany.com/3038589/the-prison-coding-class-that-might-have-inmates-making-six-figures-on-their-release
>>
File: 1497111451897.jpg (97KB, 770x462px) Image search: [Google]
1497111451897.jpg
97KB, 770x462px
>>60842524
At California’s San Quentin prison, inmates who never even used a computer before are learning software development and planning their apps.
>>
>>60842524
>>60842537
>no whites, only blacks
interesting.
>>
>>60842524
That's unironically awesome.
>>
why does it have to be programming that the jews want to water down and lower wages?
>>
>>60842641
Last bastion where white Americans have a decent shot at making a living
>>
>prisoners have better "battlestations" than some /g/entoomen
>prisoners use linux

Linux: The convict's choice™
>>
>>60842621
the police goes easier on the whites
>>
>>60842524
>>60842537
>prisoners
>in charge of writing software that will interface with financial systems
Excuse me Jeb. It'll never happen.
>>
File: 1497115882858.jpg (95KB, 550x812px) Image search: [Google]
1497115882858.jpg
95KB, 550x812px
>>60842707
>>
>>60842524
All I see are static websites written in HTML and CSS only
>>
>>60842524
Yes. Anything to help inmates get jobs after they leave prison is a good thing
>>
>>60842707
Whites commit less crime.

This is a fact.

But it doesn't say why- they commit less crime because they aren't impoverished.
>>
>>60842524
The alternative is having them be used as free labor, so yeah
>>
>>60842859
So that's why the crime rates of Africa and Russia are similar. Oh wait.
>>
When will this fucking EVERYBODY NEEDS TO LEARN PROGRAMMING XDDD meme fucking die?
Jesus christ.
>>
>>60842902
Africa is a far larger shithole than Russia. It's not even comparable. Russia can at least coast on the legacy of the USSR.
>>
>>60842949
Its the sorcery of the future, create anything, prove me wrong
>>
>>60843011
Even in fantasy magick is relegated to intense study and care of use, not "teach criminals to use it too! xDDD"
>>
>>60842524
Well if they already have the living conditions of programmers might as well
>>
File: tfw.jpg (18KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.jpg
18KB, 480x480px
>>60843142
2real4me
>>
File: MemeMagick_Gas.png (172KB, 400x595px) Image search: [Google]
MemeMagick_Gas.png
172KB, 400x595px
>>60842859
>aren't impoverished.
No, it's because whites are white and blacks are niggers. No, it has nothing to do with skin color, but the genetics of self control fostered in snow-land. Look at niggers either raised wealthy or adopted by wealthy whites: the gap in crime, intelligence, and academic achievement between white and black still persists.

It's sad that all the chans are being infested with kiwiforums tier leftists. I'm seeing too much Stalin and Hammer/Sickle in places outside 8/pol/ ever since the election died down. 4/pol/ still has a natsoc core, but other /pol/s like end/pol/ are borderline SocJus.
>>
>>60842785
And that's good. Javashit needs to die.
>>
>white "men" on 4chan complain about le nurmos who can't use computers
>get assblasted when people learn to code
if you feel threatened by this you obviously suck at coding and should be looking into jobs in other industries
>>
>>60842524
Better to give them a computer to train their sitting still skills rather than letting them operate machinery until someone chimps out and kills the next guy with a screwdriver.
Thank god for cheap plastic chink shit, can't kill anyone with that.
>>
>>60843643
oh fuck off, stormfaggot
4chan has no political affiliation. You are here because people are making fun of you and are too fucking stupid to tell the difference.
>>
>>60842949
>implying coding means programming
>>
>>60842524
>Getting a white collar job with a felony in the US.
>>
>>60842785
Can anyone explain me the difference between an static website and a "dynamic" one? How do they work? What technologies are used there? newfag here
>>
File: CoolMoonMan.jpg (20KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
CoolMoonMan.jpg
20KB, 400x400px
>>60843756
At first they laugh at you.

Trump was only the beginning. Do you think the apparatus which threw its support behind him suddenly disappeared now that the election is over?

We have to fight, for we will have no homeland in 100 years at current rates of demographic deterioration in our home and conquered lands.

The Jew scourge must be purged.
>>
>>60842524
where are the white people?
>>
>>60843771
>white collar
Software development is a nigger tier job.
>>
>>60843643
statistically the poorest whitey commits way less crime than the richest blacks
>>
>>60843809
Not in jail because they don't commit crimes.
>>
>>60843796
Use of JS, that's the difference.
>>
>>60843825 meant for >>60842859
>>
>>60842641
Because technology is the core of business and those evil developers are charging too much for increasing our business value by orders of magnitude, this is truly another shoah
>>
>>60842859
Or they commit more crimes because they're predisposed to. This can be demonstrated by comparing crime rates across income levels and is consistent with the general laws of behavioral genetics.
>>
Some of them might end up highly motivated due to a combination of boredom and existential panic.

I spend hours a day daudling on bullshit, even when I am working properly I might waste too much time optimizing some random piece of code that will only save a millisecond. I often wonder what I would be capable of if I were more focused.

I imagine someone smart who had a really shitty upbringing might do better than me.
>>
>>60842949
Literally everyone should know how to write simple programs. It should be taught in elementary school, around the same time as basic algebra.
>>
>>60842524
Think of all those inmates who get buff because they have nothing to do but eat and workout. Now they have computers, they'll become proficient at coding, and the prisons can have them work for corporations for less than minimum wage. Takn jerbs away from the rest of us.
>>
File: 1495909531975.jpg (151KB, 400x463px) Image search: [Google]
1495909531975.jpg
151KB, 400x463px
>>60843865
Accurate
>>
>>60843837
I see, but then can you help me one more time?
I use js, so that makes my websites dynamic then, however I see all the time languages like java or ruby being used to "build websites".

It may be my inexpertise, but I imagine it as programs done in these languages "building" dynamically the website or parts of it as it's requested and serving it. That's the idea of "dynamic" that I had, how wrong am I? What are these languages used for in web dev?
>>
File: Ride.jpg (618KB, 553x936px) Image search: [Google]
Ride.jpg
618KB, 553x936px
>>60843877
>I imagine someone smart who had a really shitty upbringing might do better than me.
As an abused/impoverished genius, I can confirm it just destroys you. The grass isn't greener. Hardship and abuse stunts and destroys.
>>
File: m1Fip-Vt.jpg (24KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
m1Fip-Vt.jpg
24KB, 380x380px
>>60842524
Oh my god I know the guy on that monitor. That's Marcus Phillips, he's the co-founder of Hack Reactor.

He's unironically a psychopath and I don't say that as an insult, it probably helps to be one in business, but as just a medical fact. I don't know how I feel about him teaching a bunch of convicts.

I mean he's a great teacher but he's also completely unethical. He was very clearly trying to fuck this transgendered student in the class below mine and it made everyone super uncomfortable. Then I remember at the end of the course had a whole fucking lesson on how it's far more important to make money and get famous than to do good in the world.
>>
>get intentionally locked up for a few years
>get a free education
>make six figures when I get out

Really made me think.
>>
>>60842524
the absolute state of my fucking profession
>>
>>60843877
Your best bet is to a) get a very good programmatic/memetic inculcation as a child from aware parents and b) experience few if any confidence-crippling complete failures. I don't mean setbacks, but I mean bomb-out failures. Abuse makes a risk averse species far more paranoid and risk averse. Spanking a child really ought to carry double or triple the punishment of slapping/spanking your spouse. Religiosity should also be classified as a mild mental disorder (astrologists should qualify here too).
>>
Is this what they call Artificial Black Hat Hacker Creation?

But honestly I think it is good that the american "justice" system finally helps inmates get a job instead of them having to resort back to theft and drugs.
>>
>>60843936
>I am le ebin tortured genius guise XD
What a tear jerker story! No. Fuck off faggot.
>>
File: OhShitAnon.png (70KB, 366x380px) Image search: [Google]
OhShitAnon.png
70KB, 366x380px
>>60842859
>>
File: rF1cpJ6.png (327KB, 1348x1252px) Image search: [Google]
rF1cpJ6.png
327KB, 1348x1252px
>>60842859
Blacks still commit more crime when you adjust for socioeconomic factors.
There's a stronger correlation between crime rates and the ratio of blacks than crime rates and the ratio of poor people.

You'll have to find another excuse.
>>
File: SuicideKek.png (498KB, 710x769px) Image search: [Google]
SuicideKek.png
498KB, 710x769px
>>60844009
OK
>>
>>60843941
>totally non jewish anonymous poster.
>>
That's great, but I wonder how many of these people actually go on to pursue a career in software development.

Although, even if it's only like 5%, that's still more worthwhile than whatever machinework they were doing before.
>>
>>60843958
Especially considering that the course they're getting costs probably like $18,000 to people on the outside and is not eligible for federal student loans or scholarships because of their endless resistance to becoming a real accredited school.
>>
>>60844026

Your charts are wrong and off. Pajeets disprove them.
>>
>>60844037
I don't follow.
>>
File: RightWingDeathSquads.jpg (73KB, 532x486px) Image search: [Google]
RightWingDeathSquads.jpg
73KB, 532x486px
>>60843941
>Then I remember at the end of the course had a whole fucking lesson on how it's far more important to make money and get famous than to do good in the world.
He's right, and you're a cuck.
Now I'm going to go look up his videos!
>>
>>60843880
Literally no. Normies have zero need to write even simple programs. It's a fucking waste of their time.
>>
>>60844039
I dunno Anon. The world needs more machinists right now than it does shitty JS developers.
>>
>>60843923
Forget what that fool said. Javascript isn't what makes websites dynamic.

At the roots, you'd use a protocol named http to request a file (html or other files). So when you requested index.html, it would grab that file from a folder and send it through the internet to you. It's static because the file never changes.

Now, with the birth of php, you'd instead have some sort of “html template”. Whenever you requested the index.php file, the server would craft the contents of it like adding «Welcome, britfag». So the contents weren't static anymore, but dynamic.

Javascript is browser-side.

Inb4 hurhurrr nodejs. Adhere to context you fags.
>>
>>60842949
Teachers, professors, and politicians are pushing everyone to "code" because they don't know what else to tell the unemployed. There aren't enough jobs, and the economies of the global powers (America, Europe, China) are crawling along through the magic of gov printing presses.

This meme will end with the next collapse and IT bubble burst when even the thickest skulls wake up and realize that "coding" is not a bottomless well any more than housing was.
>>
>>60842785
You mean the way that most websites are meant to be?

A lot of these people are older and have been locked up before everything went to shit. Bullshit like NodeJS and Javascript-framework-of-the-month have simply passed them by, and that may very well play in their favor.

Would anybody mind linking the article of the inmate who used the prison recycling program to build two computers, hide them in a ceiling, and use them as an unrestricted access point to the internet, make calls with a SIP line, and steal social security numbers?
>>
>>60844026
/pol/ please go.
You are not going to be able to find one single explanation for why crimes happen. Your line of reasoning that poverty is only one of many causes and therefore can be discarded because it doesn't account for 100% is completely asinine.
>>
>>60844162
>Normies have zero need to write even simple programs.
>"dude I am not le nurmo because I go on 4chin and have zero friends XD"
yet you're still a fuckboy who:
>can't solve a system of differential equations
>unable to read sheet music
>drives a car with an automatic transmission
>cannot play a musical instrument
>wears shoes he bought at the mall
>does NOT have a personal email server
>has listened to less than 3,000 albums
>cannot perform a heel-toe downshift
>does NOT have a personal web server
peasants like you make me sick
>>
>>60843142
They got bigger tables than I do at work...
>>
>>60842859
>But it doesn't say why- they commit less crime because they aren't impoverished.

Being poor isn't an excuse to commit crimes. They're just fucking lazy and self-entitled. They're usually always the first workers to quit their jobs and they won't take jobs that they think are beneath them.
>>
>>60842682
This!! My sides....
>>
>>60844192
Is that really true? In America? I mean, I don't know, you could be right.
>>
>>60844192
Literally the opposite of true
>>
>>60843700
>"i'm good enough to survive this!"
>the meme

Managers can't tell good code from chicken scratches in the dirt. I mean that literally. Pajeet is cheaper than you, mommy coder camp graduate is more attractive than you and might blow the manager someday, and ex-con coder fills a diversity position.

Odds are very high that you are not so spectacularly good that you can survive the market bubble that is forming.
>>
>>60843923
It doesn't really matter if you're building HTML and CSS dynamically server side or not. The result could still be a static page on the user's end. You can also send the same webpage every single time server side but it would still be dynamic if it contained JS and assets, like for a Tetris clone or something. But then again, that's my opinion and I'm not a web dev.
>>
>>60844145
What was his name?
>>
>>60843142
They have two monitors for each person. I only get one monitor at work at most, if I arrive early to take up one of the preferred seats in the shared office space.
>>
>>60842524
WE WUZ HACKAS N SHEEEIT
>>
>>60844246
I got my job with zero experience or qualifications because I majored in applied math and they wanted someone smart kek

I was not dumb enough to study computer science; I studied math instead and just applied for your jobs. If all you can do is write code you are pretty much useless desu lad
>>
>>60843643
>dey a good boys deyz jus b poor n shit
dumb fucking brainwashed piece of shit
>>
>>60844246
>Managers can't tell good code from chicken scratches in the dirt. I mean that literally.

Yeah, if you work at a shit company with no QA process.
>>
>>60844192
No, we do need shitty JS developers.
That way, real developers who develop the shit which actually works behind that JS-magic can keep eating.
Literally, good developers should be developing and maintaining knowledge domain-specific frameworks for the less-good developers to use with shittier script languages.
>>
>>60844291
meant for this retard
>>60842859
>>
>>60844309
Good developers know both the backend and frontend.
>>
File: hmmm.png (177KB, 1038x706px) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.png
177KB, 1038x706px
>>60844192
>The world needs more machinists right now than it does shitty JS developers.
>>
>>60844215
Oh, I'm sorry, are you TRIGGERED?

>>Normies have zero need to write even simple programs.
>>"dude I am not le nurmo because I go on 4chin and have zero friends XD"
You know exactly what I was trying to communicate. You're just an angry autistic faggot who shit himself over a single word.

Most people in most professions have zero need to write software, even simple little programs. It's a pointless waste of time to have them learn something they will never use. If they want to learn it on their own has a hobby, hey, more fucking power to them. But no taxpayer needs to pay a public school teacher to waste time on this shit. I feel the same way about higher level mathematics and endless fucking English courses. (Not effectively communicating in English, that's valuable. I'm talking about endlessly navel gazing over fucking Shakespeare and Beowulf.)

And before you reply "hurr durr see u r a normie who can't into math" I fucking loved all my math classes and pursued it for fun. But I can still recognize it has zero application for most people in most professions.

Just like programming.
>>
>>60844206
Nobody said that. What we're saying is you multi-culti pukes are pushing the poverty accounts for 100% of it line, and it is completely asinine. What we're saying is race has a big part in it, because behavior and self control differ from one race to the next. You pukes want to say it's all environmental, so if we treat shit-tard niggers better than whites then it should make up for all the past wrongs which caused all their bad social habits, yadda yadda yadda.

No, bitch, quit invading our homelands with shitskin stock!
>>
>>60844380
>you multi-culti pukes are pushing the poverty accounts for 100% of it line
Okay. Nobody is doing that.
>>
>>60844378
you're a fucking peasant just like the people you're talking shit about. You don't know a goddamned thing about computers, you little bitch. You couldn't program your way out of a paper bag you're so stupid.
>"dude math is useless when are we ever going to use it in real life XD"
just goes to show how stupid/plebaic you really are lad. If I were you I would have killed myself years ago.
>>
>>60844278
>I majored in applied math and they wanted someone smart kek
You made a good choice. But it's not a choice that insulates you completely from the bubble that's forming.

>>60844297
>Yeah, if you work at a shit company with no QA process.
That's the majority of corporations and medium sized businesses in America. Hell, that's Microsoft.
>>
Next time the white masterrace goes colonial, it needs to eradicate rather than integrate/save the host lands it takes. WHITE AFRICA 2100!
>>
>>60844026
>when you adjust for socioeconomic factors
You may think you have adjusted for socioeconomic factors but you have not. You have to give the remaining correlations. The correlation between being black/hispanic and being poor. The correlation between not completing high school and being in poverty to be able to correct for those factors properly.
>>
>>60844380
get a grip
whites will be extinct in fifty years
deal with it
>>
>>60844324
>$45k
Were you trying to prove him correct?
>>
>>60844423
s/the host lands/the people of the host lands
>>
>>60844378
>I fucking loved all my math classes and pursued it for fun. But I can still recognize it has zero application for most people in most professions.

Sup math nerd buddy. I was a math major for 3 years and decided to switch to bio in senior year because lol come on there is no practical use for a fucking maths degree.
>>
File: TriggeredCircuit.jpg (22KB, 400x450px) Image search: [Google]
TriggeredCircuit.jpg
22KB, 400x450px
>>60844442
JUST
>>
>>60844423
>using a picture of the smiley with a carat nose
>>
>>60843936
>>60843991
Interesting psychobabble. Good points about how trauma can fuck up someone's motivation even though they are a genius and how we are too risk-averse. If there is only a 1/100 chance of success most people won't bother after failing several times in a row, but if you took that risk every day you'd have a 97.45% chance of success per year. It really makes you think. However I think it all boils down to 2 things.

1: jerk off frequently and stay in good health
2: nix distractions in the bud

I am sure your feels are more deeply ingrained than mine but I am pretty sure that essentially the same thing applies. Your feels will pass, you can let them atrophy and stop confusing cynicism with realism, if someone fucks with you there are 7500000000 other people in the world and plenty of other chances to take. ISIS wants to bomb you for being an unbeliever yet you're worried about your neighbor who keeps accusing you of stealing her mail. Who cares, put in ear plugs and get back to work cuckboi.

Like right now I have a good game going on ckii but I have told myself it is petty and will waste hours, as is being on 4chan too long.
>>
>>60844413
>you're a fucking peasant just like the people you're talking shit about. You don't know a goddamned thing about computers, you little bitch. You couldn't program your way out of a paper bag you're so stupid.
Tell that to the businesses that literally run off applications I've written for them.

>>"dude math is useless when are we ever going to use it in real life XD"
>just goes to show how stupid/plebaic you really are lad.
Higher level mathematics you god damn tard. How many professions REQUIRE calculus?
>>
>>60844471
:^)
>>
>>60844471
smiley with carat nose has saved me hundreds of dollars in my many craigslist negotiations
>>
>>60844442
>whites go exinct
>takes the secret of irrigation and indoor plumbing with them

WE'RE ALL POOS NOW.
>>
>>60844479
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
>>60844478
>Higher level mathematics you god damn tard. How many professions REQUIRE calculus?
>high math = calculus
>what is probability
>what is statistics
>what are differential equations
only a dumbass would think freshman calculus is next-level shit
>>
>>60844201
Thanks for sharing your knowledge, seems like I wasn't that off from the actual thing.
>>
>>60844524
>what is probability
>what is statistics
>what are differential equations
Three things that are useless in the vast majority of jobs. Kind of like programming.
>>
File: ss.png (143KB, 1280x749px) Image search: [Google]
ss.png
143KB, 1280x749px
>>60844476
Working on the risk aversion. I figure if I can build a positive expectancy model for a paper account, I can then abuse the model elsewhere.
>>
File: anonfag.png (185KB, 564x474px) Image search: [Google]
anonfag.png
185KB, 564x474px
>>60844515
-d8^)
p-8^O
-d8^D
>>
>>60842524
You have to be at least a bit above average intelligence to code anything meaningful. Criminals are usually criminals because they're too dumb for normal job. But I guess a few percent of them could benefit. Meanwhile normal folks will pay thousands for university, lol
>>
I want to meet a normie who programs.

I do video game programming in python and while it all seems really easy to me now, the learning curve was really frustrating and difficult and only kept at it because I'm passionate about video games. Even where I'm at now, I have to walk around and think about how to script a video game mechanic, you don't just "type out code."
>>
>>60844405
See >>60842859
>>
File: 1495071676387.jpg (80KB, 620x582px) Image search: [Google]
1495071676387.jpg
80KB, 620x582px
>>60842524
>>
>>60844550
>Kind of like programming
Meanwhile I can automate 80+% of the work I do thanks to programming. Stay in the 80s, grandpa.
>>
>>60842949
>>60844202
This is stupid. Just make everyone watch Peterson's bit about IQ. Not everyone can code. A lot of people can, it's not really that demanding job in terms of intelligence, but average human shouldn't waste his time on this.
>>
>>60844452
>correctly recognize that a math degree has no practical use
>switches to an even more useless degree, biology
wew lad
>>
File: mac_plus.jpg (125KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
mac_plus.jpg
125KB, 500x333px
BTW kiddies, programming is more than just spitting procedure into an editor and hitting run.

If you don't know what Big-O notation is, or how to calculate Big-O, and you contribute to open source, you are part of the cancer destroying the GNU ecosystem!
>>
>>60844625
>"dude these STEM degrees are useless"
-virgin NEET
>>
>Inside the classroom, a group of 18 San Quentin inmates, culled from an applicant pool of 100 people, are learning Javascript, CSS, and HTML for eight hours a day, four times a week.
>incarcerated since 2006 for assault
Lets make it homicide when he gets out and realizes these skill alone are worthless.
>>
>>60842524
Let's hope all that money they're making is going towards repaying taxpayers for sheltering, clothing, and feeding their asses while in prison.
>>
File: awx8gER_700b.jpg (125KB, 700x660px) Image search: [Google]
awx8gER_700b.jpg
125KB, 700x660px
>>60844616
>"the work I do"
For someone who likes to mouth off pretending he's high IQ and competent in the field of mathematics you have a MAJOR problem when it comes to understanding that the individual is not the average and the average is not the individual.

Programming is useless to the majority of the population. And the majority will never study it to a level where they can do more than fucking "hello world."
>>
>>60844651
The pure science/math aspect of math is generally useless in terms of real jobs.
>>
>>60844215
3000 albums is a lot.
if we assume an album is about 48 minutes long (graduation by kanye west. 13 tracks average length) thats still 2400 hours or 100 days of constant music listening. If you combine this with the fact that you can't really appreciate something if you listen to it just once its becomes extremely unreasonable for someone to do that unless they are like 50 years old.
Also whats wrong with buying shoes at the mall where else do you buy them. Its either a mall or a sports store like cleves which are in the malls sometimes.
>>
>>60844664
>Programming is useless to the majority of the population
no shit, the majority of the population does not have a computer or an internet connection
>>
>>60844625
>bio degree
>useless

tell that to the pharmaceutical industry
>>
>>60844664
>high IQ
>programming
Brah.
>>
>>60842524
why wouldnt it be a good thing.

you should be forcing prison inmates to read books and study whether they like it or not.

should be a punishment honestly.
>>
>>60844670
>of math
of STEM*
>>
File: oshit.jpg (40KB, 605x631px) Image search: [Google]
oshit.jpg
40KB, 605x631px
>>60844670
I'm the kind of virgin-NEET who would take an advanced math degree so I could tag walls with differential equations in my homeless madness.
>>
>>60842524
If they manage to get a normal job that pays well(even as an indie phone game developer). They might stop stealing.
>>
>>60844686
A BS in biology will not land you a job as a pharmacist.
>>
>>60844636
>If you don't know what Big-O notation is, or how to calculate Big-O
It's important to understand Big-O, but I cringe every time someone assumes their Big-O analysis means their code is as fast as it can be. Big-O is the start. But understanding the interplay between the processor, caches, and main memory can be just as important.
>>
>>60844673
if you try and listen to 3,000 albums in a single year then maybe that is hard to do. I am talking about over the course of several years.
>>
>>60844713
>working in the pharmaceutical industry = being a pharmacist
>getting a degree = getting a bachelor's and nothing more
dumbass
>>
>>60844690
>can't hold two separate statements in mind at once
>even though i used reddit spacing
Brah
>>
>>60844736
I have yet to hear an argument for why a biology is any more useful for employment than a math degree.
>>
>>60844717
Caveat: I assume disregard for Big-O correlates with disregard for architecture at over three-sigma.
>>
>>60844718
yeah but even if you listened to a new album everyday for a year thats only 365 albums out of 3000 and like I said you can't just listen to an album once. What age do you think people should have listened to this many. I'd say for a norman never because they don't even listen to albums just individual songs which drives me crazy because each song is just part of the story which is the album. I'd say if you were dedicated 30 if not 40-50 you could hit 3k
>>
>>60844718
>owning 3,000 albums means i'm spuhscial!
Dude, the guy who wrote that post is an autistic NEET tard. He probably has 3,000 toy ponies to, and he has cum on all of them.
>>
>>60844713
>A BS in biology will not land you a job as a pharmacist

Who the hell would want to be a pharmacist. A BS in bio will help land you a job in the pharmaceutical industry itself. I work in project management for the biggest pharma co on the planet. Granted, I also have a masters in business which I'm sure you'll also claim is useless.
>>
>>60844607
Oh well then you're right that guy is a moron.
>>
>>60844771
nah I wrote that post. ponies are for children and I am pretty sure you are projecting right now
>>
>>60844777
>A BS in bio will help land you a job in the pharmaceutical industry itself.
How so?
>>
>>60844777
it's useless to the NEET because they don't have a job. literally any degree is useless when you're a jobless virgin who posts on 4chan all day.
>>
>>60844806
True fact.
-t useless virgin NEET genius
>>
>>60844787
>says the guy whose post screamed butt hurt projection
>>
>>60844804
A bio degree comes with a lot of lab experience. I started off in the labs at Sloane-Kettering as my first job after graduating. Lab job then turned into a lab management job. Lab management turned into a project management job once I got my masters. It's not that difficult to understand. You get a job basic to your field and then find another higher paying one in a more broad field, then another.
>>
File: Derpy Hiro.jpg (127KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Derpy Hiro.jpg
127KB, 900x1200px
>>60842524
>>60842537
>Room full of porch monkeys
Stupid fucks like Facecuck wanted diversity. They can have it. Hope the women they hired because of affirmative action do not get raped too fast.
>>
>>60844858
>lab experience
Not at all unique to a biology degree nor is it special in any way. Yes, a bio degree can land you a job as a lab monkey. Congratulations.
>>
File: Drive.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Drive.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>>60844873
Better lab monkey than "Welcome to Wal-Mart! I love you!"
>>
File: air.jpg (99KB, 540x623px) Image search: [Google]
air.jpg
99KB, 540x623px
>>60844873
>Not at all unique to a CS degree nor is it special in any way. Yes, a CS degree can land you a job as a code monkey. Congratulations.
>>
>>60844162
>Thinking the ability to automatically do tasks and think mathmatically is ever a bad thing.

Fucking Luddites like you should have been thrown to the wolves at birth.
>>
File: cyberpunk.gif (1MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
cyberpunk.gif
1MB, 500x500px
>>60844912
Math should become something like "tribal knowledge," like how many Appalachians know how to skin and fish 'n shit. Or if I'm wrong, then like how almost everybody in North Dakota 100 years ago did.
>>
>>60844896
Or you could just a better degree.

>>60844904
The tech industry is one of the highest paying fields in the country. Babby lab work is not. You only went somewhere because you got an MBA.
>>
>>60844931
>The tech industry is one of the highest paying fields in the country.
>>60844324
>>
>>60844912
>thinking that normies will study and understand programming to the level required to automate significant tasks
>thinking most jobs even have tasks that can be easily automated by a single part time hobbyist developer
This is how I know that you're a NEET living with mom. You've never been in the real world.
>>
>>60844930
>math
>tribal

Now, I just know you are shitposting.
>>
File: not_amused.jpg (138KB, 1500x1477px) Image search: [Google]
not_amused.jpg
138KB, 1500x1477px
>>60844931
>Or you could just a better degree.
"_________ degree is a better degree." Fill in the blank.
>>
File: me_gusta.jpg (52KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
me_gusta.jpg
52KB, 1024x640px
>>60844948
No, I'm not. This shit is not hard, it's just made out to be over-fucking-complicated. You have math 'tards because they gave the fuck up early in school and could never catch up again.
>>
>>60844956
>NEET degree is a better degree.

Filled that in for yah.
>>
>>60844956
Literally almost any engineering degree. It's not hard.

>>60844942
>one example means anything
The big tech companies all pay 6 figures+ for their developers.
>>
File: chooooo.png (57KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
chooooo.png
57KB, 300x300px
>>60844948
>>60844971
math is just a fucking game deal with it
>>
>>60844930
Basic arithmetic is "tribal knowledge." As you scale above this mathematics is increasingly g-loaded, and the average IQ of the "tribe" in the U.S. is 98 (SD15).

So IQ 98 is the limit on knowledge that can become "tribal" or common. If it's even a little difficult for someone at that level and it's not a requirement of their job, they aren't learning it. Or if they were forced to learn it to graduate, they forgot it shortly after if they didn't just cheat their way through it. As you scale even higher, to more difficult subjects, you reach the point where they can never learn it absent a drug that increases their IQ.
>>
We don't need criminals who know how to attack the already very vulnerable servers on the internet.
>>
File: ff_anonymous5_f.jpg (36KB, 315x338px) Image search: [Google]
ff_anonymous5_f.jpg
36KB, 315x338px
>>60844991
Mathematics and programming are akin to Legos, but far far more versatile and applicable. What the fuck did you do with Legos? You mean to tell me people are incapable of learning the arithmetic Legos, the various sets of Legos combining those arithmetic Legos with natural number Legos creates, etc etc.

Or the if, then, else Legos, and the and, or, not Legos?
>>
File: 3a7.jpg (77KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
3a7.jpg
77KB, 680x680px
>>60844971
>Shitposting louder of course makes it seem like I am not talking out of my ass.

Math is a pretty new thing in human history. Early tribes had no need for it as they lived day-by-day. In fact, shit like the concept of zero was not even invented until what many anthropologists consider modern times. Only one here that seems to have given up in school is you.

>2/10 got me to take obvious hookshit.
>>
>>60843767
>implying he's using the programming word wrong
>>
>>60844971
Math tards aren't just holding themselves back but possibly everyone. In my school district their retardation in class meant that the curriculum couldn't even move on until they had some idea of what the hell was going on. We didn't even get halfway through the curriculum by the end of the semester most times. Then once we advanced to pre-calc we had to spend half the class explaining all of the algebra 2 that the retards prevented us from covering. Fuck, don't go to public schools.
>>
File: 14845765162730.png (440KB, 645x1260px) Image search: [Google]
14845765162730.png
440KB, 645x1260px
>>60844291
Just leave this board /pol/ the Lord knows /g/ doesnt need any more cancer
>>
>>60842621
The teachers white
>>
>>60844956
>>60844971
>>60844991
>>60845026

avatar fagging is against the rules, shitstain
>>
>>60845015
Oh fuck, I didn't even think of this angle. Actually, we do need this. The more hacking the better. America's middle management is filled with drooling retards who will only start to value quality engineers over pajeets and coder camps if they repeatedly get raped due to security issues.
>>
>>60842537
>sublime
>36pt
>>
>>60845029
The algorithm is less than 100 years old, as named. While the concept may have existed before-hand for longer (procedure, recipe, etc), the idea that mental structures on their own could produce results all on their own wasn't realize-able really until Babbage's Analytical Engine was designed. The most important lesson/aspect in all this is the algorithm. Both programming and mathematics deal with algorithms and implementation. Programming languages, actually, are superset calculi to the mathematics we all learn so as to encompass logic and flow-control.
>>
>>60845048
>The only educated man in the room is white
Nothing new here.
>>
>>60844871
The funny thing about that is I work at one of those SJW companies that "want/support" diversity. They hire 0 blacks and 0 mexicans outside of the kitchen. 90% of the women they have are foreigners on H1B visas who are super conservative and are pissed of that trans-women are in their bathrooms.
>>
>>60843643
>>60843805
cringe
>>
File: dropload.jpg (25KB, 236x245px) Image search: [Google]
dropload.jpg
25KB, 236x245px
>>60845051
Bite me, tardass.
>>
>>60842524
Programming is a lot more difficult than 'show up to this class and you will be a programer'. You have to have at least an average IQ to succeed but probably above a 110 to get a good job. Honestly, If I had to bet I would say the average IQ in prison is somewhere around 85.....
>>
>>60842524
Cool, all that nigger rage will be focused on pajeets undercutting them.
>>
>>60842621
So are they teaching the blacks Java, and the whites C?
>>
File: RogerBoing.gif (207KB, 720x403px) Image search: [Google]
RogerBoing.gif
207KB, 720x403px
>>
File: nazirangers.gif (2MB, 425x270px) Image search: [Google]
nazirangers.gif
2MB, 425x270px
>>60845142
It's perfect!
>>
File: 1489525558076.jpg (125KB, 710x873px) Image search: [Google]
1489525558076.jpg
125KB, 710x873px
Real talk /g/ents would you trade a couple of IQ points for a bigger penis?
>>
>>60845183
No, cause I'd still be a dorky ass white boi with no social skills. Only now I'd be dumb as a nigger and still a virgin.
>>
>>60843941
>He was very clearly trying to fuck this transgendered student in the class below mine

Was she hot?
>>
File: trump's america.jpg (173KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
trump's america.jpg
173KB, 900x600px
>programs teaches more people to use linux and vim
>/g/ still complains
>>
File: I_am_tesla.jpg (30KB, 444x532px) Image search: [Google]
I_am_tesla.jpg
30KB, 444x532px
>>60845183
I would if it meant I had natural positive expectancy if I threw 3:1 darts at any asset. Some-how a sixth sense or the Universe always obeying or someshit.

Otherwise no I'll keep my IQ. Pussy is maybe 17th on my list of reasons to trade IQ points.
>>
>>60845183
I would trade a couple IQ points for a naturally positive outlook and a high energy personality.
>>
>>60842537
>and planning their apps.
>Find your homies nearby app
>Find rival Bloods/Crips nearby app
>>
>>60845142
Nah, the blacks are learning Go. :^)
>>
>>60845183
Nah. I just make it work with what I have.
>>
>>60845225
>blacks
>people
Pick 1.
>>
File: 1483330641990.jpg (179KB, 1024x789px) Image search: [Google]
1483330641990.jpg
179KB, 1024x789px
>>60842859
you leftist retards just don't seem to grasp the idea that repeating bullshit ad nauseam won't make it true.
>>
>>60845408
Shut up kike
>>
>>60844206

The absolute truth is that if you could only do one thing to reduce crime, you would want to replace all blacks with whites. There is simply just no getting around that as a statistical fact.
>>
File: 1480982916806.png (466KB, 604x565px) Image search: [Google]
1480982916806.png
466KB, 604x565px
>Is teaching inmates how to code a good thing?
>4 hours of shitposting later
>FUCKING NIGGERS REE
>>
>>60842641
Only noob programmers would feel threatened by this.
>>
>>60843958
That's what I'm thinking. I live a pretty basic life
and can't afford any sort of higher education.
These shitstains fuck up in life and are given
what the rest of us have to work our asses off for. Fucking fuck. Fuck this shit.
>>
>>60845867
>College educated, tons of experience with systems, incredibly talented programmer
>Want at least 85k salary
OR
>Hire three retards who can slap together javascript and wrap it in electron
>$20k each
>>
>>60843958
lol no company is going to hire ex-convicts no matter how well educated they are
>>
>>60845746
Did you really expect anything less?
>>
>>60842537
>Steve Jobs' motto on the wall
prisoners or not, good software has never emerged in such an environment
>>
>>60842756
>multiply your performance
>using slaves
>>
>>60846070
>steve jobs motto
>good artists copy, great artists steal

would be great for a prison wall
>>
>BixNood.js
>>
>>60845887
>be muslim "refugee"
>come to 'murica
>free housing
>free food
>free education
>don't even have to serve time in prison if you can keep from blowing shit up
Never forget that the faggot in the pic took screws out of an alarm clock, claimed it was a tech project, and got massive gibs, praise from Silly Valley, and the promise of a free ride in the future.

All for unscrewing a few screws in a FUCKING CLOCK.
>>
>>60846123
#mupdadoo <diddapo>
mo gub bidda;

be dattum()
{
muhfuggen << "bix nood!";
cofbin dubho muhfugga;
}
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (80KB, 940x633px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
80KB, 940x633px
>>60846200
kek forgot the pic
>>
>>60845203
>She
>>
>>60846200
Dont be a whiny tard anon. You are missing the point of the story. It was just a counter to the glorification of rap culture. It would have caused a lot of damage so they went a bit over the top, but its clearly a one off. Some people hit the lottery. Do something useful with your own life rather than unleash your autism at a kid,
>>
>>60842524
Yes. Prison isn't only supposed to keep the bad guys off the streets but also rehabilitate. The goal is to reduce recidivism for low level crimes and that can be accomplished by education. Obviously your murderers, child rapists, and others serving life sentences for horrific crimes wouldn't be eligible for programs like this but people convicted on relatively minor crimes only serving a few years or so would be perfect candidates. I think it's a great idea.
>>
>high school kids get offered internships even before college, get a job
>women and minorities go to 2-week code bootcamp, get a job
>pajeet works for Infosys a for few years, comes over and gets a job
>prison inmates getting taught to code for free, get a job as ex-cons
Meanwhile I sit in my mother's basement with my useless CS degree.
>>
>>60846969
>The goal is to reduce recidivism
Sit down, my son. Let me explain how the U.S. justice system really works. The goal is to bring back slavery by locking up every poor nigger who has a run in with the cops, so that private prisons and companies that contract their labor to those prisons can make money. Recidivism is something we are working to ***increase***.
>>
>>60847057
Don't commit the crime if you can't do the time.
>>
File: 90480923490.jpg (12KB, 233x217px) Image search: [Google]
90480923490.jpg
12KB, 233x217px
>>60847052
>>
>>60847052
america is a nation for mongrels and shitskins. if you are white, the only way to get ahead is to be a chosen one or mentally ill (transgender.)

it's time to pack up and move elsewhere unless you're a masochist that enjoys being denied opportunities and treated as a second class citizen.
>>
File: 1482248396016.gif (2MB, 380x285px) Image search: [Google]
1482248396016.gif
2MB, 380x285px
>>60842524
Great. More hacking and fraud schemes, here we go.
>>
>>60842524
>prisoners trained in the US will replace fraudulent pajeets
Honestly not a bad idea.
>>
>>60847057
I know that. I'll rephrase it and say the goal should be to reduce recidivism... which flies in stark contrast to the policies of the current government. This new "tough on crime" era too shall pass and hopefully afterword we can push for some real prison reform.
>>
>>60847057
i hope shitheads like you find their way to a shallow ditch somewhere posthaste.

why is it blacks that seem to so frequently have these run ins with cops, dipshit?
>>
>>60847163
>t. white person with no marketable talent, blaming minorities and fags for his problems
>>
>>60847221
If you'd seen the lawlessness that permeates the opioid-addled white population in the rust belt, you couldn't claim that Oakland homeboys are worse. But there is a substantial difference in police presence and enforcement.
>>
File: .png (43KB, 1069x523px) Image search: [Google]
.png
43KB, 1069x523px
>>60847235
i have more talent than your entire sewer dredging lineage. not being blind, i'm also aware of what a shitshow the US is for any normal white person. that's why i took steps to network and all but secure myself possible positions overseas when i depart from my marxist indoctrination instit-i mean college.
>>
>>60847163
I don't blame non-white-cis-males, I blame universities and Silicon Valley for massively overproducing CS undergraduates while lying to the public about demand. The universities get their tuition, Silicon Valley gets to pick the cream of the crop, and the rest of us get fucked with college debt.
>>
>>60843805

>dat cognitive dissonance

Trump is more pro Israel in foreign policy than Obama ever was.

Shame you're too retarded to pay attention to what he actually does in office, rather than projecting your own values and thoughts onto him.
>>
>>60843809

You can see the hands of a white guy on the right.
>>
>>60847290
You'll probably end up ABD, but if you don't, I'll come to your graduation. You'll be the one wearing the fedora.
>>
>>60847265
i'd still rather live among white heroin junkies than the trash in any predominately black neighborhood. junkies are predictable. your homeboys will turn on you whenever they think it might benefit them, or for fun even.
>>
>>60842524
Fucking idiots going off topic.
But this is actually kind of cool.
I wish them the best once they're released.
>>
>>60847338
i've already done enough work and acquired enough (peer reviewed) data to defend. worst case scenario, i copy and paste all my work into a half assed dissertation and be done with it.

but don't worry, i'll wear a dorag like all good negro worshiping american "whites" just to fit in with the likes of you.
>>
>>60844558
hmm, be sure to replace risk aversion with rational risk assessment rather than swinging too far the other way and taking excessive risks

I gather bitcoin has market value because people use it for other things besides speculation but those other coins are dodgy and you don't want to stay in them too long, if you have to go in, be ready to bail.
>>
>>60843811
>buttmad manual labor worker
>>
>>60842621
No shit, it's a prison.
>>
File: 1386837703978.png (304KB, 620x582px) Image search: [Google]
1386837703978.png
304KB, 620x582px
I wonder if this negro is forced to study how to code now.
>>
>>60845404
>implying these aren't great ideas for apps
Why do you all hate black people so much? Why not be happy they are doing something productive?
>black person commits a crime or something
THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN KKKILL ALL NIIGGERS!!!
>black person does something positive with their life
FUCKING NIGGER STOLE IT! REEE AFIRMATIVE ACTION! HES JUST TRYING TO BE WHITE
All that hate is no good for you. I think a find your homies app is just what the world needs right now, or maybe what you guys need is a find your heart app. Where's the love?
>>
>>60847723
how many nigger porn tabs do you have open right now?
>>
>>60842524
I don't see anything wrong with this. This is how prison should be, rehabilitation and making sure they stay off the street when they get out, not being pit against each other having to worry about getting shanked.
>>
Everyone can code.

Everyone can design

Everyone can do math.

Everyone can be rich.
>>
>>60844636
what a beautiful thing the mac is.
vs the shitty tin boxes of PCs
the QUALITY
>>
>>60844215
This pasta is stale and it's not even that old
>>
>>60847265
Bro I can't wait for Far Cry 5.
>>
>>60845183
Depends on the exchange rate.
>>
>>60842524
>all niggers
kek
>>
>>60847163
How do you explain the cis white males who are successful? You're just a bitter loser, lol.
>>
this is a fishing pole
>>
>>60844026
>dat linear fit

Dude, there's an outliner at an extreme X, you can't even fucking statistics.
>>
>>60851398
The white inmates weren't smart enough to get into the class.

BTFO
>>
>>60842902

Having been to Moscow, I can assure you there are parts of Africa with better living standards.

Russia is a shithole beyond human compehrension.
>>
Meanwhile I never break the law work 60 hours a week and have a few hours a week to learn how to program. Fuck this liberal country, take my money i work for and some nigger gets to kickback and learn to code.
Thread posts: 248
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.