[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anybody help me with this dumb WLAN adapter? I'm at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Can anybody help me with this dumb WLAN adapter? I'm at my parents' home for the summer and I brought my desktop here and I'm using a Serioux WA150 for WiFi. Problem is, it only goes to 3Mbps down (should be 10Mbps here, rural internet sucks here). I thought it was the adapter's problem so I tried it on my dad's laptop from the same room but it gets 9Mbps down and I have no idea what's different between the two. Both running Windows 10, adapter plugged in USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports, same results and both computers don't have the drivers for the adapter installed.
>>
have you used the laptop in the same place where the desktop is?
the signal is probably just shit
>>
>>60836493
Same place. I've tried plugging the adapter in the front of the desktop and the back, twisted it around and turned it to shit in every possible position. My phone and Switch are both getting 7-8Mbps from the same position.
>>
>>60836478

Wi-Fi is cancer. Pull a cable.
>>
>>60836562
I would if I could, router is downstairs right below my room but I can't drill a hole anywhere.
>>
>>60836584

Why not, if I may ask?
>>
>>60836627
I don't think my dad would like me to just for this summer since I'm back to college in September then I'm getting my own house.
>>
>>60836635

Ah, I see.
>>
>>60836478
>and both computers don't have the drivers for the adapter installed.

I'd say that one of the computers has the drivers and one doesn't. Either way you can know for sure that it's your computer causing the issue.
>>
>>60836773
I'm not even sure those drivers exist, can't find them anywhere,
>>
1. get a USB extension cable, could be some interference from the laptop
2. google: how to boost usb wifi adapter
>>
>>60837026
and if you can't get the cable you could make smaller versions of those antennas and put it on the stick
also you can google: how to boost wifi router
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UygPcBCFRrA
>>
also
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=usb+wifi+low+speed
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.