[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

An Android App for mpd that is able to cache songs like Spotify

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: whyfly.jpg (61KB, 480x539px) Image search: [Google]
whyfly.jpg
61KB, 480x539px
An Android App for mpd that is able to cache songs like Spotify and has the same convenience functions. Moreover the mpd is interconnected to other mpd's in a distributed p2p tor-enabled network.

Why does this not exist.
>>
>>60819934
You're mixing things up.

You could have all your music as torrented on your server and then just stream that to your android.
>>
>>60819986
I'm enhancing things up. If you are riding the bus and want to listen to the latest Justin Bieber song are you really going to get your notebook out, ssh to your server and search for a torrent?

<-MPC(Android)<--(network)-->MPD<-(tor)->#MPDnet#

This kills the spotify.
>>
>>60819934
So you want popcorn time for music for mobile devices?

Well, data use and battery life might be an issue, for starters. There's also the whole copyright infringement thing too.
>>
>>60820353
>data use and battery life might be an issue,
Exactly as much as it is for the largely successful Spotify app.
>There's also the whole copyright infringement thing too.
For movies it might be impracticable as of now, but for music an anonymity network should be sufficiently fast.
>>
>>60820428
>Exactly as much as it is for the largely successful Spotify app.
The difference here is that Spotify streams music one way from a Centra server. A p2p network would mean devices constantly checking each other for files, uploading files and so on. We're literally talking about non stop activity whereas Spotify can happily partake in the race to idle by streaming whatever it thinks it needs and then shutting off the data connection.

The short of it is that it's still a terrible idea.
>>
>>60819934
Literally DSub
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=github.daneren2005.dsub&hl=en
https://github.com/daneren2005/Subsonic/releases
>>
>>60821564
That wasn't my point.

MPC is a client that runs on the Android App, it's not directly involved in any P2P network, it linearly streams data on demand from the user's own MPD and it is able to cache (download) albums or single songs.

The user's MPD is connected to other users MPD over a decentralized anonymity network (so the feds can't take it down). If the user searches a file on his Android device, the request gets to his own MPD which will search for it, download it and stream the results to the client just like Spotify.

>>60821725
Looks nice, and pretty close. It's lacking the whole piracy thing though.
>>
>>60821861
>It's lacking the whole piracy thing though.
Oh you mean cache songs from Spotify. I guess that won't happen anytime soon.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.