[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is buying used/refurbished CPU/Motherboards something that is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 410297062.png (94KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
410297062.png
94KB, 396x385px
Is buying used/refurbished CPU/Motherboards something that is pretty safe to do? Or are you likely to get screwed with a soon to be broken item in a few months?

My Q6600 and MB has lasted 9 years of hard use but I don't know if its longevity is an anomaly or not.
>>
Buying second hand computer equipment is something trojan-ridden poorfags do.
>>
>>60819284
I don't give a shit, if it works it works.
>>
CPUs never die, if you want to max out the specs on an old system, go right ahead.
Used ram is pretty safe too, if it's still working at this point, it's not going to suddenly stop working.
If you buy stuff on ebay, you're pretty much guaranteed a refund if something comes dead on arrival.
>>
>>60819284
If you do try to get something professionally refurbished and from an OEM (dell, HP, lenovo, etc) that was used in a business or something.
>>
Almost all of my tech stuff is used. PC, laptop, phones, tablets, etc. I have absolutely no regrets.
>>
Don't buy used AMD graphics cards from 2009-Present, they're all burnt out pieces of shit from overclocker retards, bitcoin miners or both.
>>
File: 1444918419550.png (38KB, 578x712px) Image search: [Google]
1444918419550.png
38KB, 578x712px
>>60819295
>>
>>60819284
>My Q6600 and MB has lasted 9 years

I still have my 1 ghz intel working and running so no, pc last a long time if you aren't a retard and pour jolt cola on them.
>>
>>60819284
I always buy used.

Really comfy and saved a ton of money over the years.
>>
>>60819379
This specially phones.

People just buy new phones whenever they are out like retards while the previous flagship is still fucking good.
>>
>>60819383
You can get AMD graphics cards with third-party coolers that weren't used by coin minors, granted that doesn't protect you from over clockers.

The same goes for the Nvidia side to as people think overclocking Nvidia won't harm the hardware at all.

>>60819284
For the CPUs, you're pretty much safe, it's really hard to destroy the CPU. For the motherboards however you might be a little bit more at risk because capacitors can blow, and with age they're more likely to.
>>
Dumb frog poster
>>
>>60819284
Used motherboards can die due to overused capacitors and such. More voltage passes through, the higher chance it will die quick.

Still its all about cost/risk analysis. Buying used/refurbished stuff has risks however since the costs is much lower than new, you would generally be offset by it.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.