[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Look guys, I'm trying to understand how the fuck mechanics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1400800181im.jpg (207KB, 932x711px) Image search: [Google]
1400800181im.jpg
207KB, 932x711px
Look guys, I'm trying to understand how the fuck mechanics and hydraulics work. I get the basics but I cant be sure of myself about how a turbshaft engine's torque is made or distributed. I think layers of compression fans draw air into the compression chamber where is fed into the combustion chamber where fuel is expended to heat the compressed air coming in. That heated compressed air is now run through more compression/turbine fans that have a shaft attached to them and create the actual movement to a shaft that gets dets distrubted throughout an aircrafts mechanical system to power rotors and generators.

But what powers the initial compression fans that draw air in? Is it just the apu spinning them with electromagnetic gearboxes? Or is it just a pneumatic start using cross bled air pressure from an aux power unit? Im sure either works but how does it work for the T700-GE-401C engine? ( h60 front driven turbo shaft engine). How is the direction of torque on a shaft changed? Some kind of gear box translation?

Man, I hate mechanical shit, but I want to know it for my job. An avation electrical tech on heilos for the us navy just trying to understand the rest of the aircraft better.

Alsi fuck electromagnetic gearboxes, I don't know what the fuck a stator is.

>pic is of t700-ge-401c front driven turboshaft engie 1800 hp.

Also mkg wouldnt help me.
>>
>>60815968
Look this is technology, not fagology.
>>
>>60815990
The irony in that made my dick croak
>>
>>60816012
Maybe you should stop fucking frogs. This board attracts edgy extra bedroom dwelling rudypoos, nothing more.
>>
>>60816037
>rudypoos

Trying to show off r ya nigher
>>
>>60815990
I was going to give you an answer but then I read heilos.
I was a Harrier electrician.
>>
>>60816054
Rodge. Whats carrier life like unless im wrong.
>>
>>60816074
It sucks for six months.
>>
This is a good place to ruin egos im in. Dont know shit.
>>
>>60816102
Atleast is a good bar story, thats where the other half of the pay goes towards.
>>
Look man you sound p smart to me, u probs have a better understanding than any an would have off the bat.
>>
OP fuck me pls
>>
Good tech board, keep sharin those dank desktop wallpapers. *Claps*
>>
>>60816212
Mad
>>
>>60816212
Dude no one gives a shit
>>
>>60816250
Yeah you win queer, heres a lemon.
>>
>>60816271
Dude i dont disagree with you.
>>
Alright well im off, op her, gonna suck my own cock.
>>
So, you have the first part right. Air flows into a compressor and is compressed, from there it is passed through the combustors where the air is vastly heated by the burning fuel. This simultaneously raises the pressure. Then this high pressure and hot air expands through the turbine stages, and this is where the mechanical energy is drawn from. The shaft that the turbine is mounted onto, to simplify things, is the same shaft as the compressor, so the mechanical energy from the turbine is transferred directly into the compressor.

Hope this helps.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.