[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I accidentally plugged my mic into my sound card's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: audigy.jpg (39KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
audigy.jpg
39KB, 640x480px
So, I accidentally plugged my mic into my sound card's line in, and my PC BSOD'd after a DPC Watchdog violation error. Upon restarting, Windows won't recognize the sound card (doesn't show up at all) and attempting to install the drivers for the card just yields an error message that my sound card was not detected.

I can't think of this damaging the hardware somehow, so does anyone here have any idea what happened, and how I could fix it? Working on a few things now, but any help would be much appreciated.

My sound card is the following:
http://support.creative.com/downloads/download.aspx?nDownloadId=13500
>>
>>60801658
Install Gentoo.
>>
>>60801658

swap slots if you can
>>
>>60801658
test on different hardware, if problem persists, it is a hardware issue
>>
>>60801658
Creative hardware was never good.
>>
Swapping slots corrected the issue. I guess I killed the slot, but that result seems insane for the mistake I made.
>>
>>60801658

Is the mic faulty?

Or powered/amplified?
>>
>>60802146
i can give you a list of things you could do to try
>>
>>60803092
If it's powered or amplified, plugging it into line in would be the correct way about it. Only if it's got an amplified out with phantom power I could see things going wrong, but then it would blow everything up when plugged into the mic port, too.
>>
>>60803115
1. Uninstall ALL sound card driver software.
2. turn off computer, unplug the power cord connecting from wall to your computers psu . then with the power cord unplugged press the power button on your computer. your computer might turn on for a second then turn off again.
3. open up computer , put the sound card back into the original slot, then take out the cmos battery from motherboard, and set aside.
4. plug the power cable back into the computer, turn on computer, and see if the sound card is recognized again.
5. put back cmos battery.
>>
>>60801714
Wrong, as per standard for a tripfag I guess.
Creative hardware has always been great, their software on the other hand was awful, they're the prime reason 32bit client WindowsNT was restricted to a hard 4GB memory limit.

>>60801658
Download Ubuntu 16.04LTS, put it on a flash drive with Rufus.
Once booted, test audio any way you see fit, if it's not working-
Open settings (the cog with a spanner on the right) then goto sound, check if your soundcard is there and that it's selected as default soundcard
Test again if present/not selected before, move ahead if it's not shown
open a terminal and type
lspci -h |grep creative

If you don't see your card, it's probably dead jim - but try reseating it anyway.
IF you do see your card, reseat and try again, if still no worky, it's probably dead jim.
>>
>>60801658

You been microshitted by windaids. I bet the card works fine in the slot if you boot Linux or BSD.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.