[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck do I get Windows 7 installed on a Ryzen computer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: takahashiryousuke-evolution.jpg (88KB, 1000x200px) Image search: [Google]
takahashiryousuke-evolution.jpg
88KB, 1000x200px
How the fuck do I get Windows 7 installed on a Ryzen computer? I know it's possible, I've heard of others doing it.

I've checked on how to get it installed, but all I ever get is a single article copied and pasted to dozens of different sites.

It says it's a USB controller issue, that I can fix by plugging my USB keyboard/mouse into USB slots that are connected to the chipset rather than straight to the CPU. I've checked my motherboard's user guide, and it does say there are USB slots connected to the chipset, but I've plugged my cables into every different port possible and have never been able to get it to work.

It says I can use a PS/2 keyboard. I don't have one and I don't know where I can just get one. I've tried three different USB to PS/2 adapters with 4 different USB devices, and not a single one was recognized by the computer, even when running Linux.

I tried doing an unattended install. I found and used two different methods to do so.

The first one didn't even work as an unattended install because it wouldn't let me manage disk partitioning without paying for it, which is one of the early steps in the installation process. The second one didn't work because it required a file being stored on a USB device being plugged into the computer during the installation, but the computer doesn't recognize USB devices in the first place!

What do I actually have to do to get Windows 7 working on Ryzen?
>>
>>60800623
you can activate windows 10 with a windows 7 key
>>
Slipstream USB drivers into your installation media.
Also you would need an active USB-F to PS/2-M converter. They haven't been made for years because they're retarded expensive and high latency.
>>
>>60800761
>Slipstream USB drivers into your installation media.
That doesn't help when I can't install the OS without USB functionality, to begin with.

>Also you would need an active USB-F to PS/2-M converter.
Why would I need that and not just something like https://www.amazon.com/Keyboard-Adapter-Converter-Purple-Color/dp/B00702SCN8/

Like I said, I already tried three such adapters, what makes what you posted different?
>>
>>60800884
Passive versus active adapters, USB is based on polling while PS/2 uses system interrupts. Passive adapter would only work if the keyboard was designed to be used in either USB or PS/2 mode, some higher end mechs for example. Active adapter takes the USB input, processes it, and outputs the corresponding PS/2 input.
What specific motherboard are you using and what are your installation media options? An optical disc install with USB drivers bundled into it should allow you to use your USB keyboard. If you're trying to install with a USB drive when USB doesn't work... I don't know what to tell you. It's not happening.
>>
>>60800884
>That doesn't help when I can't install the OS without USB functionality, to begin with.
Moron, WinPE will pick up the USB drivers if they are slipstreamed into your installation media. If you're that lazy make a Windows 10 installation media and copy Windows 7 source files into it.

OR get a second computer, install any Windows Server, enable Windows Deployment Services, add your Windows 7 iso, add all the drivers, boot to network bamn.
>>
>>60800977
I'm using the MSI B350 PC Mate board, and I'm trying to install Windows from a DVD.

The first problem comes in when you the installation process has start and you have to select your language/keyboard layout and hit next. You can't do any of that because you have no working mouse or keyboard.

I don't see how bundling drivers into it would change that because you have to install Windows then install the drivers for them to be useful, and we're stuck on installing Windows.
>>
File: 1492816510390.jpg (308KB, 712x1134px) Image search: [Google]
1492816510390.jpg
308KB, 712x1134px
>>60801038
You're booting from the optical disc, it uses the drivers on the disc to run everything. You put the drivers you want inside the .iso, replacing the existing ones, and then burn it to the disc. This is called slipstreaming. Now the disc only has those drivers instead of the ones Windows 7 (or SP1) shipped with. It also installs them with Windows, in place of the USB drivers it normally installs.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.