[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why do all the tech companies keep trying to push their assistants

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: galaxy-s8_intelligence_bixby.jpg (43KB, 881x862px) Image search: [Google]
galaxy-s8_intelligence_bixby.jpg
43KB, 881x862px
why do all the tech companies keep trying to push their assistants on users?

all the assistants ive tried are still slower than doing everything manually, by the time ive opened it and said open app x I can already just scroll and tap one, now this bixby shit is hard wired into the S8 and it fucking sucks
>>
>>60790516
>Assistant
You mean voice activated search engines?
>>
the odd search by voice and question is fine but when they try to make everything by voice like opening apps gets to me
>>
le convenience meme
>>
The Chinese-American market.
>>
>>60790516
cos they get the most personal data by just listening on your mic and reading your sensors, scraping your screen and sniffing your google account 24/7
its installed by default and cant be removed, if you installed it yourself you'd see the enormous list of permissions required
>>
>>60790593
Isn't there an "everything" permission on lagdroid?
>>
the consumer angle: in the same way the clapper or roomba sought to solve a non-problem. laziness magnified to the extreme as a pseudo-luxury

the futuristic angle: taking cues from sci-fi fiction that insists the future is in super intelligent AI that will essentially be our constant companion and helper, for a technology company the ability to claim "ahead of the curve" is essential.
>>
>>60790604
probably
>le lagdroid meme
even iNugs cringe when someone uses that now
>>
>>60790516
>>60790532
Do you mean free data miners?
>>
>>60790593
>just listening on your mic
Not needed any more
https://crypto.stanford.edu/gyrophone/files/gyromic.pdf
>>
>>60790651
neat.. wouldnt be too hard to do either, probably integrate accelerometer for better waveform
>>
>>60790516
You mean more extensive data harvester?
>>
>>60790516
botnets
>>
it's for mentally challanged people who don't know how to do anything by themselves
>>
>>60790516
> why do all the tech companies keep trying to push their assistants on users?
You know why.
>>
i don't know man. i quite enjoy dictating texts to google assistant.
>>
>>60790516
Its the first step to merging with AI and losing your spark of humanity for simple convenience
>>
>>60790516
Assistants have a purpose in hands free modes.

Using your phone for navigation? Just talk to it to find places.
If you're some faggot who needs to set alarms or notifications every day then it can help there too.
>>
>>60790593
>if you installed it yourself you'd see the enormous list of permissions required
Not remotely surprising seeing they can integrate with basically anything.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.