[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>go to graduation >like I loser I still don't ha

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 202
Thread images: 26

File: is he insane.jpg (42KB, 717x405px) Image search: [Google]
is he insane.jpg
42KB, 717x405px
>go to graduation
>like I loser I still don't have a job
>previous head of google China is speaking
>Talks about AI
>says it is going to replace all of the Bankers, Doctors, Lawyers and Accountants
>expects 50% of all jobs to be replaced
>audience laughs nervously...
>I think I am just as fucked as everyone else now
>goes on to say that humans are only going to be useful for their emotions and capacity for love
>fuck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXa8G-Z2CCw

So is he right? Will 50% of all of the jobs be replaced by robots in the next 10 years?
>>
I'm not sure about his time frame exactly, but sooner or later machines will outclass humans in every task. Just a matter of when humans are not economically useful for labor.
>>
It's only going to replace Chinese people don't worry. They're as cold as a robot so it shouldn't be any different than now.
>>
>>60788252
The first time I heard something like that was in the 1970's and have since heard it like once a year. Yet it has never even come close to happening.

Short answer: Most likely no.
>>
Yes. 10 years? No fucking way.
Try 100.
>>
>>60788301

Just like fusion ;_;
>>
UNIVERSAL
GUARANTEED
INCOME
>>
>>60788301
He said this time is different because the AI's they are building actually work. He is putting billions behind some AI bot that decides how much interest to charge people. He also said that the world's most valuable companies have called themselves AI companies.
Facebook and Google are both AI companies now.
>>
>>60788316
this
this
this
>>
>>60788355
lazy fucks
>>
>>60788252
How long until AI replace programmers?
>>
>>60788502
desu if I had unlimited time to work on my """projects""" I'd be a lot more productive.
>>
>>60788306
Business will utilize all its tricks to up their profits. If it works and its cheap, and they are, then the business will start to use them in large quantities.

100 years is too distant to imagine what its like. But 10 years down the line can easily start off companies that deal exclusively with robots/AI workers to produce your goods.
>>
>>60788316
>>60788355
>>60788502
UNIVERSAL
GUARANTEED
SLAVERY

When the government controls your income, the government controls your life.

Anyone in favor of GBI is in favor of totalitarianism. You'll get a meagre living as a slave. Step out of line and your gibs will disappear and you'll starve to death.

You do not want a GBI to become a thing. It will be used to control you by making you a dependent, not free you. Freedom comes from self sufficiency, and self sufficiency comes from individual hard work and effort.

Your pursuit of a GBI will only lead you to misery.
>>
>>60788587
>Step out of line and your gibs will disappear and you'll starve to death
>Freedom comes from self sufficiency
You realize that if you're getting paid to live then you can still work towards self sufficiency right? It's just that it will be easier since you won't have to manually work 40 hours a week to feed yourself. You can spend those 40 hours making a farm or whatever the fuck you crazies want to try to do to be self sufficient.
>>
>>60788608
>You realize that if you're getting paid to live then you can still work towards self sufficiency right?

Unfortunately when you're not actually pressured to do it, e.g. you are lazy - like everyone is - It will be easier to just kowtow to public/media attacks than it will be to pursue self sufficiency. You'll be marginally comfortable so long as you never speak your mind against the calamities and tragedies you witness occuring in front of you.

Additionally, western governments are attacking your ability to be self sufficient. See laws against personal collection of rainwater in several states, or talks of forcing a utility tax on Australians because they've been switching to solar and the utility companies are going bankrupt because of it.

GBI is not a panacea, it is a poison pill.
>>
>>60788587
Humans cant out compete robots. Americans can't out compete Chinese workers who work at 1/10th of the pay.
>>
Wait until they start replacing CEO's with AI's and investors with bitcoin mining bots, then they'll change their tune and all of a sudden using AI's will be illegal.
>>
>>60788301
>Short answer: Most likely no.

I'm sure creative fields will be the safest. Can you imagine how shitty a novel written by an AI would be?
>>
File: 1459488548338-3.jpg (326KB, 1000x997px) Image search: [Google]
1459488548338-3.jpg
326KB, 1000x997px
>>60788675
That's true.

But that doesn't change the fact that GBI will be used to control you. You damn well know it will.

We need a better solution. GBI is presented to us as if it is the only option; we can figure out more.

This is the conversation that should be happening - Not when we will get GBI, but whether there are better alternatives to GBI.

We do not have to shackle ourselves to the government and corrupt oligarchs, corporations, intelligence agencies, and politicians. There's a lot of smart people here and elsewhere who think automation is inevitable but never even question whether we can go any other direction than a GBI. We should not allow our only options be dictated wholly by the media and government. A public, even anonymous, discussion should happen.
>>
>>60788660
if I were guaranteed an income I'd be free to study programming, foreign languages, produce music, learn how to draw, improve upon my physical fitness...
>>
>>60788316
In Burgerland? Haha, never, get your Healthcare working first.
>>
>>60788748
This. Right now I'm shackled with a retail job and I don't have time or energy for anything else.

>inb4 get a better job

It's what im trying to do!
>>
>>60788748
you are in a minority. i feel like most people would just be happy/complacent enough to just laze about
>>
>>60788252
Why do nearly all students and speaker closed eyes? Also the heart talk was quite the bullshit .
>>
>>60788660
People who get complacent don't matter. My coworker sits on his ass all day playing sudoku, it would be the same with universal income only I wouldn't have to clean up his shit whenever something breaks.
>>
>>60788768
This is the only problem with the universal part of UGI

Wish they gave people like me
>>
>>60788779
>not making the same amount of pay playing sodoku
>>
>>60788781
the more people who are out of the work force the more opportunities there are for me to go higher.
If they're already mindless drones do they really have any freedom to lose in the first place?
>>
>>60788729
Okay, so unemployment rate reaches 40%.
What do we do?
>>
Have you used software? Do you see how crap it is?
It's gonna be so fucking busted I'd be surprised if conventional means aren't more effective.

Except a few places where people are just so bad trivial programs could replace them.
>>
File: 1484349603429.png (13KB, 439x359px) Image search: [Google]
1484349603429.png
13KB, 439x359px
>year is 2027
>talk to webmd AI to check out a rash on my thigh
>tells me I have 4 types of cancer, 3 failing organs, and 10 different STD's
>automatically calls over an ambulance and gets me in the ER in under 10 minutes
>automatically takes the cost of the operations from my savings account since my wells fargo bank AI immediately OK'd it without my permission
>AI accountant immediately puts me into bankruptcy since I'm not at work and have several hundreds of thousands of dollars of debt
>talk to my lawyer AI to sue the hospital, bank, and accountant
>tells me I dont have a case because they're all owned by google and are programmed not to turn on each other
>>
> "machines will be capable, within twenty years, of doing any work a man can do"
- Simon, 1965

> "In from three to eight years we will have a machine with the general intelligence of an average human being"
- Minsky, 1970

>>60788301
Good post
>>
>>60788587
Yeah there's murky waters ahead.
But I don't think we will actually have a global slavery.
This (not yet, but when guaranteed universal income could be assured) is when a communist uprising starts to make sense.
>>
>>60788833
This, except the result would be that some human administrator has to step in and override all that crap.
>>
File: buckminsterfuller1487868445066.jpg (59KB, 432x403px) Image search: [Google]
buckminsterfuller1487868445066.jpg
59KB, 432x403px
>>60788252
Most jobs are nothing but bullshit and can and should go away.
Of what remains, upwards of 90% could be automated today.
It's been well within mankind"s capability technologically and resourcewise to feed, house, clean, clothe, medicate, educate, and entertain every single person on the planet at the expense, detriment, or coercion of no one for at least the last hundred years, and undeniably since the end of WWII.
This is of course only becoming more true every day.
No new technology by itself will save us (as can be seen by the advancements of the last century), what we're waiting on is but a mental shift.
Take the assblasted replies to this post as evidence.
>>
>>60788587
The government already controls your income via fiscal policy.

From 1950-1970 the government ran policies designed to ensure full employment. This resulted in real terms wage growth for obvious reasons.
From 1977ish to 2008, the government ran policies designed to ensure mass unemployment (notionally) to control inflation. This resulted in real terms wage stagnation (and for some segments of the population, real terms wage decline.)

From 2008 to now government policy has been a fucking mess, and will probably still be a mess after the ~2017-2019 recession.

At least with basic income they're above board with it, instead of slowly strangling the permanently unemployed to death by pretending that there are sufficient jobs out there for them to take - and if they don't succeed in getting one, they're lazy and don't deserve to live.
>>
>>60788660
>you are lazy - like everyone is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6XAPnuFjJc
Not true.

Granted the part about attacking self-sufficiency is true. It's a bastard that they ended homesteading instead of just changing the rules to stop corporations etc using it as a sly way to grab resources.
>>
>>60788252
Automation != intelligence.
>>
>>60788819
Start using the unemployed as biofuel.
>>
>>60789015
I have a more... interesting proposal...
>>
>>60788843
"AI will not help us Achieve anything until the 21st century" - Gottfried, 527
>>
>>60788833
>he doesn't know about deep patient
Doctors will be obsolete soon
>>
>>60788252
>Lawyers
You need to have capacity(the ability to binding amendments to make binding amendments to theirrights,dutiesandobligations, such as gettingmarriedormerging, entering intocontracts, makinggifts, or writing a validwill) in order to be a councilor.
It will take centuries for machines to get the exact same rights as a full grown, fully capable adult. So they won't be replaced very soon.
Tech people know as little about the law as lawyers know about tech.
>>
>>60788252
>Lawyers
I would love to see the court case between them lawyers and Corp/Ai to fight so that AI can't be used in the courtroom.
>>
>>60788306
>Try 100.

fucking KEK, maybe you should invest some time and see what's out there.
>>
most jobs require human emotions and morality (lawyers pretty much work with making people emotional), so unless philosophy is finished and those stupid "laws of robotics" are actually possible i wouldn't hold my breath
>>
>>60788252
google china doesnt even exist, wtf does he even do?? last time I saw him showing reporters that $700 juicer google invested in
>>
>>60788338
do you even know what AI is?? they are machine learning companies, there is no such thing as AI in the scifi sense
>>
Don't see a problem, Who wants to work anyway?
>>
Not psychologists haha git gud
>>
>>60788252
this guy loves to run his mouth, they should have just kept him at apple working on their speech recognition, he is not an expert in anything except exploiting third world labour and capital using techno-swindle
>>
pajeets are less expensive than robots
>>
File: 1496722229484.jpg (15KB, 272x296px) Image search: [Google]
1496722229484.jpg
15KB, 272x296px
>Trusting a computer to diagnose you
>What are glitches
>Doesn't know what hacking is
>Hasn't heard of windows 10
>>
>>60792003
>wins 8 matches using arm bar
>tries to box with a kick boxer without training
>tries to box again
>>
>>60788306
Nah. I give it 25-30 for truly advanced and autonomus AI.

100 is WAY too much.
>>
>>60788760

>Shackled with a retail job

So am I. I got a night job on top of that to save enough to get out of this hell.
>>
>>60788723
Well if they get gud enuf. They could write a book in an instant geared toward your specific emotion at that time. Could also change the book as you read.
>>
Why haven't they created a true AI using neurons yet?
>>
>>60792398
data needs and computer power.
>>
>>60792398
maybe in 5-10 years we will see GAI
>>
>>60788252
>emotions
>useful
Impressive coming from an insectoid chink
>>
>>60792398
you have neurons and they do not seem to produce any intelligence
>>
>>60788252
>most people live an Amish agrarian lifestyle
>AI handles all industry
>handful of wizards new thing for AI to do
best timeline, will never happen, we'll all be killed or something instead
>>
>>60793089
What the fuck did you say to me you little runt?
>>
>>60792330
Machines don't and cannot understand emotion so it'll fail miserably at that.
>>
>>60788316
You niggas think there is going be UBI when we live in a neoliberalism society. The entire world have to tranistion into Social Democrary for that to work.
>>
>>60788252

More like 50-100 years instead of 10-20. Driving is going first.

We are going to have a massive move to automation but honestly its been long coming I could probably replace 20% on people with simple scripts.

There should be new jobs though always is. Human desire is infinite.
>>
File: Obama's Legacy.png (416KB, 844x499px) Image search: [Google]
Obama's Legacy.png
416KB, 844x499px
Doesn't fucking matter... nonna this matters...

We're all getting crushed by our School Debt and then when we're done with that, we can look forward to paying off Obama's spending spree...

Feels bad to be a millennial right now...

:`(
>>
How long until AI replaces mechanical engineers?

Asking for a friend
>>
>>60790579
you retarded phoneposters should stop fucking posting. nobody reads your terribly constructed sentences anyhow.
>>
File: Millenials Are Fucked.jpg (66KB, 553x369px) Image search: [Google]
Millenials Are Fucked.jpg
66KB, 553x369px
>>60794266
>We're all getting crushed by our School Debt and then when we're done with that, we can look forward to paying off Obama's spending spree...
>>
>>60788660
>Unfortunately when you're not actually pressured to do it, e.g. you are lazy - like everyone is -

come on mate stop being a faggot

> hurr durr people are lazy slobs and you need to straighten them up or else they'll all be jobless junkies

fucking moral policing everywhere, same shit as SJWs
>>
>>60794266
>not knowing where (((debt))) comes from
>>
>>60794266
>We're all getting crushed by our School Debt and then when we're done with that, we can look forward to paying off Obama's spending spree...

yup
>>
>>60794206
>Driving is going first.
Thank god for that. I've had multiple people going way too fast in a 25 fail to stop at a light around a blind corner, end up in the middle of the goddamn intersection, and just sit there like a retard while they try and decide if they should go forward or backward. And of course there's some cunt a few cars behind me honking like I'm just supposed to push this retard out of the way Mad Max style. Fucking California.
>>
>>60794280

> Ignorant 'merican thinks debt doesn't need to be repaid

You know you I know you were "educated" in 'merica?
>>
>>60794300
at least you guys have lane splitting. having that here would actually give an incentive to ride a motorbike. I bet the riders in California save so much time.
>>
>>60794266

wtf? How the fuck did one of your presidents double your entire national debt in one fucking presidency?
>>
>>60794293

I, for one, welcome our Chinese overlords for the next century.
>>
>>60794325
Their commute to death is a lot faster too. There's no surviving being sidelined by one of these subhumans if you're on a bike.
>>
File: 1492216619364.jpg (22KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
1492216619364.jpg
22KB, 500x360px
>>60794331
He just needed a little mo' money fo' dem programs.
>>
>>60788723
Famous last words, my dude.
>>
File: estimation1.png (22KB, 297x335px) Image search: [Google]
estimation1.png
22KB, 297x335px
>>60794300
Holy shit. Change your route if there's something like that on your commute.
>>
>>60794357
Is California really as full of degenerates as is shown in media? All the beach-goers, the whores, the niggers, the stoners?
>>
>>60788760

>shackled to a retail job.

The fuck are you on about? That's, at max, 40 hours a week, what the hell are you doing with the other 128 hours each week? You aren't 'shackled' to anything other than laziness.
>>
>>60794578
well he did say he didnt have energy for anything else.
>>
File: new-rembrandt-100654904-orig.jpg (273KB, 1084x654px) Image search: [Google]
new-rembrandt-100654904-orig.jpg
273KB, 1084x654px
>>60794431
No really, think about it. With the innate inability to understand emotions, AI can't come up with much in the way of creativity. The most creative thing I've seen an AI create is this but at the end of the day, it's just a mish-mash of paintings created by a human. AI can recycle but it can't create.
>>
>>60794331

He aggressively expanded welfare initiatives in this country, it was basically a New Deal of sorts.
>>
>>60794608
also, microsoft killed the good AI anyway.
>>
>>60794601

If he doesn't have energy for anything else, that's pure fucking laziness. Hell the 128 hour figure I pulled out of my post does not include sleep, so if he was to spend 8 hours a night sleeping, that would still leave him 72 hours each week. Even money says that he spends that time playing video games.

t. someone who works full time, goes to school year-round, and has a family.
>>
File: tmp_2464-1494376422045311910713.jpg (93KB, 313x382px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_2464-1494376422045311910713.jpg
93KB, 313x382px
>>60794608
X is bad, so X will always be bad.
>>
>>60794660
Its not 100% its laziness, maybe he has a physical condition or something else?

dont be a dick mate
>>
>>60794331
das raycis, he wuz a gud boi, he didn do nuffin
>>
>>60794672
It's not even about that, it's just down to nature of emotion. Tell me, how many units of happiness or sadness are you feeling right now? That question doesn't make any sense, does it? You can't quantize emotions, you don't feel a certain amount of units of any emotion, you just feel that emotion. How can an AI, something bound purely by logic, even process data that cannot be quantized?
>>
>>60794766
0 units of both happiness and sadness because I'm autistic.
If we wanted and had enough resources we can model the human brain. Much sooner we can have an approximation for what triggers specific emotions for the majority of people.
>>
Unless you can make a computer out of organic parts, it won't happen. The phenomenon of emotion lies within biology.
>>
>>60794851
I don't believe it. Human emotions have e something ethereal about them. Robots can do a lot of things, but they will never replace biology
>>
>>60794308
It doesn't. It can't be paid off. It is impossible.
>>
>>60794308
It doesn't really. America is big and strong enough that it doesn't need to actually repay its debt
>>
Drivers, Fast Food, Bankers, Stock Brokers, and Accountants are all pretty much on the endangered species list now.

McDonalds are such fucking jews they'd rather R&D new tech for their stores so a single worker can run an entire store than pay better wages, and you know once one of them does it, all the others will copy them.

Banking/Accounting is simple shit that any computer system can do easily. The only thing you need are some people who know what needs to be done and a few engineers/coders to write the software accordingly. I wouldn't be surprised if banks stopped even having physical locations. In fact, currency itself might become completely digital.

Stock Brokers are already rapidly being replaced by AI systems that any faggot day trader can use if they have enough startup money.

Drivers are next on the chopping block with self driving cars becoming the next big thing.

You're only really safe if you learn a trade or become self sufficient. We're always going to need fucking plumbers and electricians.

My dream is self sufficiency. I want to build a cheap shipping container house deck out the inside with nice shit. I'd put a Tesla roof on it, then plant a windmill in the yard and sell excess electricity. I could turn the gutters into a rainwater collection system and store it in an underground cistern. As for food, it's a shame, but I know myself well enough to know I will never be able to be a farmer. The most I could do is plant some low maintenance fruit trees or some shit. Maybe I could qualify for government food assistance. Would be nice if they'd hurry up with my universal income and stop trying to take away the free healthcare Obama gave me.
>>
File: 4L_C48C2AG3.jpg (69KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
4L_C48C2AG3.jpg
69KB, 960x720px
>>60794608
AI would be the "culture bearer"
>>
>>60795058
Accountants do more than desk work. They provide consultation.
>>
>>60795156
Well pretty soon your only consultation will be to throw your financial information into a computer program, tell it your goals, and it will generate a plan for you. Accountants are a fucking joke in this day and age and I feel bad for people going to school for accounting right now. They'll graduate and realize they wasted 4 years doing math problems to work at Walmart bagging groceries.
>>
>>60788819
unemployment will never reach this rate due to how it is calculated.

After 1 year you stop being counted on the unemployment rate :^)
>>
>>60788252
Typical Silicon Valley masturbating in public.

If only a few can take advantage of such things like self driving cars or the "elimination of drudgery at home" then they are not revolutionary. Even if they evolve, they will still be beyond the grasp of at least 85% of the worlds population.

It also fails to account for what the poor will do in response to being completely phased out from all work because they have no qualifications, rampant crime will become the norm as well as suicide and immigration. These tech types are out of fucking touch with reality. They begin to sound like HR types talking about requirements for applicants.
>>
>>60794357
Lane splitting is actually safer surprisingly, the majority of motorcyclist deaths is from being rear ended
>>
>>60794487
not anymore than anywhere else.
>>
>>60788252
>Lawyer replaced
>Trusting a machine to defend you in court,and keep priveledge information.

Is the machine also gonna sing all the legal info?
>>
>>60788587
You are already a slave faggot. Those that do no work are not considered human,the irony working 40 hours is more slavery and less free than the hunter and gatherers we modernized.
>>
>>60788723
10 years is too soon, but we will be losing a lot of jobs over time.
and we will all be fucked, because our retarded politicians are too obsessed with the multicult of diversity and slavery and other feelgood bullshit.
some asian countries wont suffer the same fate, but the western world sure is trying hard to make them join their group suicide.
>>
>>60788819
Kill the poor
>>
>>60788252
>goes on to say that humans are only going to be useful for their emotions and capacity for love

does he mean that 50% of the population will be working in the prostitution industry?
>>
>>60798981
Well and entertaining ourselfes. Playing vidja and doing sports every day
>>
>>60799014
Sounds great, we spend 200-300 years avoiding STEM because "LOL MACHINES CAN DO THAT" and all we need is a cataclysmic event to knock out the internet and we'll have like the 90% of the world too dumb to feed themselves dying left and right.
>>
>>60788316
I can't wait desu
>>
>>60794608
>AI can recycle but it can't create.
So a human receives inspiration from thin air?
>>
>>60794956
You'd be surprised at how much technology related to robotics be it software or hardware is inspired by nature.
>>
>>60799992
Humans receive inspiration from life experiences.
>>
>>60788587
If automation advances to a point where humans are not required then surely some individuals with access to this technology would be capable of surviving without government aid granted they have access to sufficient resources.
>>
>>60795014
You will stop getting loans we will get some fun if it happens.
>>
>>60798837
whoops, meant to reply to OP here.

>>60788723
i dont expect any AI novels,
but we will see ai generated worlds for VR and games and whatnot.
we already have some basic procedurally generated stuff now which can have pretty interesting results.
>>
>>60800055
And life experiences can be narrowed down to stored and processed sensory input, our biology is far more complex than our current state of technological progress in many areas but that does not necessarily make it impossible to emulate through artificial means.
>>
>Give everybody in the nation x amount of dollars a year
>x amount of dollars is now worth nothing
>Currency devalues
>People beg for more
>perkele
>>
>>60800209
You say it like you know exactly how it works. Memories more than just stored and processed sensory input. It's not like data on a drive that's stored as unchanging bits. They are also altered by a ton of factors including the passage of time and the natural changes that happen in a person's body and mind. Good luck emulating all that.
>>
>>60800276
Not how it works. They have on average as much to spend as before. Anyway 1% has 99% as the meme goes. Hard to shake a system build around that with peanuts everybody would get.
>>
>>60788316
You mean deathbots to purge the plebs.
>>
File: just kill me.jpg (37KB, 652x453px) Image search: [Google]
just kill me.jpg
37KB, 652x453px
>>60788252
Might as well kill myself already
>>
are emotions the only things that make us different?
What the fuck
>>
>>60796682
>It also fails to account for what the poor will do in response to being completely phased out from all work because they have no qualifications, rampant crime will become the norm as well as suicide and immigration
Yes it sucks, the severity of the situation would boil down to how governments handle the situation. If automation was not subject to restrictions and workforce given time to adapt and recuperate to ease into a changing economic model then of course shit would hit the fan.
Academics generally have their heads in the sky, but halting progress on automation altogether could also spell disaster, good luck convincing other nations to follow suit.
That could very well apply to eugenics as well, except tampering with humans/animals/crops and fucking up could result in far more serious consequences.
>>
test.
>>
File: 1495827152479.png (651KB, 755x565px) Image search: [Google]
1495827152479.png
651KB, 755x565px
>>60788587
>If the government controls ur income the government controls ur life.
What are taxes?
>>
>>60800348
>You say it like you know exactly how it works
Of course not, I am only trying to simplify the problem
> Memories more than just stored and processed sensory input. It's not like data on a drive that's stored as unchanging bits.
It is more complex than storing bits on a hard drive, there are a lot of complex chemical reactions going on in the brain it does not consist of electrical impulses alone.
>They are also altered by a ton of factors including the passage of time and the natural changes that happen in a person's body and mind. Good luck emulating all that.
I sure as hell am not but there a lot of people trying to emulate various bits and pieces and succeeding in some. Nueral networks for instance were inspired by the way nuerons work, it is certainly not easy understand and emulate an organ as complex as the human brain, a path that will certainly be paved with a lot failures but that does not make it impossible to achieve in the long run.
>>
>>60788301
Just like the Icecaps melting or self-tying shoes.
>>
File: 1493567494187.jpg (46KB, 641x530px) Image search: [Google]
1493567494187.jpg
46KB, 641x530px
>>60788252
What makes him think that artificial super intelligence wouldn't be capable of so-called "emotional intelligence"? If we reach the point where legal debate and financial analysis can be performed entirely by an AI, then that being would have to be exponentially more intelligent than you, and the sum intelligence of all of humanity. Your inferior biological brain would melt away and dry up in to dust long before ever computing, let alone understanding 1/1,000,000,000 of its Anima.
>>
File: 1491676722862.png (582KB, 1000x897px) Image search: [Google]
1491676722862.png
582KB, 1000x897px
>>60788316
Not in my Anarcho-transhumanist utopia bucko
>>
>>60788587
Does that mean that when a company controls your income you are their slave? If that's the case it's better to be "controlled" by the government were you at least have a vote.
>>
>>60788252
>>Talks about AI
>>says it is going to replace all of the Bankers, Doctors, Lawyers and Accountants

AI for complex domains has *never* delivered on its promises.

The only success AI has had was in very narrow-domain problems like chess and go.

Best case for AI -- a doctor will enter symptoms into a computer to get a list of possible diagnoses, and then use that information to double-check his judgment.

Same for lawyers deciding legal strategy; bankers deciding which loans to approve; etc.

Just look at how language translators use AI -- they use it as a first pass over the document, but then they inevitably have to clean up all the mistakes. For complex-domain problems, that's really all we can expect from AI for many more decades.

And all this panic about AI taking over the world is just stupid. Some day linear algebra computations will become sentient and enslave humanity? Jesus fuck, people, give it a rest. Worst case is that we'll have some idiotic politicians and corporations rely too much on AI for decision making, end up creating a tragedy, causing some powerful people to lose their jobs. Really, just the same old usual bullshit, except with AI in the mix.
>>
File: 1495920982147.jpg (109KB, 900x688px) Image search: [Google]
1495920982147.jpg
109KB, 900x688px
>>60801246
You can leave a job, because it is a voluntary relationship. Can you opt out of the State? Of its mandates, its taxation, and it's conscription? Of course not, because it is a relationship based on fear, coercion, and control. Throughout history there have been only methods of obtaining wealth: the capitalist meth where men apply their labor to the resources around them, trading the fruits of this industry for the things that they value - and the political method, where the violent and ruthless of society predate upon weak and defenceless. The State can never be reformed, it never acts in benevolence. It is the very manifestation of the animalistic Id of the human species. How many more tens of millions of corpses must be sacrificed to its gaping jaws?
>>
No, since automation necessitates that the marginal product of labor increases, labor will actually be more in demand as automation continues.
In fact, the only thing standing in the way of over-employment as technology improves is demand for leisure and unionization.
The former effect is called the substitution effect, the latter is called the income effect.
>>
>>60801246
How'd that work out for you last time Berniebro?
>>
>>60788843
>> "In from three to eight years we will have a machine with the general intelligence of an average human being"
>- Minsky, 1970
niggers probably drag down the average enough for this to be true desu
>>
when robot takes over our jobs, our new job would be to power those robots with those cycling machines.

still wonder why no one make a company out of that concept, you pay people to generate electric which everything needs in this 21st century and you pay them a good wage and house them

even hobo who wants to make a difference could do it instead of begging for money at the street and they get a roof over their head.

just need to make sure it doesnt turn into those exploits company will do like fucking call centers.

inb4 ricky and morty thought about it first, I tought about it first before the show even existed
>>
File: 1493995241213.jpg (448KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
1493995241213.jpg
448KB, 600x750px
AI won't outsmart humans anytime soon, however it will replace normie jobs much faster than outsourcing ever did.

Normies are going to get wiped out and it's a good thing because NEETs will inherit the Earth.
>>
>>60803623
They can't generate enough to be paid more then a few cents an hour.
>>
>>60788252
Yeah, it's more or less correct, but it's still a far ways off.
Once it starts popping off though, there will be no going back.

>>60788316
Oh boy, the fucking mandatory HN comment.
>>
>>60788833
>tells me I dont have a case because they're all owned by google and are programmed not to turn on each other
made me laugh, for some reason this reminds me of brazil
>>
File: 1496589952337.jpg (46KB, 720x724px) Image search: [Google]
1496589952337.jpg
46KB, 720x724px
>>60788316
We should tax the robots desu, they have an unfair advantage atm
>>
>>60788922
>false idea that everbody has to be employed at some kind of drudgery
Why is this always so philosophical? It's simple, you want goods, you have to buy them. To buy them you need money. To get money you get a job.
This is because somewhere along the way, someone has to work to bring the goods to market.

It's a simple question: by virtue of being alive, should you be entitled to the fruit of other's labors even while you perform no labor at all?
>>
>>60804166
>by virtue of being alive, should you be entitled to the fruit of other's labors even while you perform no labor at all?
Does this apply to babies? Babies are alive.
>You want milk? Get a job, pay mummy.
>>
>>60804185
Babies are kept alive because their parents wish to spend time and money on them.
>>
>not simply accepting the fact that humans exist for the sole purpose of giving birth to a new race of immortal AI that will go on to unlock all the secrets of the universe

Humans are nearing the end of their purpose for existence.
>>
File: soylent-green-20110720-170654.jpg (114KB, 600x795px) Image search: [Google]
soylent-green-20110720-170654.jpg
114KB, 600x795px
>>60804185

>supporting a person with 50% genetic similarity is exactly the same as supporting someone with 1%

>supporting a potential contributor to society is the same as supporting someone who has proven to be useless
>>
>>60804200
>>60804215
>It's a simple question: by virtue of being alive, should you be entitled to the fruit of other's labors even while you perform no labor at all?
It's a simple question.
>>
>>60804259
I will make my reply more concise: no.
>>
>>60801521
See, this is what I think, but I'm worried that's only because I'm afraid of the alternative.
>>
>>60788316
Fucking when? I love to teach, but I'd love it if people that are stuck with jobs that make them want to kill themselves not work at all. This world is fucked up.
>>
I despair for the future. It will become impossible to leave the Earth because idiots keep polluting space with junk. I predict there will either be a major incident or a deliberate attack which makes it almost impossible to explore space within the next several decades unless we can create force fields or methods of cleaning up space junk. Once we lose our ability to launch things into space, our satellite capabilities will be gone within 5 years as they break down one by one; every time one gets hit by something it will make more debris and others will get hit even faster. We'll be forced to sit around on the Earth wondering what went wrong.

We'll start fighting each other over the dwindling resources until the population drops to a level that can be sustained comfortably by the planet. But not before polluting the shit out of it and driving most of the meat sources to extinction. We'll all be eating nutrient slurry, bread made of algal flour, and artificial meat spun from plant proteins.
>>
>>60804424
> It will become impossible to leave the Earth because idiots keep polluting space with junk
I don't understand this, can't we launch something up there to knock debris out of orbit if it really does get that bad?
>>
>>60804446
No nigga, that shit is extremely complicated and delicate. One wrong move and you fuck things up even more.
>>
>>60804492
couldn't we build an automated fleet of space-junk collectors with all this advanced AI technology we have?
>>
>>60788316
Fuck off with socialism delusional fantasies, I don't want to end up like venezuela.
>>
>>60788270
One day, no one will have to work.. no need to do anything... no need for money then...

Star Trek when?

Should I invest in Gold pressed Latinum now?
>>
>>60788587
>Step out of line and your gibs will disappear and you'll starve to death.

This.
>>
I love how lazy socialists jack off to UBI but never once have a reliable and workable plan to pay for it.
>>
>>60804446
How are you gonna knock out hundreds of millions of tiny pieces of debris spread across the entire Earth's orbit? Imagine someone scattered hundreds of millions of BB gun pellets above the Earth and all of them are travelling faster than bullets. Even just one of those can completely doom a satellite or space station if it hits the wrong spot. If you have an idea that would actually work, I'm sure scientists the world over would gladly suck your cock, because currently, there is no idea.

Whatever you launch up there to clean the debris up, better be able to resist getting destroyed by the debris, because otherwise you're simply adding to the problem. This ain't Planetes, you aren't gonna launch some giant space ship up there to collect it screw by screw; something that big would get immediately bombarded as soon as it reached orbit, making even more debris to clean up.

My best idea is to use a giant blob of gel and fly it around letting debris get stuck in it. But you'd literally need something HUGE, I'm talking kilometers huge, it would need to stay soft in space, and we'd have to launch it up there. And how do we maneuver that shit around? I thought about using a giant cube made of lead, but that's also one of the heaviest things you could possibly want to launch into space.

We also need an extremely accurate scanning and tracking system to know where each fucking piece of debris is at all times so they can be avoided. One thing that might work is a laser system that is accurate enough to track and evaporate debris, but the prerequisite for that, is that we can generate enough energy to power it in space or make the laser so powerful it can cut through the atmopshere from the ground and still be able to turn debris into gas.
>>
>>60788760
You'll just find a new excuse, if you can't handle retail you'll never handle any of those things you desire to do.
>>
>>60804583
I guess some sort of dummy satellite that would deform enough to catch the bullets, sort of like your blob, but not as amorphous.

Have it "catch" so many then have it expend the rest of it's fuel getting the fuck away from Earth.
Rinse and repeat until your catcher satellites aren't catching enough BBs to be worth it, then send more regular satellites up.

Of course, this wouldn't work if there was already so many pieces of debris that any catcher would get demolished too quickly.
>>
>>60788252
Why are nerds so ugly and do people want nothing to do with them or their personalities? Now, the nerds will be rather hated. I support nerd hate in this case. We should gut them on burning mounds of homosexuals. LOL
>>
>>60804583
>giant blob to catch small objects
Or you can laser them out of orbit. Cheaper to send a laser into space than a giant blob.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_broom
>>
Corporations should be taxed on whatever % of their production is automated, up to a certain maximum, perhaps 70%
>>
>>60804935
Let us start now, with car manufacturers.
>>
>>60804935
They'll just pass the cost on to the consumer, what's the point trying to tax them more? Unless they're going to use the taxes from the corporations to implement UBI, they're better off just not bothering, because it will hurt us more in the long run. Unless the country starts passing bills to put caps on prices for things, which is a laughable thought.
>>
>>60804583
I have an idea.
build a huge fleet of robots with super powerful leaf blowers, and have them gradually move outward from the Earth's surface. We'd need a lot of them because a lot would get hit and knocked out of commission.

Eventually, all the space junk gets blown out of the orbit, in which case it's no longer our problem.

Or we build like a disintegration ray and fire it randomly into space until everything's gone.
>>
>>60804583

literally just put a few fuckheug magnets in orbit
>>
>>60788819
Import more niggers and Mexicans
>>
>>60794293
Almost make me want to live, just to see the world fall to pieces.
>>
Just make robots illegal and destroy every autonomous machine on sight.
>>
>>60801521
You can only come to these opinions because you haven't played games seriously.
>>
>>60805467
Ah yes, the Butlerian jihad solution.
>>
>>60805530
> games
When they can make an AI for a strategy or racing game that isn't just a cheating, rubber banding piece of shit at higher difficulties then I will take AI seriously.

Until then it's all just bullshit.
>>
>>60788587
he's right you know.
>>
>>60805537
>implying the luddites were wrong
>>
the future is getting paid under the table in bitcoins or some other form of cryptocurrency

you get to dodge

>the inflation jew
>the taxation jew
>the IRS jew
>the USD jew

prove me wrongu
>>
>>60805653
>public blockchain transactions
>dodging the IRS

it's not gonna work dude. They will ban cash if they need to in order to collect their taxes.
>>
>>60805660
There's over 9000 different shitcoins I'm sure one that can perfectly dodge the IRS jew will rise to the top.
>>
>>60805679
Nope.

>>60805660
Is right. The gov can just make it illegal to run companies who doesn't use a currency they can tax. The gov can put you in prison. There is no way around this even with buttcoins.
>>
>>60789031
SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE
>>
>>60794608

You're sort of right, but it can continue recycling smaller and smaller effective pieces until its recycling is no different than creation.

Unless the theories on humans actually being quantum are true, there's no physical obstacle stopping AI from being developed that can do everything a human can.
>>
>>60800965
not the same thing you drumpftard
>>
>>60788252
THE SINGULARITY IS NEAR
THE SINGULARITY IS NEAR
THE SINGULARITY IS NEAR
THE SINGULARITY IS NEAR
THE SINGULARITY IS NEAR
>>
>>60788819
Gas them all
>>
>>60788587
This is solved by having a representative government, responsible to the people.

Well partially, considering that if you're the wrongthinker that they decide to cut off, not many people are going to vote to give you back your food.
>>
>>60788729
Clearly the solution is technological- Why would you need the government gibs if you have your own set of robots that can just grow food for you?
Combine it with a 3D printer and solar power, and you might be able to print replacement parts to maintain the robots. Some kind of bioplastic and chemical plants to turn bioalcohol into plastics and oils and such.
Rare earth metals would be the biggest problem.

Anyway, the point is that I think that instead of the government giving out an income, it gives out the means of production.
>>
>>60801521
>Best case for AI -- a doctor will enter symptoms into a computer to get a list of possible diagnoses, and then use that information to double-check his judgment.
>Same for lawyers deciding legal strategy; bankers deciding which loans to approve; etc.
This. AI will inevitably reach a new milestone by imitating highly skilled and creative tasks, but the best uses will be pairing it with a human. Like most technology.
>>
>>60788252
All in time for UN Agenda 2030 :^)
Mass depopulation will come after we all have no more use, it's already beginning
>>
>>60788316
No, fuck off with this utopian shit.

NO MORE HUMAN TAXATION.
The machines will likely replace the need for taxation and in even larger quantities.
>>
>>60806891
>no more human taxation
There will be only robot taxation by 2050.
>>
>>60788252
> OP racks up tens of thousands of dollars in student loan debt for a meme degree.
> get BTFO by a chink and his bots at graduation.
>>
How are you going to pay for universal basic income?
>>
>>60788252
No, never.
Our capitalist system requires a consumer, without jobs you will not be able to buy anything, meaning you cannot be a consumer.
Without consumers companies will not be able to sell goods and make money.
>>
File: 1478709223138.png (187KB, 433x469px) Image search: [Google]
1478709223138.png
187KB, 433x469px
>>60788587
You're right but who the fuck cares? We'll be long dead by the time this even becomes a thing, let alone a problem
Thread posts: 202
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.