[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Feel free to tell me to fuck off, but I don't know many

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Feel free to tell me to fuck off, but I don't know many people who can help me with this.

My internet is everything but stable - let alone reliable.

>If trying to torrent, speeds will go up and down like this: 150Kb/s, 490Kb/s, 930Kb/s, 1.8MB/s, 640Kb/s, 230Kb/s, nil. Stops there for like 20 seconds. Repeat.

I know it could be easy to assume it's the torrent I am downloading, or the client, or the ports... but then I close everything, go on my browser, and the same happens.

>Click on Youtube, the thing is spinning as if loading and stays like that for ages. Nothing. Click refresh. Nothing. Try again, et voila, it loads really fast. Switching the wifi off and back on will also do the trick.

This happens when another girl living in the house is in, but she's not savvy enough to be doing anything. I mean, she once unplugged the xbox in the living (which was switched off) thinking that was why the TV signal was poor...
>>
Fuck off
>>
Fuck off
>>
install gentoo
>>
Who is the girl living in the house?
>>
>>60778139
What channel is the wifi running? Are you in an apartment- you may have a lot of collisions. If possible, run dual band and move further away from other signals.

Is the AP near a microwave or other possible source of interference? Do you get this problem on Ethernet?
>>
Fuck off AND install Gentoo.
>>
>>60778253
Thanks for not telling me to fuck off.

Channel is on auto, which I assumed would be the best option.

There are a lot of wifi networks though, about 15 minimum.

I had no idea about dual band, but I am looking into it. I don't know if my router supports it though, it's one of the latest from Virgin Media.
>>
you live in a hunted place m9, better leave while you can
>>
Fuck off you turbo retarded motherfucker. Kids with down syndrome have more intellect than you.
>>
>>60778139
>but she's not savvy enough to be doing anything.
Why do you assume it's intentional? She could just be choking the network with Netflix or something?
>>
>>60778139
Came here just to tell you to fuck off.
fuck off.

also what do you mean when another girl is living there? Does it only happen when she is actully there and it works fine when she is away?
If so her laptop or phone is part of a botnet being used for ddos or she just has really shitty drivers.
Either way, uninstall her wifi drivers.
>>
Use wired Ethernet and never fight unreliable WiFi or bandwidth issues again
>>
>>60778348
Not that gut but has he said do some troubleshooting.
First use the wired lan to see if the problem is the WiFi, if so it is most likely interference so try to move your router or change channel.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.