[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'll admit I have no idea what I'm doing, but assume

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: index.png (3KB, 151x151px) Image search: [Google]
index.png
3KB, 151x151px
I'll admit I have no idea what I'm doing, but assume I have $500 in Best Buy gift cards so have to buy from them. If I wanted a computer I could use to see what kind of games I like, because the one I have now is terrible, any recommendations? I have a decent monitor. Should I bother trying to build from the stuff they have or just get an off the shelf $500 desktop? (I know I could do a lot better with $500 elsewhere, but all I have are the cards, not cash.)
>>
>>60772071
buy the 8TB WD externals, they are $180 and come with a WD Red inside that normally costs $220+

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4Ew2FbKrI32NC1STWowS1NJLVU/view
>>
$500 isn't going to get you a overpriced pre-built at that store
>>
>>60772071
buy whatever shit tier consumer touchscreen 2 in 1 laptop they sell that's closest to $500. Bring it home and don't open it, sell it on ebay as new in box. Might have to take a $20-$40 loss but it's worth it because best buy sells absolutely NO quality laptops.

Then get a used x250. Install gentoo.
>>
>>60772191
He can just sell the cards.
>>
>>60772071
Post Speccy of your current build.
>>
>>60772191
Thanks but not looking for a laptop, just a desktop. Do they even sell the parts to make anything decent? If I sell the cards or otherwise try to convert to cash I'm losing whatever I gain in buying power elsewhere, or at least that's what I'd guessed.
>>
>>60772204
no one's going to buy best buy giftcards, not even plebs

>>60772222
you're best off just cashing out the cards. Maybe you can score a nintendo switch and sell it off for a profit.

Sure they sell some parts but they're over priced as shit, especially SSDs.
>>
>>60772220
Stupid ASUS laptop that is about 2 years old, was given to me by my work so couldn't complain.

i5 2.3 GHz with 6 GB RAM and obviously no decent video inside.
>>
>>60772250

Fair enough, was just hoping they weren't totally worthless to me. Thanks.
>>
>>60772071
You can trade that gift card for like an amazon card.
>>
The HP X250 isn't atrocious, it will have Intel 620 graphics and be portable, with potato sceen resolution. If you don't need/want a laptop, I'd drop $160 for a GeForce 1050 Ti card, $380 for a refurbished HP Pavilion w/ 8GB / 4 core 6th Gen I5. A little overbudget, but you'll be able to play modern games.
>>
>>60772270
Their prebuilts all look to be a joke. You can get better for cheaper elsewhere.

Is $500 all you have? If it isn't you could at least get a start with an i5 7600k and 1TB WD Blue which are spot-on in price.

You can try pricematching other components, though their PSU and case selection don't really look to be worth trying there.

These seem to be in line with before-rebate prices elsewhere:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/pny-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-3gb-gddr5-pci-express-3-0-graphics-card-black/5656036.p?skuId=5656036

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/evga-superclocked-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-6gb-gddr5-pci-express-3-0-graphics-card/5507456.p?skuId=5507456
>>
>>60772705
CANCEL THAT DELETE DELETE DELETE
Why the fuck does it say 6th generation for a fucking i5 650?
>>
>>60772071
Are you in Canada or USA?
>>
You can always just put the $500 towards something else you might want, or you can buy a console or something.
>>
>>60773379
US
>>
>>60773420
They have access to tons of shit online. Did you know that you can buy protein powder on BB.com?

By a new vacuum or something else like that.
>>
The only thing worth buying at Best Buy are their open box products. Got my current 55" samsung 4k for 400, as opposed to 800 (600 on sale). The box said there was a scratch on the screen, and I know where it is, but it is invisible when the TV is actually on.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.