[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Personal site: should I use my real name or a pseudo-name that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 1495000804166.jpg (320KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1495000804166.jpg
320KB, 1080x1080px
Personal site: should I use my real name or a pseudo-name that I'm okay linking to my real name?

Publishing all my projects under my real name directly feels pajeet-like but a real name in the domain looks better on a resume. I'm big on opsec so the idea of linking something to my real name is insanely off putting.

I'm thinking of having my real name domain be an email box and redirect to my pseudo-name where I can post projects and stuff. That way personal information stays offline, only my real name gets linked to the pseudo-name.
>>
File: 1473189337828.jpg (56KB, 985x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1473189337828.jpg
56KB, 985x1000px
KOT
>>
File: 1495584576625.jpg (102KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1495584576625.jpg
102KB, 750x750px
>>60769971
>>
File: 1467571025970.jpg (124KB, 800x714px) Image search: [Google]
1467571025970.jpg
124KB, 800x714px
>>60770723
>>
gotta keep your worlds separated nothing worse than worlds colliding

create a separate persona with your "real" name for "real" life things and use your handle for normal interactions. make sure nothing can tie the two together. register using a domain privacy proxy, use separate emails, separate accounts, the works. if anyone suspects anything deny, deny, deny

daily reminder that solid persec is mandatory in 2017
>>
>>60770788
stop making me feel worthless

how do i into git gud
>>
>>60770810
> how do i into git gud
by sucking less
>>
>>60769046
Put "xyz" studios or "123" suite or something like that. Funny you ask this, same things been on my mind for the same reasons.

I think having simply oneself as the front for whatever one does is limiting incase whatever you do potentially grows into something greater in the future.
>>
>>60770788
I use dozens of identities for different purposes, but when it comes to getting paid in legal tender, I can only use the real one. So I'm publishing my projects under an identity I can safely connect to my real identity. So I should fit in with most people, who have their real name and a generic username they use everywhere. Except I actually know what I'm doing.
>>
>>60769046

I don't have any real advice, just a "me too", kinda. I want to be able to put my writing on the same site as my programming projects, and perhaps use the latter as a portfolio. But, like any sane person, my writing would not be well received in a hyper-triggered environment of $CURRENT_YEAR tech industry, and I don't want to be denied work or witchhunted by a bunch of bluehaired tumblr whales with gauges.

It's ego that makes me want to have my code and writing in the same place. To have a kind of one-stop-shop for my "accomplishments", as it were. But if I want to avoid witchhunting, I need to remain pseudonymous. If I want to use my code portfolio, it has to be linked to my real identity.

I also don't want to have to maintain two different servers and domains. Pain in the ass.
>>
>>60771583
I'd use a pseudonym for your writings, and if they became something great, you could come out as the author. Otherwise, the name takes all the blame.

I use multiple domains on the same server but they share an IP. While I set it up so connecting with the IP puts you on an empty page connected to no site, there are tools to search all the sites connected to an IP. So not a good solution. Here's hoping for an anonymous internet to take over in our time.
>>
>>60771648

Your advice is probably the best course of action.

Yeah, I wouldn't set up DNS A records for 2 domains pointing to the same IP. I'm pretty sure

dig -x

exposes that in as long as it takes to query a DNS server.
>>
>>60769046
>>60769971
>>60770723
>>60770748
Why is blini kot so goregous
>>
im in the same boat op

netpen/opsec guy too

not sure if i want to build the digital reputation (which could lead to you being a target with less privacy)

imagine hacking someone like mcafee (even tho hes a normie)

that gives someone alot of street cred and creates motive for such events
>>
>>60772456

This is one of the reasons it would be nice to be able to move to buying and selling with anonymous cryptocurrencies.

>dr. pavel, i'm netpen. gif freelance contract plox
>how do i know it's you?
>[sign message with gpg]
>okay, here's contract and an advance in anonymous cryptocurrency, minus standard tax (gov't protection racket gotta get paid)
>[do work]
>[pay bills with cryptocurrency]

I wanna habeeb this can happen.
>>
do you want a job or do you want to hang out with retards from 4chan? use your real name
>>
>>60772565
I wanna make cool shit and be able to feed myself. Getting a job sucks because you do the shit work someone else doesn't want to do for them, and you compete for the opportunity. With retards on 4chan I can make fun stuff and fun stuff is what contributes to society.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.