[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk about file shredders, /g/entleman. My GF needed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

Let's talk about file shredders, /g/entleman.

My GF needed to grab an uber and her new bank account doesn't have a credit card yet. I scanned my own, sent the pic to her through mega and then erased the file from my account.

To be extra careful, I downloaded a file shredder (eraser, in this case) and used it to erase the scanned pictures from my computer.

How trustworthy are data shredders in this situation? I read a few reviews where common file retrieval tools couldn't find anything on the files erased by such software, but AFAIK those could be paid reviews
>>
why didnt you pick her up?
>>
Why do people even give a fuck about their CC info?

You aren't liable for fraud and you can cancel anytime
>>
>>60767158
>not using encryption
>>
>>60767158
Let's talk about paranoid shithead OPs instead.
>>
>using mega
>>
>>60767158
>letting a mudskin drive your gf around
Try running a life eraser instead
>>
You didn't erase it from her device tho
She's gonna steal your money
>>
>>60767658
Kek
>>
>paying for a car ride you didn't even get to enjoy yourself
Remind me again why people want girlfriends?
>>
>>60767727
>Remind me again why people want girlfriends?
t.virgin
>>
>>60767158
The file is still in the cloud, what good is it "shredding" it from your computer?
>>
>>60767678
In the end she got her mom's credit card info through the phone, I never sent mine to her
>>60767536
Rush hour traffic means it'd take me as much time just to get to her work as it took for her to get home
>>60767630
I have nothing of use on my PC besides the occasional torrent and some University papers. My cellphone is encrypted with first and third party tools though (and no, I don't use a four number pin like an idiot)
>>60767616
My CC has a limit of 5 digits, I don't want the hassle of trying to prove it wasn't me who bought an used car at the local dealership
>>
>>60767779
The file isn't in my mega account anymore, and that is protected through a very decent password and linked to an email account that uses 2 step verification for logins. How easy is it to retrieve from there once it's been erased from the account? I honestly have no idea
>>
>>60767651
What is a more secure tool for sending encrypted files to someone who isn't tech savvy? I intended on using mega on this instance because my gf knows very little about computers and was on her phone, with no computer nearby
>>
>>60767884

>believing websites actually delete data when you press delete
>>
>>60768705
I know they don't, but since the file is only accessible as unencrypted from my account and it's gone from said account... How likely is someone being able to access and unencrypt it?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.