[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yeah, if you coin miners could stop buying all of the RX cards,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: Radeon-RX-580.jpg (510KB, 2580x1684px) Image search: [Google]
Radeon-RX-580.jpg
510KB, 2580x1684px
Yeah, if you coin miners could stop buying all of the RX cards, that'd be grrreaaaat.
>>
xD
>>
Why are coin miners buying these cards specifically?
>>
>>60763976
raw performance
>>
Snagged myself an rx480 strix because all the reference cards are gone. I'm a little pissed
>>
>>60763976
See
>>60763985

And, apparently, cards/hardware dedicated to coin mining aren't adaptable to the latest algorithms or something along those lines, so miners went back to buying GPUs in the mean time.
Fucking pricks.
>>
>>60764066
We've been buying GPUs for mining since the beginning of the decade. It's nothing new, mate.
>>
>>60763957
ill sell you my fury
>>
>>60763976
amd cards have stupidly insane floating point performance. something nvidia likes to keep locked down until Titan and over.
>>
>>60763957
Nope. Just nabbed a dozen of them.
>>
Here's what I really don't get about the whole cryptofaggotry thing. If a big company, org or govt. decided to put one of their supercomputers, or more than one of them, on the task of cryptomining, they'd have most the blockchain mined out in a week. So really, if cryptocurrency ever really takes off, it would only take a short amt of time for it to get completely ruined.

Think your 8 RX 580's have a high hashrate? Try throwing a couple dozen petaflops at the task. Oops, suddenly they have ALL the coins, and you have none. RIP.
>>
>RMA R9 390
>receive RX 480
What do? I have a perfectly good 280 as a backup card, should I just sell the 480?
>>
>>60764789
flash it to a 580
>>
>>60764861
Yeah but they'd certianly have more coins than anyone else would individually. Especially if they got in early.
>>
>>60763957
Don't worry, AMD ranked up their production.

It was all bought by Apple, including the first Vega shipments.
>>
>>60764639
Probs bought all in Bit....Fucking Cunt.
>>
>>60764360
Only the 1st Titan had good floating-point performance, everything else has had to half precision and double precision beaten out by even the worst AMD GPU they produce.
>>
>>60764789
You'd likely just get MSRP back for it, if you're okay with that and don't want to use it as a GPU go for it, you can likely pick one up or pick a different card up later on in the year when the crypto minors get their ASICs back
>>
>>60763957
Yeah, I ended up picking up a 1060 6gb instead of a 570. Oh well, at it was around the same price and at least I can run TensorFlow gpu
>>
>>60765077
>bought all in Bit
more like bringing in all that bit
>>
>card I bought a few months ago is going for $100 more

should I sell my gtr BLACKED edition?
>>
>>60765140
lies, you can get like 300+ for the card in a buy it now listing, probably higher if you auction it. should have cost you around 200.
>>
>having brand loyalty

instead of being a faggot queer fanboy just get a 1060. they're in stock pretty much everywhere right now.
>>
Thanks to coin miners I sold my 7970 for 140€ on ebay lol

6 months ago or so the thing was barely worth €50
>>
1060 is generally faster than a 480. Wrong me prove.
>>
File: radeon 580.png (315KB, 1020x429px) Image search: [Google]
radeon 580.png
315KB, 1020x429px
>>60765012
can be bought right now :^P
>>
>>60765287
christ, want to sell my card but would be stuck with a shitty 8400 i got for basically free thanks to a rebate i still have to send.
not sure what i would get when the money cleared. probably pay a bit more and spring for a 1080 depending on sales. don't like selling on ebay though.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.