[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What can cause a psu to reset itself? I bought a new superflower

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

What can cause a psu to reset itself?
I bought a new superflower psu and it will reset itself randomly under gpu load.
Gpu is a 1070 and mobo is an asus170i.
Its not temps, and its not the psu.
Gimme some possible answers cos this is driving me nuts
>>
>intel

there's your problem buy AMD Ryzen instead
>>
>>60756117
So youre saying the mobo is shit
By what mechanism would it trip under load
>>
>>60756126

idk, check your temps while gaymen or running prime95

do you have older components at home? Try different PSU and see if the problem persists. Also make sure that all cables are connected
>>
>>60756146
Other psus have the same problem
Its not temps they dont get above 45c
>>
>>60756087
>What can cause a psu to reset itself?
>and its not the psu.
and how did you come up with that conclusion?
>>
>>60756293
I swapped it out
>>
>>60756087
Chances are there is some wrong options enabled in the BIOS. It may be temperature as well but i can't say for sure.
>>
>>60756087
short circuit somewhere.

see if u can find another psu to test and see if it resets then.
>>
>>60756087
>and mobo is an asus170i
found the problem.
>>
>>60756087
>fell for the superflower meme
>>
>>60757056
already did
>>60757041
components run no hotter than 45c
>>60757069
go on, what would be the problem
>>
>>60756087
How do you know it isn't the temps? Did you check the temperature of the PSU yourself?
>>
>>60757416
i sent them in to the distributor to get tested, all other compenents i used the usual software gauges
>>
>>60756087
Well, does that PSU support the fluffy power state saving features of the newer cards ?
If it doesn't disable it on the bios or else god knows what the shit happens.
>>
You sure your psu is actually man enough for you needs? SuperFlower's leadex gold series are some of the best money can buy so it is unlikely that it is a case of a shitty psu - maybe you didn't get one that provides enough power? An unlikely - but possible - scenario.

t. someone who has run a 1200mhz 290x and a 4.7ghz 8320 off a 750w superflower psu.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.