[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Clearly Microshit's last great operating system. Who agrees?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: pro_2.gif (48KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
pro_2.gif
48KB, 1024x768px
Clearly Microshit's last great operating system.

Who agrees?
>Protip
You can't disagree.
>>
Windows 10 is their best OS hands down
>>
>>60753358
Hi Satya Nadella
Have you poo'd in the loo today?
>>
>>60753349

It was only 'great' because we had finally gotten off the rotton shitheap that was Windows 9x and finally had gotten to the NT kernel. It was fucking amazing but only because the years before had been a repeated punch in the gut every day we had to put up with 9x's shit.

It was fun.
>>
>>60753349
Windows was never a great operating system.
>>
File: road common.jpg (4KB, 300x57px) Image search: [Google]
road common.jpg
4KB, 300x57px
>>60753378

No sir, tank you for remindations.
CAPTCHA related sir.
>>
>>60753349
win98 had nicer icons
>>
>>60753349
I agree 100%
i am the guy who yesterday powerranked Win2k into the olympus of OSes
>>
>>60753349
2K was nice but always took very long to start up for some reason.
Server was even worse, I remember a fresh install of a domain controller on a fast (at the time) PIII-933 and a 10k SCSI drive taking 15 minutes from power on to login prompt.
>>
2000 was a pile of shit "turn it off then on again" os
>>
>>60753349
Install it and use the internet if it's so great. :^)
>>
File: ian.png (245KB, 550x600px) Image search: [Google]
ian.png
245KB, 550x600px
Frankly, Windows has always been kinda shit.
I think the biggest bummer about it these days is just how fragmented the whole experience feels. Since switching to Linux, when I use Windows I feel like I'm being bombarded with all this bullshit that it wants me to pay attention to.
Also, it's fucking ridiculous that on Windows you let software install and uninstall itself. What if the uninstaller fails? Then I have to go clean out files and figure out what registry keys it touched? Fuck that. Both Linux and macOS do it better, with package managers and whatever macOS's deal is called. Windows is just so beholden to backwards compatibility that they still do it in that backwards way.
>>
> best OS
> no drivers for most hardware
>>
2000 was a nice release, lean and fixed the worst sins of NT4 and 98. XP was bullshit nagware.
>>
>>60753349
I 100% agree. Windows 10 is also good.
>>
>>60753396
window 95's top tier UI + NT + plug and play support with a comfy new icon/colour theme
i was the best of everything microsoft had, and nothing unneccesary on top
>>
>>60753765
>Then I have to go clean out files and figure out what registry keys it touched?
Every reliable programmer has an install.log implemented.
That's how you manage to uninstall AV when it blocks your pc from booting.
>>
>>60753349
Yes. A stable OS with a consistent UI (not a clusterfuck with 4 different interfaces like W10), no bloatware and your computer was YOUR COMPUTER, not something dependent of a "cloud" and calling-home all the time.

I miss those pre-cloud-buzz times.
>>
>>60753349
>Dualbooting Windows with Windows
meta of cuckoldry
>>
>>60753349
Windows 95 was comfy
>>
>>60753349
>MS
>great
>>
>using ms operating system
install gentoo
>>
>>60753349

I liked Windows XP more...

Its UX wasn't this pretentious as fuck.

It was simple, easy to read, plain on the looks, and had some nice tidbits. Its sounds were very easy to understand, quite lightweight resources for current hardware and its options were better distributed.

It's like it was designed for a desktop, and not for like, the hipster's next shit device.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.