[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So why don't most of you use Windows again? Malware? Spying?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1484974198465.jpg (36KB, 314x403px) Image search: [Google]
1484974198465.jpg
36KB, 314x403px
So why don't most of you use Windows again?
Malware?
Spying?
Being noob friendly?

In the 1/4th the time it would take to configure Ubuntu/Arch to work properly with most hardware you could easily download a couple of tools on Windows to fix all of the privacy issues.
>BUT IT SHOULDNT BE THERE TO BEGIN WITH HURRR
Yeah and Unity shouldn't be included with Ubuntu either but people still put up with it

What's your excuse /g/? Can't you just do your work under Windows without being 500% autistic? Only reason to use Linux is on a server and that is a fact.
>inb4 SHILL
I am just a normal person shitposting in this linux echochamber ruining your false reality
>>
>>60748183
Who cares. Use what you like.
>>
>>60748183
>inb4 malware problems
Use common sense, you guys are supposed to be intellectually superior to "mactoddlers" and "windblows" right?
>>
>>60748183
Jesus that photo gets more and more unsettling the longer I look at it.
>>
>>60748183
/g/ and 4chan in general is filled with people who have superiority complexes. If they can do something which will make them think they're better than others for doing it, no matter how insignificant or irrelevant it is, they'll do it.
>>
>>60748233
>when your dawg drops by
>>
>>60748211
But windows 10 is full of malware anon.
>>
>>60748183
You seem to care a lot about this. Why aren't you doing normal person activities instead of posting on an image board? With your obvious employment status and trouble-free nature of the OS you use, you should be having sex right now, or doing some family function or out with friends.
>>
>>60748183
• I'm more comfortable on Linux
• It has better performance
• Doesn't come bundled with all this weird shit I don't care about
• Yes, you're right, every server runs Linux so you're more at home as a developer
• It's so much fucking work to do anything on Windows
• Windows is largely being phased out anywhere important, you should learn Linux programming so you can write real programs in future
>>
>>60750668
also, I have no idea how Windows works largely, so it's really hard to tell if I have some kind of malware or something
on Linux I can spot bad programs from a mile away
I reckon every windows box ever has at least a few deep rooted viruses
>>
>>60748183
>you could easily download a couple of tools on Windows to fix all of the privacy issues
Oh nice, please share with us the entire Windows 10 source code so we can disable the spying.

Wait what? do you trust a closed source OS to stop spying on you after clicking some buttons? or third party tools that are also closed source and can stop W10 telemetry on Linux distros? okay.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.