[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

at my work there is an ethernet outlet in the room right next

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: 6552b-front.png (66KB, 540x305px) Image search: [Google]
6552b-front.png
66KB, 540x305px
at my work there is an ethernet outlet in the room right next to me, i have no access to wireless internet so i'd like to connect through that ethernet without a wire, is this possible?
>>
forgot to mention i have a laptop i'm trying to connect it to, is there a wireless adapter for both ends?
>>
I'm the IT guy. You're fucked.
>>
>>60746926
there is a wireless guest account but i get zero connection, think i need an account and password or some shit. what are my options here senpai
>>
>>60746704
Unless that shit has PoE you can't do it passively.
>>
>>60746704
Dude fuck off, this is a fucking 12 year old tier question you could easily google. Fucking kill yourself. Saged.
>>
File: MousePad.jpg (64KB, 425x755px) Image search: [Google]
MousePad.jpg
64KB, 425x755px
>>60746975
you need a nap
>>
>>60746956
You can go get fired
>>
>>60746957
>Unless that shit has PoE you can't do it passively
how can i be sure?
>>
>>60746991
Go ahead and plug in. I bet they have port security that will lock the interface when you connect a foreign device, and they'll know it was you. Retard.
>>
>>60747005
how can using company internet get me fired?
>>60747023
how would they be able to trace it to me? not like they can remotely control my computer or trace it back to me if device name is all they get right?
>>
>>60747013
Fastest way is to check with your IT.
>>
>>60747116
i have talked to IT guys about getting wifi they were really chill about it and said that it requires a "personal" account and they'll look into it for me. it's been a few months i wont wait, so if i cask em if them about ethernet having PoE what accessory would i need to link it with my laptop?
>>
>>60747047
You're too stupid for /g/
>>
>>60747212
>You're too stupid for /g/
that's why i come to ask you intelligent people a few questions before i leave
>>
>>60747047
>How can they trace me?
MAC address of your network card, at minimum. They'll know it's you as soon as you plugin in the cable.

Are you trying to connect illegally or what? Why can't you just use the wifi?
>>
>>60747272
i don't think IT guys would care or make a big deal, the wifi has a guest account but as soon as i connect it gives no internet access at all
>>
>>60747272
>They'll know it's you as soon as you plugin in the cable
i can't use cable though, i was hoping there is a wireless adapter i connect on that port and on my laptop's ethernet for internet
>>
>>60747172
Then ask them again.
Because if they really have a proper network setup with radius you ain't going to be able to do shit.
>>
>>60747306
Sorry, but I simply do get it. Why do you use a guest account and not an account issued by the IT guys for you for the corporate network? Shouldn't you have special credentials and shit?
>>
>>60747306
>>60747375
Oh, ok, I didn't see this
>>60747172

Well, you really need that personal account. Most probably you won't have any access without it.
>>
>>60747375
i don't use a guest account, it gives no access. It would seem the IT guys maybe don't want to give me an account, who knows.
>Shouldn't you have special credentials and shit?
i'm warehouse worker not sales or management, just wanna use my laptop on breaks but i have not told them that'd be my use if that would be a poor case
>>
File: usb-af-rj45m.jpg (12KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
usb-af-rj45m.jpg
12KB, 300x300px
Easy fix. Just get one of these cheap adapters and then plug a cheap usb wifi dongle into it. The dongle will default to a repeater and allow you to connect wirelessly from your laptop.
The item shown is an RJ45 to USB adapter.
>>
>>60747416
And PoE won't help. Even through the cable it most probably will ask you for the credentials.
If you think the don't care, you could buy a WiFi router, connect it to that outlet, and then if the router has internet access, you can connect your laptop to the network of that router. Just in case, make that network hidden (it's not really hidden, but won't show up on peoples smartphones). Beware, depending on your company's policies, you may get fired.
>>
>>60747502
>Beware, depending on your company's policies, you may get fired.
if i set of a fucking router of course i will get fired, this seems promising here>>60747492
>>
>>60747492
so is this what i need on my laptop? what do i need to connect on ethernet source, sorry for my ignorance
>https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-SuperSpeed-Gigabit-Ethernet/dp/B00BBD7NFU
>>
>>60747630
No. That turns your usb port into an ethernet port. The adapter I showed turns an ethernet port to a usb port. Google "RJ45 to USB adapter". That plugs into the wall. Now you will have a USB port on the wall. A cheap wifi dongle will plug into it.
>>
>>60747749
so i need these two on ethernet source and i should have an open wireless network?
>https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA6CS38X6985&cm_re=usb_to_rj45-_-9SIA6CS38X6985-_-Product
>https://www.amazon.com/ANEWKODI-600Mbps-150Mbps-433Mbps-Wireless/dp/B01G8IPLD8/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_147_bs_t_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=W37T6FEXMVXD0WXANC0K
>>
>>60747492
>>60747749
Cheeky fuck.
>>
>>60747799
I am just fucking with you. There is no power along those ethernet lines to power anything and even if there was it would not work.
Your best bet is to just get a cheap router that can act as wifi bridge or a wifi extender and extend the wifi closer to you.
>>
>>60746704
If you did this at my job you would get fired. Ask IT.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.