[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know this is a general consensus here, but I usually just blew

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: msretard.jpg (44KB, 592x348px) Image search: [Google]
msretard.jpg
44KB, 592x348px
I know this is a general consensus here, but I usually just blew you retards off as install gentoo memers, but...

Fuck Windows 10.

In one iteration of windows they add an intolerable amount of redundant services that will constantly run despite your futile attempts to disable them. The worst part is they EAT up your processor usage, sometimes going up to 40% for one process.

- Software protection service (always at least 10%, but usually at 20% CPU usage if you have downloaded pirated software that's trying to bypass this bullshit)
- Cortana (Extremely difficult to disable, and usually when you do you disable the windows search function, also a signifigant CPU eater (5%)
- Windows Management Instrumentation (of course this is integral to the windows system, but somehow they made it 10X WORSE in this iteration, often eating up 15+% of your CPU depending on client process errors it can't do shit about)
- The "updated" services controller app which will use up a signifigant amount of your CPU (2-5%).
- Xbox retards
- Send bill gates fucking everything aka MS Telemetry Service (also cpu eater)
- Edge aka internet explorer but slightly less retarded being classed in the fucking registry
- A whole host of other bullshit which i probably don't even know about.

How do you fuck up THIS BAD when coming out with a new operating system? On the surface Win10 seems like a paradigm shift in line with modern web design to promote simplicity and minimalism but it is anything fucking but under the hood.

Fuck this, do I go back to windows 7? I play a few vidya so I'm not sure if ubuntu would work out for me in the long run, and I'm too stupid to install gentoo.
>>
>>60739508
Kill
Your
Self
>>
>>60739540
You're*
>>
>>60739508
Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB
>>
File: POO IN NT.png (1MB, 1300x4704px) Image search: [Google]
POO IN NT.png
1MB, 1300x4704px
>>60739508
>How do you fuck up THIS BAD when coming out with a new operating system?
indians
>>
>>60739508
all i needed to read was "fuck windows" anyone that absolutely needs a windows program can just use a vm and use passthrough
>>
>>60739576
If windows such shit, why is it still more stable/faster than any linux desktop?
>>
Yeah it seems like shit.
I haven't used windows myself since 2005. I recently bought a cheap laptop and it came with windows 10, it was pretty awful. I straight away noticed that it was impossible to disable 'cortana' and the CPU usage seemed to be at 100% on both cores all of the time.

After maybe an hour of trying it formatted and installed Debian (as I had intended to do when I first bought the laptop) and then everything was fine, but yeah, FUCK windows 10
>>
>>60739575
Enterprise is just as busted. Even Microsoft has said that people shouldn't use their group policies yet as they're "unfinished".

By that they mean to justify as to why their botnet can't be disabled through htem.
>>
>>60739703
what fucking planet are you on? windows becomes completely unusable after a solid year of use due to it's complete lack of any garbage collection on a persistent level, linux will keep trucking along for years without a reinstall.
>>
>>60739723
why do you even respond to such obvious trolls?

>>60739711
atom with windows 10?
>>
>>60739768
Celeron N3050
>>
>>60739723
I'm talking about ui. Opening menus/moving windows on any linux desktop(besides those which came straight from 90s) is such slugfest in comparison with win10(win7 also pretty slow). But hey, at least they are consuming less memory, which is basically nothing.
> windows becomes completely unusable after a solid year
Only if you're retard who installs useless shit.
>>
>>60739806
>Opening menus/moving windows on any linux desktop(besides those which came straight from 90s) is such slugfest in comparison with win10(win7 also pretty slow).
are you running windows 10 on an IoT toaster? cortana randomly takes 5-10 seconds to open on my install, and i've only had it for 4 months.

>Only if you're retard who installs useless shit.
more like only if you use the OS as it's intended. linux is superior.
>>
>>60739508
8.1 doesn't have these problems.
>>
>>60739821
> IoT toaste
3217u. 1.8GHz 2/4. It's pretty slow. But w10 works fine on it, unlike kde/gnome/cinnamon/xfce(it's slow, but RAM consumption is next to nothing). It was better on my desktop(3570), but still slower than w10 on 3217u.
>cortana
There is no coratna in my language as far as i understand, but i'm not sure about that.
>more like only if you use the OS as it's intended. linux is superior.
No, it's not as intended. I would like to see how your linux distro going to survive installation of entire repository, because it's intended to software to be installed from repositories, right?
>>
>>60739919
>There is no coratna in my language as far as i understand, but i'm not sure about that.
"cortana" is the search feature.

> I would like to see how your linux distro going to survive installation of entire repository, because it's intended to software to be installed from repositories, right?
are you attempting to imply that an OS should be unusable after 1 year of use because that's an extreme use case?
>>
>>60740050
>"cortana" is the search feature.
What search? The one in explorer, that was there for years? Or that button next to start button? Both of them works pretty good and my w10 about year old, since anniversary update.
>that an OS should be unusable after 1 year of use because that's an extreme use case?
It's going to be. It's just linux users usually knows what to install. I would like to see, for example, debian with 15000 packets installed.
>>
>>60740162
>Or that button next to start button?
yes, that one.

>It's going to be.
>using an operating system for a year is an extreme use case
OH I'VE HEARD IT ALL NOW
>>
>>60740193
>using an operating system for a year is an extreme use case
No, i read it wrong. English is hard. Extreme usage for a year is going to make OS unstable. By extreme usage i meant installing hundreds of programs without unchecking ad-installs and shit like that. I've installed only what i'm using and it works pretty good. The only reason i've reinstalled year ago was because i bought ssd. Install every fucking de on your linux distro together with both wayland and x11, also dont forget to include both free and proprietary graphic card driver to load and see how it's going to work. This is extreme case.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.