[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best firefox replacement? Pale Meme or GANOO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: Pale-Moon-logo.png (84KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Pale-Moon-logo.png
84KB, 256x256px
What's the best firefox replacement?
Pale Meme or GANOO IceCat?

>inb4 Chromium
>>
SeaMonkey
>>
>>60736339
>he doesn't use qutebrowser
lmaoing @ ur life rn
>>
>>60736339
Brave
>>
>>60736339
I use both.
>>
>>60736512
What is the real advantage to using Pale Moon?
IceCat is more security oriented and has https everywhere, ad and tracker blockers built in.
Pale Moon just seems like a more lightweight FF, is that all it wants to be?

>>60736476
Tried Brave a while back, it was great, but I like it on Android more.
>>
>>60736339
waterfox
>>
>>60736547
Palemoon wants to be what Firefox was before it got brain damage. They forked the last ESR that was not infected with australis and stopped merging newer changes (except security ones) frm mozilla.
>>
>>60736547
Firefox minus telemetry and GTK3
>>
File: nathan-for-you.jpg (39KB, 633x356px) Image search: [Google]
nathan-for-you.jpg
39KB, 633x356px
>>60736701
Palemoon is on like version 25? and doesn't allow most if the modern addons. You might as well use the most up-to-date Firefox if you want broken shit. I really don't get the Palememe. You're also sacrificing security and way more likely to pick up drive by exploits.

I mean really, explain one advantage it has over literally anything else other than the nostalgic factor.
>>
>>60737405
>modern addons
this is the problem with your logic. Modern addons have been intentionally gimped by Google heebs who want to lock web browsing functionality into their business model. So the "advantage" is walking away from a ripoff deal.
>>
>>60736339
pale meme is my second favorite browser next to the one you hate
>>
File: greasydoggo.jpg (93KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
greasydoggo.jpg
93KB, 640x480px
>>60737405
I agree. Not to mention this will also makes your fingerprint far more unique. A lot of /g/entooman want to deviate from the norm so bad, they're willing to disregard all common sense. I'm currently switching back and forth between the latest FF and the latest stable Chromium build for different use cases. I do have my eye on Brave, tho. We'll see where that leads...
>>
>>60737465
Okay, but at least you'll be able to use the addons in FF for a few more months. Even things like HTTPS Everywhere doesn't work in Palemoon, at this very moment. How's that any different... except worse?
>>
SeaMonkey
>>
waterfox
>>
>>60736547
tried IceCat. Any and every sight I went to was broken including this one. With FurMoon I can enable https everywhere and adblockers in like a minute and a half and still browse casually. My UX with icecat was completely broken even when I disabled the JS disabler.
>>
>>60737514
https://addons.palemoon.org/addon/encrypted-web/
>>
File: Screenshot_20170604-051910.jpg (361KB, 1440x669px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170604-051910.jpg
361KB, 1440x669px
>>60737674
lmao
>>
I have been wanting to switch off firefox for a while, the amount of memory leaks and crashes is just ridiculous anymore. If Opera would bring back fucking tab stacking I'd use it instead.
>>
>>60736339
Emacs Webkit
>>
>>60736476
Fuck off shill, brave is bunch of shit that sells you.
>>
>>60736339
W A T E R F O X
A
T
E
R
F
O
X
>>
>>60736371
>>60737527
Tried it and it doesn't work with 90% of my addons, even after conversion.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.