[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/ I'm going to have my contract renewed pretty soon.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: 1496532945144.jpg (57KB, 750x573px) Image search: [Google]
1496532945144.jpg
57KB, 750x573px
Hey /g/

I'm going to have my contract renewed pretty soon. I work as mobile developer. I'm currently making 2500$ per month. Should ask for a raise? I'm outsourced from Argentina to USA. How much money are you guys making? And which is your job position?
>>
2500us in argentina?
>>
File: 1496532613906.jpg (95KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1496532613906.jpg
95KB, 500x600px
>>60735617
Yeah, I was offered 3k for other company. But IDK if that's still low or not.
>>
>>60735640
is that enough to survive and live comfortably in argentina?
>>
Protip, do not ask for a US job when the company is purposely outsourcing.
>>
>>60735686
Inflation is raising a lot lately, would help adding 500 bucks more. Plus that other company already offered me that amount. But yeah, I can live pretty well with that money. I don't expect to win as much money as you guys do. There's a reason why companies outsource job to fourth dump bag countries like mine. But I want to get the best deal.
>>
>>60735704
This. I do Android dev along with Node.js for $110k USD. Outsourced work and in-house is very different, so expectations are set early on. It's a real pain in the ass to deal with requirements that are fucked up due to translation issues, bargaining culture, accents, and other cultural mismatches. Outsourced work is a gamble.

If you think you're good, start applying and going through some phone screens and live coding interviews. Pass areal one, then figure out how to come overseas and make the paper

$2.5k is good if you don't have to live in pricey California. Americans would do it for that much. Goddamn do I hate globalization.
>>
File: 1495314090131.png (1MB, 1034x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1495314090131.png
1MB, 1034x1040px
>>60735783
Ok, so you win like 9k per month?
>>
>>60735842
Yeah, but taxes and retirement plan and insurance drop it to $5. After other bills like phone, internet, rent, car, and food, the real money left over is best left in a savings account or the occasional hookers + blow night. IT jobs in the US can be very stressful and often are on an on-call list (24/7). No one really expects their offshore team to produce anything mission-critical.
>>
File: omori.png (509KB, 647x944px) Image search: [Google]
omori.png
509KB, 647x944px
>>60735904
I agree that outsourced work is a gamble. But It depends in the country from where you are hiring people. For example, I worked in projects for US clients with Indian developers and It's like fucking hell, those guys code like shit and talk like shit and don't assume any responsabilities. Is my personal experience, IDK maybe there's some Indian teams that are good. My point is if you hire an Indian team you're getting the cheapest of the cheapest, and so is the quality of their work. I think that Chinese devs are a little more expensive, but higher quality, then follows Rusians, and then all other countries. Argentinians work their asses off man. I work from 8am to 18,19,20 as the job requires, weekends included if shit is happening.
>>
>>60735904
BTW thank you very much for the info!
>>
>>60735686
A stable and normal adquisition level in Argentina is reached with 15k +/- pesos a month. He is earning 45.000 pesos each month, so go figure.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.