[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>put a hole in the top of the screen for the front facing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: essentialphonewhitetmo.jpg (168KB, 1000x844px) Image search: [Google]
essentialphonewhitetmo.jpg
168KB, 1000x844px
>put a hole in the top of the screen for the front facing camera
>still having a bottom bezel
>not just putting the bezel at the top and putting the camera there

What the fuck were they thinking?
Having the soft keys at the bottom of the screen would have balanced out the top bezel and everything would have been fine. What a retarded design decision.
>>
>phone branded as Essential despite it being a boujee Op5
That was enough for me to drop it instantly
>>
>take your phone in your hands
>imagine your navbar would be right on the bottom edge of your screen
>try pressing the very left button
>tell me again how your concept is way better than theirs

When using a smartphone one handed most people let it rest on the finger, which could block the left navbar button depending on how you hold it.

Then there's also the size of the phone you have to keep in mind, I have a 6 inch display and pressing the left button feels very inconvenient to me
>>
>>60722243
Now this is Apple-tier design.
So innovative!
>>
>>60722404
People whose uses their phone one-handed shouldn't get big-screen phone
>>
>>60722243
still sticking with my se
>>
File: galaxy-s2-review-17.jpg (37KB, 640x428px) Image search: [Google]
galaxy-s2-review-17.jpg
37KB, 640x428px
>>60722404
Having the navbar at the bottom wasn't a problem when I had my piece of shit Galaxy SII.

I have the S7 now and the navbar is still at the bottom and it still causes me no problems.

Just make sure the button targets aren't too big and don't touch the very bottom of the screen and it's not a problem.
>>
>>60722419
most apps can be used with only like 15% of the touchscreen (swiping up or down), you will barely use the rest of the screen. I only hold my device with 2 hands when I type something or when I play games, but those 2 situations are not enough for me to justify a smaller screen

>>60722486
space between bottom edge and actual buttons on your reference image is already the height of what the actual navbar should be. The buttons themselves are at least 1 and a half navbars in height, of course it would not feel inconvenient for you to use, especially when you look at the size of your reference device compared to the like 5.6 inches of the essential phone.
>>
>>60722419
I have a six inch screen phone and use it one-handed 98% of the time, and I've been told by several people that I have small hands. It's not hard, but having the back button at the the very bottom edge would be more inconvenient.

I quite like the design. The camera is in typically unused space, however, I'm curiously how they handle the gap in software. What happens if for some bizarre reason icons do reach it? Also, how does it look in full screen apps?

>>60722562
>I only hold my device with 2 hands when I type something
>he doesn't use Gboard with that comfy corner keyboard with swipe
uwotm8
>>
>>60722562
Even on the s7 edge I used for a while I didn't have a problem with the navbar at the bottom and it's about as wide as the Essential Phone.

>space between bottom edge and actual buttons on your reference image is already the height of what the actual navbar should be
So you could just have that space at the bottom of the phone even if it is all screen, what's the problem with that?

I do agree there is an ergonomic advantage to having some bottom bezel on larger screened phones. I'd rather have a design like the galaxy s8 with a small top and bottom bezel than having a camera at the bottom or having a hole in the top of the screen though.

I feel like the solution could be as simple as requiring pressure to actually trigger buttons in the navbar.
>>
>>60722243
You have common sense, op. They've got ""vision"" and they're too entitled to fall for such normal and practical design decisions.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (16KB, 307x123px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
16KB, 307x123px
>>60722243
>essential phone
>doesn't come with headphone jack
I hope they go bankrupt
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.