[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Mac colors the most accurate on the market? How do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (32KB, 424x347px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 424x347px
Are Mac colors the most accurate on the market?

How do Dell and Asus stack up?
>>
LG > Dell > Apple > Asus
>>
>>60722040
Why didn't you just Google it?
>>
>>60722192
Any particular reason for that ranking?
>>
>>60722192
LG makes most of the display's 4 Apple
>>
>>60722040
Doesn't LG make their panels? Can't expect Apple to be more color accurate than the company that makes their panels.

That and color accuracy is something you need to maintain over time, not just be concerned about when buying.
>>
Anything with 100% Adobe RGB is "the most color accurate" but you're still going to need to maintain it and make sure the calibration is up to par
>>
>>60722643
no it isnt, adobe rgb is obsolete and everything meets it these days
>>
>>60722643
100% RGB is just the coverage, not the accuracy.

It also needs to be actually calibrated.
>>
I'm sure you need the most accurate color monitor to shitpost on the internet you retarded cuck who is too retarded to google.
>>
>>60722680
Adobe RGB is what isn't met these days. It is a wider gamut than sRGB which is what most panels are meeting now.

Adobe RGB is generally overkill. Photographers and such tend to use it.
>>
>>60722744
Need to make sure the green test is the correct shade.
>>
>>60722040
It's LG displays, so, the credit would go to LG
>>
>>60722680
What's the alternative? HDR is pointless if you don't work in video or photography and just sit on your ass and watch anime, and Adobe RGB is wider than sRGB while still being somewhat commercially available until HDR becomes more accessible.
>>
>>60722769
what im saying is it barely matters. hdr is still nice even if you dont edit. i take nature photography so hdr for large screen viewing is great

>>60722746
i guess im mistaken but you know what i mean.
>>
no eizo is
>>
>>60723556
>i guess im mistaken but you know what i mean.
Yeah, 100% sRGB isn't anything to really brag about anymore. Apple's panels fail badly when it comes to Adobe RGB.
>>
Samsung TVs

Colour accuracy is a TV and movie production meme anyways. All pro grading is done on a special secondary monitor. Never the one you cut on.
>>
File: 1313329984603.jpg (10KB, 241x272px) Image search: [Google]
1313329984603.jpg
10KB, 241x272px
>>60722192
my face when I have LG panel on my retina
>>
>>60724593
Are you trying to say pro grading is done on Samsung TVs?
>>
>>60724824
He's saying he's an idiot.
>>
No I'm saying the best consumer panels are made by samsung.

You'd have to go for specialized hardware to get perfect colour reproduction and you have to test your image on multiple types of monitors because most people don't use pro colour grading.

So yeah, this thread is idiotic and a meme
>>
>>60725366
If you don't know what you're talking about just don't post.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.