[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /g, I'm interested in learning about (and programming)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1467246926059.png (82KB, 242x325px) Image search: [Google]
1467246926059.png
82KB, 242x325px
Hi /g, I'm interested in learning about (and programming) A.I., general purpose and deep learning mostly, where should I begin?
>>
>>60715254
Calculus through Linear Algebra.
>>
python, tenserflow and lots of reading would be a good start
>>
>>60715272
Already did that stuff
>INB4 You probably didn't learn it enough
By following this logic I would never be over with it
>>
>>60715342
Yeah, but what would some readings you suggest be?
>>
>>60715344

calculate
d/dx [4*sin(7*(x-(pi/2))], x=0

Then I'll tell you the secret to learning AI
>>
>>60715254
programming != AI
>>
>>60715383
He said "learning about and programming AI". Nothing about that implies he thinks programming == AI
>>
>>60715397
sorry, im just another total noob and thought that by posting that sentence would boost my ego by being right

>you have exposed me that i was wrong
>>
>>60715371
I could do it, but how would you be sure I didn't do it in wolfram?
It's 4cos(7*(-(pi/2)))*7 anyway if I didn't miss anything
>>
>>60715441

Well I could ask you for step-by-step, and then you either do it yourself or you have a pro account, and in the latter case you probably have a math background. But I was joking anyways.

Are you familiar with basic CS stuff like data structures and algorithms? Do you know Python?
>>
>>60715494
Yeah: I'm just about to get my bachelor degree, the university had a shit program, but I think I've at least got the basis of programming right
As for Python, I do use it, but most likely not to its full potential
>>
>>60715254
Deep learning is literally just neural networks. Read Haykin first and then some papers/courses/www.deeplearningbook.org about convolutional neural networks, lstm nets, deep belief networks and et cetera. I'm assuming you know the basic theory of probability theory, statistics and machine learning.
>>
File: 1427528689030.jpg (62KB, 450x557px) Image search: [Google]
1427528689030.jpg
62KB, 450x557px
>>60715524
Thank you senpai
>>
use the catalog, faggots, theres dlg already

>>60715272
Calculus Through Linear Algebra.

Mmm, CTLA has a nice ring to it, you might be onto something.

"Dude it's all just calculus made out of linear equations!"
"Dude, it's just CTLA"
>>
>>60715515
In that case, there are many university-level courses available for free on the internet, such as this one: https://www.udacity.com/course/intro-to-artificial-intelligence--cs271

Once you feel you have a good overview of the basics, search for some intro textbooks. People often recommend AI: A Modern Approach but it may be a little dense to start with.

After that, you can start reading some papers, many of which you will be able to understand due to the infancy of the field.
>>
>>60715254
udacity
>>
File: facdee908r32094890238409238094.png (138KB, 522x590px) Image search: [Google]
facdee908r32094890238409238094.png
138KB, 522x590px
>>60715254
>go to school for 5 years
>get literally no pussy and make no friends because of study schedule
>no classes on AI were offered by my school
>every other hot job out there is somehow related to AI

Fuck the education system.
>>
>>60715694
The internet is full of free and pirated texts, and you want to pay that educational system money to tell you you read the textbook? Just start reading and making impressive projects. There are tons of employers who care about that kind of shit and hate the educational system as much as you.

APPLY YOURSELF
>>
>>60715694
You fucked up by not getting industry experience, blindly choosing a field without considering an actual career, or going to a shitty school. Perhaps all three.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.