[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Serious question here Can your IP be pulled from posts you make

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 11.png (114KB, 480x491px) Image search: [Google]
11.png
114KB, 480x491px
Serious question here

Can your IP be pulled from posts you make on 4chan by external parties or archives?

Just curious as it blocks all VPN services and Proxies from posting
>>
Yes. I am hacking you right now :^)
>>
>>60707413
Your IP is stored, but not accessible by third parties.
>>
No they can't
>>
>>60707433
I am watching you hack him right now :~)
>>
>>60707413
>by external parties
If the third parties have access to the database, yes.
>>
>>60707413
>by external parties
if that means CIA/FBI, then yes
>>
>>60707433
>>60707644
Dubs of truth!
Coincidence? I think not!
>>
>>60707413
>External parties

This is a very broad term. Do you mean NSA, GCHQ, etc? If so, then yes they will almost definitely be able to link nearly every post to an identity in their internal system. Unless you go to extreme lengths to obfuscate your identity such as using a VPN, preventing browser fingerprinting, TOR and a deluge of other shit you have never even thought of. Even then, I doubt it's very effective and will most likely just flag you as someone who is trying very hard to hide something.
>>
>>60707739
4chan blocks all VPNs, Proxies and Tor Exit nodes from posting
>>
I'm posting from a VPN right now faggot.
>>
>>60707775
Bullshit, you need an actual ISP to post
>>
File: rapex.jpg (50KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
rapex.jpg
50KB, 400x266px
> Can your IP be pulled from posts you make on 4chan by external parties or archives?

Last I heard, mook sells those dime a dozen (which is probably the only way to make money off 4chan when you think about it). Seriously tho: ads.

Most *public* (meaning aggresively advertised, pic related) VPNs are nuked not because you're a pedo and 4chan is out to have a seat with you, but simply because such honeypots are a nigger magnet. You wouldn't share an IP with a nigger, would you?
>>
>>60707759
I highly doubt they block all VPNs, probably just the most popular providers. Even then, you can always configure one yourself.

As for the TOR exit node, you obviously are going to do: TOR->VPN->4chan which should circumvent TOR detection. Probably? Maybe?

>>60707799
I don't understand the point you're trying to make? Also,
>What is a public WiFi hotspot
Though I guess that isn't ideal either, because it ties you to a physical location.

Bottom line, you're not going to beat the NSA unless you know exactly what you're doing. Which is exactly no one on this entire shithole of a board, myself included.
>>
>>60707759
Unless you buy a 4chan pass
>>
>>60708015
Fag
>>
Guys, out of curiosity, what's a good VPN that connects to manchester?
>>
>>60707413
By anyone who pays Hiroshima enough money.
>>
>>60708084
Try machester united
>>
>>60707413
Only chinkshit moot and Google can.
And anybody chink faggot decides to sell your info to.
>>
Reminder that browser fingerprinting is a thing and that they can compare the fingerprint to other sources.
>>
>>60708377
>block 4chan and google from running javascript
heh... fingerprint that... botnet...
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.