[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So Im thinking of becoming a sysadmin or a netadmin. Anyone here

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: sysadmin-noob-300x200.jpg (31KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
sysadmin-noob-300x200.jpg
31KB, 300x200px
So Im thinking of becoming a sysadmin or a netadmin. Anyone here work in that field? What are your thoughts and experiences with those careers? Sounds like a cool job, I like building/ taking apart computers and I enjoy problem solving.
>>
>>60706540
you need to have an intimate knowledge of tcp/ip to be able to
>>
>>60706549
Ok? Thats what school is for
>>
>>60706540
I was sysadmin for a few years and it's a good work. If you will find a good team of people to work with you are golden. Me for example, I had a grate team but got offer from other company for much more $$. Of course I took it and every day for six months the first word that came to my mind was "fuck". The level of twatness in this work was beyond anything I ever witnessed so if you can do some research before you will decide where to start your career.
>>
>>60706606
>The level of twatness in this work was beyond anything I ever witnessed
Can you elaborate?
>>
>>60706572
you should look into other work
you obviously have no idea what a sysadmin even does
and probably lack the mental capacity to learn
>>
>Sounds like a cool job, I like building/ taking apart computers and I enjoy problem solving

Ah the joys of being young and underage. Don't be retarded,everyone likes to do that, it's not something special.
Oh and scientists don't make super robots either.
As a sysadmin at cisco some years back, I never once had to "take a computer apart". That's what the "IT guy" is for.
>>
File: ccc.jpg (106KB, 632x799px) Image search: [Google]
ccc.jpg
106KB, 632x799px
>>60706540
You'll be administrating Active Directory domains and doing mind numbing patching as a sysadmin and you'll want to shoot yourself as a netadmin. Be a generic computer tech for some company if you really want to do the physical work but don't expect to make much.
>>
>>60706540
If I pulled out all of those cords would he die?
>>
>>60706540
>building/ taking apart computers
That's not what admins do.
>I enjoy problem solving
A lot of occupations involve problem solving and few are as narrow-field and dull as network administration. Not a bad job, but hardly an exciting one.
>>
>>60706540
>Sounds like a cool job
It's not, unforgiving.
>I like building/ taking apart computers and I enjoy problem solving.
Has nothing to do with sysadmin
>>
>>60706657
>>60706733
>>60708026
>>60708501
>sysadmins dont take put together/ take apart computers
But sysadmins set up hardware for comptuer systems as well as fix problems with computer systems, surely this often incolves opening up computers aswell as servers and working on them or putting them together?
>>
>>60706549
Im a sysadmin and you really dont
>>
Wow this place is a shit hole. How do I get the impression that no one here has actually ever had a real job?
>>
>>60708718
Nope.
That's the duties of IT support, which is where everyone inevitably starts at.
>>
>>60706657
Are you compensating for something?
>>
>>60708757

I am a domain admin for a network with over 10 000 users and I have only one cert. Also zero idea what I'm doing.
>>
>>60708960
Adam?
>>
>>60708757
Because farting around building and taking apart computers is fucking gay and a waste of time when more important things are at stake, go work at a computer shop if you want to do that.
>>
>>60709120

Nope
>>
>>60709198
>Because farting around building and taking apart computers is fucking gay and a waste of time when more important things are at stake
Youre literally posting on 4chan. I suppose youre a highly trained EMT on break or the next world changing politician?
>>
>>60709255

Not him, but there's a shitton of EMTs on 4chan.
>>
>Spend two months rewrangling everything from scratch
>thereafter work 4hours a week testing the backups
>get paid for 5*9 hours a week
>Rest of time work on own projects

Being a GOOD admin is comfy as fuck. You do have to be as good as me though
>>
File: 1457382645737.png (70KB, 397x401px) Image search: [Google]
1457382645737.png
70KB, 397x401px
>>60708892
>>
>>60709307
>Not him, but there's a shitton of EMTs on 4chan
>source: his ass
>>
>>60709255
The IT Industry has a wide variety of differing roles and specialties instead of just building computers from scratch you mongo
>>
>>60709398

I don't know why you've got such a stick up your ass. You find them predominantly on /k/ or /b/. Either way, you can check the archives if you want proof.
>>
>>60709426
Who implied otherwise?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.