[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At 329, is it really that bad of a deal any more? My laptop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

At 329, is it really that bad of a deal any more? My laptop is on its last legs, and while I have a great desktop, I've been considering using a tablet for note taking in classes. Is there anything I'm overlooking here?
>>
>tablet
>note taking
You're overlooking how incredibly painful, awkward and unpleasant that will be; even with a "keyboard" (read: chiclet mat)
>>
>>60701751
A normal tablet will not reject your palm.
You need one that is specific for that, IE ipad pro or samsung with pen
>>
>>60701751
Take notes with a pen and paper you fucking sperg.
>>
>>60701751
Jesus Christ just fuck off already.
We know you're that same faggot who was shilling the ShitPad Pro earlier. This board is for people who actually enjoy and understand tech, not some dipshit Apple fag like you. Fuck off faggot
>>
>for note taking in classes. Is there anything I'm overlooking here?
Yeah, the lack of a keyboard.
>>
>>60701889
I have dozens of notebooks full of old notes, and they're not very organized. It's nice that you want to call me a sperg, but you're the one who's intentionally not addressing my question while trying to insult me instead.

>>60701922
I built my fucking desktop, you nitwit.
>>
>>60701751
APPLE SHILL THREAD

MODS
MODS
MODS
MODS
>>
>>60701929
>Ooooh look at the big boy everybody, he built his own desktop.

But of course if that were true then you'd know what real technology and real hardware looks like and you wouldn't even be considering buying that piece of tech illiterate normie shit. Now fuck off you Apple shilling Pajeetnigger
>>
Go for it OP, I can't believe people here have Google's cock so far up their asses they can't help but sperg out anytime anyone brings up anything Apple related.

Also Android tablets are all awful, they're all widescreen, it's like they don't want you doing anything productive with them.

Any decent Windows tablet is just as expensive as a Macbook so meh.
>>
>>60701974
I know that for my needs, a tablet would provide more utility than a laptop at this price range, while still providing similar performance. Any laptop below 400 or 500 is going to have questionable build quality, and poor optimization. I have a laptop like this already. My desktop is my workstation, where a laptop/tablet would be for light document work and note taking. Why are you constantly dodging the subject?
>>
Honestly, not the best choice. It's all dependent on your use case; but you need to realize first and foremost that the iPad is extremely locked down. It's an entertainment device first and everything else second. Normal iPhone apps scale terribly, so if there's anything that hasn't been made specifically for iPad that you want to run it will look like trash. You have no way to transfer files, no way to play certain kinds of video, etc.

Honestly, and I know this is a total meme, just get a thinkpad/latitude/elitebook. It's going to be less than an iPad, just as fast with an SSD, and you'll have the ability to do more. Don't waste your money on one of the tablet models though- my friend got one for note taking and literally sold it a month later- it's ineffectual at best.

Note taking is best done with a pen and paper, no matter what. Studies consistently show you have better retention and better grasp of concepts if you physically etch the words on paper.
>>
>>60702076
My problem is that I can't write fast enough without it looking like garbage, so it always ends up super abbreviated and I often leave info out. I also pirate my textbooks to pdf, and sitting at a desk and reading them at my desktop is miserable.
>>
>>60701929
Your mentality shows that you're already committed to getting a tablet and didn't want to hear the other side.

Why do you think taking notes on a tablet will be more organized? Just because you can 'move' them doesn't mean fuck all.

Protip: it won't
>>
>>60702164
I hate to be the one to tell you this, but it's going to look like garbage typed out unless you're really good at LaTeX or keyboard formatting.
>>
>>60701751
It's a phone OS that doesn't scale well to a screen of that size. iPads are trash.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.