[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>year 2017 >his laptop is as thick as his fat ass >AND

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 14864042822963.png (196KB, 618x640px) Image search: [Google]
14864042822963.png
196KB, 618x640px
>year 2017
>his laptop is as thick as his fat ass
>AND it thermal throttles
LMAOing @ ur lyfe
>>
>gpu is thiccer than the laptop
rly maeks u think huh...
>>
>>60694456
1/10
>>
>>60694424
>1080 probably does fit in the laptop... without the fans/cooling
Looks like a housefire/scorched legs to me, unless there's some supersekrit cooling in the laptop.
>>
>>60694917
the trick is underclocking the 1080 with more cores on the gpu to achieve the same/better performance.

the cool part is you can overclock the gpu still. laptop 1080's are arguably better than desktop 1080's because of how well pascal overclocks

otherwise, undervolt cpu/gpu without touching clocks, enjoy high performance, lower battery usage, and cooler temps

rly not too hard
>>
>>60694945
Makes sense to me. Pre-builts/factories could set that up pre-shipment so even normies could reap the benefits, I'd guess.
>>
>>60694989
yea nvidia thought ahead when they made the new gen's (10's) gpu's, it's the full fat gpu, just reduced clocks and more cores to compensate, achieving roughly the same performance in a lower power/temperature envelope.

you can get pretty far on pascal laptops desu
>>
>>60695012
Noted. I've been thinking about getting a gayming desktop, but if you can successfully stick a 1080 in a laptop and get similar performance, maybe a gayming laptop is still OK in this case.
>>
>>60695027
just weigh the pros/cons, with a laptop i can't use the keyboard unless it's that overpriced laptop with the built in mechanical, but there's really no point to that

as long as the panel is good and the screen is (preferably 17.3") 15.6", and i have a mouse/keyboard. i'm set.
>>
>>60694424
Now we need good mobile CPU too.
>>
>>60695074
the 7700hq is actually a pretty great chip.

can't wait for ryzen mobile, though there is a desktop ryzen 7 1700 chip in acer's new laptop. that paired with a 1080 would be a pretty nasty combo
>>
i want to buy a laptop from tor. I dont know any good market..
>>
>>60694456
GPU != Graphics Card
Yes, the Graphics Card is T H I C C
The GPU is actually a very tiny chip
>>
>>60695254
it's commonplace to use these interchangeably because gpu is easier to type than graphics card
>>
>>60694424
>Year 2017
>battery not user replaceable
>keyboard not user replaceable. Chiclet island shit that chinks use nowadays.
>no option to increase onboard storage
There are tons of other issues I don't want to mention about modern macs and all Mac wanna bes
>>
>>60694424
>spermkiller 1080
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.