[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Currently I have one HDD running Debian, one stuffed with files

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: refused to mount.png (33KB, 582x339px) Image search: [Google]
refused to mount.png
33KB, 582x339px
Currently I have one HDD running Debian, one stuffed with files and no operating system, and one running Windows 10. The last one is new.

Debian gives me this message when I tried to mount the W10 disk via a SATA adaptor, but it works fine with the storage disk. (I shut down Windows a second time just to be sure, but got the same message again.)

Windows, meanwhile, asks to format the storage disk and won't open it otherwise.

Is there no compatibility between these operating systems, even when plain files storage is concerned?
>>
Microsoft did some housekeeping on their computer. Why are you complaining?
>>
>>60687519
I don't follow.
>>
>>60687567
You see, you installed Windows 10 and Microsoft detected that you had another OS already on your computer, so they wanted to make sure that everything is Microsoft® Approved™. It appears that Microsoft did not Approve™ the old OS and locked itself down.
>>
>>60687620
Oh, so you just want to amuse yourself. Fine.

The windows HDD does not have another operating system on it, and boots up fine. For further info, consult the OP.
>>
>>60687567
It's a common tactic to mount a Windows volume on a Linux system and proceed to plunder its files.
It looks like this is what OP is trying to do.
So, Microsoft is reacting to complaints.
>>
>>60687504
happened to me, actually the message you got is really helpful, you just need to deactivate the "fast restarting"; google it up (I forgot how it was done, it's just changing a setting in the BIOS)
>>
>>60687710
Power options, control panel
>>
File: 1453747593713.png (685KB, 1386x947px) Image search: [Google]
1453747593713.png
685KB, 1386x947px
>windows is hibernated
>not hibernation or fast restarting
>mount the volume read-only
>Is there no compatibility between these operating systems
If there was no compatibility, it probably wouldn't have told you how to fix the problem you were facing.

Obviously your solution is to buy a mac because you're too stupid to use computers.
>>
>>60687710
>>60687721
Perfect, thanks guys. I had no idea what fast rebooting meant.

>>60687895
This is the first time I've attempted to hook up a pseudo-hibernated HDD, because I didn't even know that was possible. How was I supposed to interpret a message that, as far as I knew, was incorrect?
>>
>>60688062
>as far as I know all error messages are incorrect
How about try doing what the error message says before posting here
>>
>>60688062
In the disk utility program (looks like gnome-disks), add "ro" to the mounting options to mount it as read-only.
>>
>>60687504
Read the error message. It's telling you what the problem is.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.