[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any good/legitmate reasons for me to upgrade to WIndows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: images.duckduckgo.com.png (353KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.png
353KB, 1600x900px
Are there any good/legitmate reasons for me to upgrade to WIndows 10 LTSB from my current Windows 7, or should I just wait until 2020?
>>
Wait until 2020 and then install Gentoo.
>>
If you play games, DX12 is apparently a good reason. Streaming Xbox One games to the PC is already pretty cool, but I don't think you'll be doing that on LTSB anyway.

What's happening in 2020? End up Win7 support?
>>
>>60687207
Yes. The end of support for the last Windows.
>>
Windows 10 seems more responsive and looks nice after altering a bit.
>>
>>60686609
This board is for Linux and BSD users.
>>
>Are there any good/legitmate reasons for me to upgrade to WIndows 10 LTSB

No, there are no good or legitimate reasons, not one, not even the fact that you can pirate it for free forever and not pay a fucking cent for it thereby stealing from Microsoft and supposedly making yourself feel so much better about getting one over on them in the process.

Not one fucking good or legitimate reason, ever.

Disclaimer: not one iota of sarcasm was used in the making of this post.
>>
>>60687207
>DX12 is apparently a good reason
Real world tests show that, for the majority of games, it makes zero difference.

OP - I have LTSB on a laptop and Win7 on two desktops. From using this for more than a year now - there is zero reason to upgrade. LTSB is actually pretty good....but I have found nothing missing from my day to day experience on the Win7 machines that I could do on my laptop.

Same goes for work - right now we're on Win7 (upgrading to LTSB sometime this year). There's only two reasons that I've ever found myself wishing we were already on LTSB - you can flip a switch and get rid of the stupid fucking path character limit and SQL Server 2016 support. Neither have been particularly pressing.
>>
>>60687347
Yep. Doesn't matter whether you pay or pirate you're still their product. With Windows 10 the computer is no longer personal.
>>
>>60687395
It turns out that guy didn't know what the fuck he was doing and he screwed a lot of those tests up. Don't get me wrong....I don't trust MS at all with Windows 10. I tried out Win10 Enterprise (which is not LTSB) - it's a fucking cancer. But that guy is not proof of much.
>>
>>60686609
>windows 10
>"""upgrade"""
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.