[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on Cryogenization /g/, would you pay for a second

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: p01yjqsl.jpg (98KB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
p01yjqsl.jpg
98KB, 1280x640px
Redpill me on Cryogenization /g/, would you pay for a second chance?

http://metro.co.uk/2012/08/23/the-cryonic-man-how-alcor-life-extension-preserves-your-dead-body-547580/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhPQhU5a7fE
>>
>>60684459
Freezing causes the water in all your cells to expand, damaging every cell in your body.
The idea is perhaps in the future they'll be able to solve that problem. Better have lots of money in the bank if it ever is solved because I'm sure it won't be free and the inflation will kill you all over again.
Ever see that Futurama episode where Fry finds out the $5 he left in the bank was worth billion 1000 years later? Like that, but you're poor.
>>
>>60685244
thats why u invest all ur money into precious metals or something
>>
>>60684459
You wake up five hundred years later and go back to bed for another thousand.
>>
>>60685743
Have to bury it like a pirate or really figure something out for long term unknown end date storage.
>>
>>60685244
>assuming you wake up in a time that hasn't already replaced the physical currency for bitcoins

>>60686210
>apply for cyrogenic storage in 2018
>WW3 happens
>politicians/businessmen freaking out, looking for all means of preservation
>choose cryogen company you're using
>pays to have you removed and disposed of
>you die

>>60685743
>wake up in post-scarcoty economy after 1000 year sleep
>you precious metal cache is now worthless
>you die in poverty, due to having no creativity to live off of/ or new diseases you have no resistance against

cryogen is only feasible for short-term stasis, 50 years max
anything longer and your survival outlook drops rapidly
>>
Only for long space trips. I would love to visit an exo-planet or star.
>>
>>60687294
>Be a very long space trip with our tech today. NASA's Juno probe reached speeds of about 165,000 mph (265,000 km/h) as it entered into orbit around Jupiter. At that rate, a probe could reach Proxima Centauri in about 17,157 years.
>>
>>60684459
You have to be legally dead before you get frozen, so the chances of you coming back are basically zip. Not worth spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on.
>>
>>60687363
Bad example, the Juno probe was not designed or intended to go as fast as possible as it still needs to go slow enough to get accurate readings and pictures. It's like comparing an E-3 to an F-22.
>>
>>60685244
The new idea is to just pump really cool liquid through the person instead of actually freeze them. Cold enough to stop cellular function but not to form ice. If you have the technology to fix every burst cell, you don't really need cryo as you could just use that tech to actively maintan your body.
>>
>>60688298

You realize you don't pay that much right?

A lot of places in the US cost a thousand dollars for a life-time membership, and they run off interest built on equity.

What you do is get a life-insurance policy for however much is required, usually about 250k. You can get a 300k policy for literally less than 250 dollars a year. That's like .80 cents a day. These groups are usually run as a non-profits, and you make them the beneficiary of this life insurance policy in particular. This covers the cost of the procedure, maintenance, etc. and the continued 3% growth on the total fund means that they will never really run out of money, and consequently you never have to worry about them just closing shop.

This guy: >>60685244 doesn't know what he's talking about. The problem with cryonics, currently, is reversing the process. The cracking and expansion he mentions only comes into play when the material starts to warm up. Otherwise it creates a crystalline structure.

There really isn't any sort of downside here.

You are going to die anyway, but at least with this there is at least some minimal chance of coming back from being dead.
>>
Fucking hell if I can shitpost on 1337chan 600 years later then f yeah
>>
They are trialling short-term cryogenics for emergency scenarios right this minute.
There has been people put under a frozen process for the past decade to extend time to treat severe wounds, but now they are doing it all officially.

We've been using a more basic form for it in surgery for god knows how long to slow the body down in major surgery.
But it basically needs an expert on levels of anaesthesia to carry it out properly or you could die.

Yeah here's some shit on it.
https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg22129623-000-gunshot-victims-to-be-suspended-between-life-and-death/
>>
>>60686894
Von Braun city is built in the first 500 years.
>>
>>60688312
Juno's the fastest spacecraft humans have ever built so far.
>>
>>60684459
Fuck that, I don't even want to be alive now
>>
I live right next to the Alcor Corporation facility. I'm definitely doing it. Investing $10 at every financial institution in the world to pay for the unfreezing/revival/reversal in the future.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.