[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

From 1 to 10 how scared is Intel right now? In the next decade

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

From 1 to 10 how scared is Intel right now?

In the next decade most PC's will be basically phones with big displays, and Intel doesn't have anything to compete with it.
>>
>>60681362
Intel can just make it when needed.
It is richer company than amd and amd could make it too.
>>
>>60681389
>Intel can just make it when needed.
>decades of R&D

Yeah, no.

The only thing they can do is buy mediatek.
>>
>>60681362
Intel is sitting on ungodly amounts of capital and they spend all of AMD's yearly operating budget on petty outreach stuff like girls in tech and tranny bathroom politics.

Why did they never adopt ARM?
>>
>>60681362
Wait for nu-x86. https://www.overclock3d.net/news/cpu_mainboard/intel_is_reportedly_working_on_a_new_x86_architecture/1
>>
>>60681458
They must have, it makes no sense for them to just watch as ARM eats away their market.
>>
>>60681362
>from 1 to 10 how much autistic are you?

all the devices that are being showcased use an intel processor
>>
>>60681362
Posting from my Intel powered Zenfone 2

Why didn't Atom phones take off? This thing works great 2 years later
>>
>>60681514
>This thing works great 2 years later
Because it doesn't.

>>60681486
Yeah thats why the snapdragon logo is on the top.
>>
>>60681531
>because it doesn't
Elaborate
>>
File: use the other door.jpg (240KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
use the other door.jpg
240KB, 600x800px
>>60681458
>new x86 isn't backwards compatible with old x86 applications
>all OSes get a fresh start
year of the linux!!!!!!
>>
>>60681714
There's going to be some sort of backwards compatibility layer. It'll be slower, but it'll work.
>>
Why doesn't intel just create a brand new architecture that isn't bogged down by 40 years of backwards compatibility abstractions and support for not only your extensions, but every extension AMD has ever pushed out.
>>
>>60681744
Read the thread.
>>60681458
>>
>>60681714
>>all OSes get a fresh start
>implying linux wouldn't take 10 years to re-develop the OS to work on the new architecture
>>
>>60681853
You only have to port GCC to the new architecture, after that it's smooth sailing.
The large bulk of the linux kernel is hardware drivers.
>>
>>60681890
>only
>smooth
>linux is still struggling to get any traction on the PC market

THIS YEAR IS OUR YEAR
>>
>>60681925
Good performance and high market share are mutually exclusive.
>>
>>60681531
>that's why the snapdragon logo is on the top

yeah boy i wanna see one of those desktop type computers powered by a snapdragon processor
>>
>>60681988
Don't worry, you will.
>>
>>60681514
Same here. Only phone's I've had that I liked as much as it was a RAZR I (also Intel) and the Lumia 620.
>>
>>60682029
>bringing phone type processors to desktops/laptops

that's what i call bullshit if it happens
>>
>>60682062
It's already happening. Intel completely failed to break into mobile spaces, so Microsoft and etc. are testing out low powered ARM laptops and all-in-ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_GlGglbu1U
>>
File: ryzen mobile.png (279KB, 1398x785px) Image search: [Google]
ryzen mobile.png
279KB, 1398x785px
>>60682098
>low powered ARM laptops and all-in-ones
*blocks your path*
>>
>>60682062
https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/31/15711334/microsoft-windows-10-arm-qualcomm-pcs-asus-hp-lenovo

This is the result of Intel dumping their Atoms on the market and failing to have any impact whatsoever.
>>
I can't wait for comfy low power ARM laptops~
>>
>>60682120
While I'm interested in seeing where AMD goes with Ryzen Mobile, the fact remains that ARM is growing and Microsoft + OEMs are hedging their bets at this point.
>>
>>60682125
>>60682062
how to be thrown away of an entire market by intel
>>
His shoes don't suit the color of his outfit. Fuckin retarded.
>>
>>60682062
A desktop board with four of apple's A9X SoC's would be one of the most powerful boards on the market. I'm putting my money on the two new Mac pros at the end of the year using stupidly parallel iPhone SoC's. Most Devs are already used to compiling on arm, so it'd be the most painless architecture change ever. Just a option for "ARM-Desktop" in the compiler and everything on the app store's done.
What I think we're gonna get is a trash can with the three pannels just replaced with boards covered in A10x's, with some I/Of on the back. To be sold as the ultimate computational unit.
Maybe not, they did say the original trash can was betting on people using GPU's a lot more, so maybe they'll stay away from something so parallel, but it would be nice.
Maybe the trashcan with just a couple chips in it for everyday work, and a cheese grater full of SoC's for rendering. Maybe even in a rack.
>>
>>60681362
How much longer until Apple starts using in-house cpus in Macbooks?
>>
>>60682253
As soon as they start caring about Macbooks again.
>>
>>60682098
trailer, available in the windows store...

>*stutters*
>*drops frames*
>*pixelates*

....runs really smoothly.
>>
>>60681961

Linux and high market share are mutually exclusive.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.