[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How different would the world be if there was a publicly accessible,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1344206053061.png (981KB, 3000x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1344206053061.png
981KB, 3000x1800px
How different would the world be if there was a publicly accessible, indexable, searchable and taggable internet host with unrestricted rules regarding storage for anyone. Anyone may download and upload what they like. A local forum, social community allows for unrestricted proliferation of information. A safe haven for data.
The only catch being that nothing can be deleted (If information needs to be corrected or updated, previous versions of the content are linked to current content).
Basically a cross between a wiki, social platform, imageboard, videohost, and direct DL site.

>Lets just assume that this magical content host is unable to be blocked by authorities, despite any attempts. Simply put, if you wish to access the website and look for something or upload something, you can. If you want to upload sensitive data, it is safe there. Forever.

My question is what would our world be like if access to such a service was possible?
>Would we live in fear of having our identities posted and passed around?
>Would the development of children be stunted as they realize access to such a service allows a fall into depravity and over-stimulus of information?
>Would society become a hyper-connected conglomerate with no self identity as a singular person? Would the production of original content become the new "currency" or barter; (if most digital entertainment you produce can be put online, copyright becomes impossible to enforce) ?
Hell, would authorities instead restrict who can buy a computer or get internet access?

>inb4 all the cp
>inb4 hurr this already exists, its called tor.
No, because tor has this caveat of having to be all cloak & dagger. This service would literally be as pervasive as breathing air.
>>
thousanda of chinese body farm websites. upload a 3d model of your waifu, they they will genetically grow human bodies resembling it, and then let it slowly decay for necrofetishists to the tune of a few dollars.
internet vending machines for dead baby decapitation station streams.
>>
bump, I really wouldn't mind a little mor discussion on this topic It really is central to what we as a species can consider the boundaries of our morality and anonymity.
>>
>dude what if we wuz all psychic
>>
Freenet does this today. Using... Block chain? I think?
>>
>>60675468
i think nothing would change and you can essentially achieve this today. the problem in countries with oppressive laws is not "muh tech infrastructure," it's that the police can enter your home with a gun
>>
>>60677152
Would it be in a country's best interest to randomly terrorize its own citizens in the interest of "public morality"? Don't get me wrong, I'm not supporting the idea of cp and the way it is sourced is barbaric and scarring.
But would the potential for this service to be used for the objective/subjective "bad" justify such actions of a governing body to its citizens?

I discussed this concept to a friend and he posed a situation where the creative output of humanity would decrease since it is no longer a field you could expect to make a living from anymore. I countered and said there are plenty of platforms that allow you to upload your creative work for free, and many people do this today. Comissions would still be a thing, since people would want to be the "first" to have an original from someone no matter how many copies could be made thereafter.
But things like record label companies and the movie industry would all but collapse if there existed an unregulated source of their media providing free unfettered access.
>>
>>60675490
Imagine that but you could also send them anything containing DNA of someone you like and they send you a clone of them
I imagine the larger ones will even have celeb options
>>
>>60675468
just who is going to pay for this pipe-dream, OP, and how?
>>
File: 1363209190067.jpg (988KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1363209190067.jpg
988KB, 2560x1600px
>>60679189
I didn't say anyone paid for it, its called suspension of disbelief coupled with proof of concept.
Imagine I had simply asked "World governments decide to start charging people to breathe air. How do they go about policing this."
The idea was to discuss how the world society would change if it had access to an immutable concept in physical/digital form. How might said concept change humanity, or how might society adapt to its presence.

Eg, we can do fuck all about the moon, but its there, it affects us ever so slightly along with the tides and we as a species have adapted to make use of this with tidal-power generation, surf sports, and efficient sling-shotting to reach distant stellar bodies which might otherwise prove difficult.

Even if the service did exist, it'd be impossible to keep physically safe, because there isn't a country on earth a military force couldn't penetrate (maaaaybe russia), and even then it'd simply be a matter of cutting lines of communication that lead to this pipedream. Then there's running costs, maintenance, and a server overhead to put Google and Facebook combined to shame. This is why I decided to just omit all this, slap it on the table and just say, "hey, it exists. humanity, wat do?"
>>
>>60681049
>World governments decide to start charging people to breathe air. How do they go about policing this
This is called taxation.
>>
>>60675468
>uncensorable
Pedos would ruin it for everybody else like always
>>
File: r1Ynxir.png (260KB, 1844x1210px) Image search: [Google]
r1Ynxir.png
260KB, 1844x1210px
>>60681090
You mean theft.
>>
>>60675468
We could call it "Community Memory."
>>
>>60675468
Freenet? It's been around since the 90's. It's easy to set up and harden.

Nobody uses it. It's filled with cp and low quality shit. How about /g/ goes and colonizes Freenet?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.