[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/ im creating a textboard for my campus, normies are going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: file.png (162KB, 1912x975px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
162KB, 1912x975px
Hey /g/ im creating a textboard for my campus, normies are going to post on it so I need it as simple as possible. Is this an understandable design? Anyone wanna help with some css?
>>
Wouldn't campus normies be more comfortable with a Facebook group?
>>
>>60662984
Facebook requires registration, but yeah. I guess this is an alternative. My school doesnt really have a facebook group
>>
>>60662992
That's why I specified normies. They'll have a Facebook account already.
>>
>>60663088
True, Some might like being anonymous and sharing secrets though
>>
These sorts of anonymous school message boards are always banned quickly after some nudes get shared or some hardcore bullying happens. Then it gets featured in the local news after the autistic kid commits suicide. Yeah I have been there.
>>
>>60663143
Welp time to
rm -R *
>>
>>60663104
You can set up an alternative channel that doesn't require registration, but if you want to pull in the greatest number of users go for the most widely used medium. Most people value anonimity only to trashtalk others but no one will go out of their way to use an anonymous service over Facebook just because of that.
>>
>>60663143

You completely miserable fuck, I like to bang your wretched little head against a wall, except I fear it'll damage the wall more than it'll get sense into you.

OP, you go right ahead and try it. If you get banned, stop, look, and learn what caught you out: and next time Fail Again. Fail Better: http://archive.is/v9qe0

And never let curmudgeonly tossers like this guy bring you down to his level.
>>
>Not using the Toothpaste theme
>>
File: fi3a9c.jpg (427KB, 1400x1866px) Image search: [Google]
fi3a9c.jpg
427KB, 1400x1866px
>>60662943

That design makes a good starting point. Instead of asking us for suggestions, you'd do far better to ask your actual users what they suggest, and work to that plan. When you do this they feel ownership of the site, are more motivated to return to it and also motivated to recommend it on.

I would suggest your major issues going in are injection threats (you MUST sanitize all inputs!) and moderation: with links in there, you have to be prepared for some wiseass to post Lemon Party type material. I think I'd handle that with a report button: two reports and the link goes in the queue for checking and gets hidden until its approved.
>>
>>60663869
>thinking op could do that
He literally used a ready script and created a new CSS theme
>>
>>60663869
>you'd do far better to ask your actual users what they suggest, and work to that plan.
Truely a strategy for failure.
You'll get confused and confusing input, different with each user, and whichever users' input you don't implement will result in those users not using your creation.
Users have no idea what they want until after they have at least used it. Then you'll get change requests.
>>
>>60666460
This is only true if your accepting input from < 10 people.
Set out what you want at first. Fuck everybody else. Then let people try it and listen to what they have to say. After a while you may start to see a pattern and you can say "they all want different stuff, but it seems most people can't make sense of feature x and are lacking feature y" then make x better for your users and implement y, then do it again.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.