[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Massive Leak Reveals Monster 18-core Intel Core i9-7980XE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: printlogo.png (9KB, 586x387px)
printlogo.png
9KB, 586x387px
>Massive Leak Reveals Monster 18-core Intel Core i9-7980XE Processor

Fucking kek, what's the chances this is a rebranded server processor that didn't past QA? The yields on this must be fucking terrible, it's not like they can weld a bunch of 8 core CCXs together like AMD can with the Zen series.

AMD has lit a fucking fire under them. It's probably going to cost $2500 too lmao.
>>
>>60655241
It's $2000
http://www.tweaktown.com/news/57764/intel-core-i9-7980xe-18c-36t-chip-costs-2000/index.html
>>
>>60655241
This.

How is it different than a Intel Xeon E7-8867 v4 ?
>>
>>60655257
>There's currently no ETA on the flagship Core i9-7980XE, but holy hell - 18C/36T trumps AMD's new ThreadRipper 1998X with its 16C/32T of CPU power. Damn, Intel... this is insanity.
???
>>
>>60655385
Bump.

There aren't even benchmarks for this. The fucking E5-2699 v4 has a passmark of 23362
>>
They were going to try and sell the 12 core version for $2000, then they found out about thread ripper a few weeks ago, this is their reaction. Probably won't actually even ship for ages.
>>
>Intel going down the MOAR COARS road

Fucking kek the prices will make any of their shit irrelevant.
>>
>at 2.8GHz base clock

Literally a non issue for threadripper.
>>
>any cpu past 300 burgers

This is server level garbage. Completely overkill for any functional task most people will do.
>>
>>60656455
Dis
>>
>>60655598
>>60655750
It's funny cause AMD will probably come back in a few weeks with a propsed 24 core processor.

They can easily add another 8 core CCX, that's the beauty of the new Zen architecture. Intel can't do this, they have to print one giant processor in one go, so they have really bad yield rates.
>>
>>60655241
I told you, I fucking told you not once, not twice, but three times. Intel's market dominance for over a decade has given them not just metric fucktons of money, but the chance to keep innovation in the drawer and trickle it out slowly. With AMD entering the market again Intel is gonna empty the top drawer and shit on AMD so badly they won't recover this time. The Jews always find a way. They will not stop BTFOing AMD, and they will not stop BTFOing our wallets.
>>
>>60656875
>but the chance to keep innovation in the drawer and trickle it out slowly.

Lmao, these 18 cores are MCC Xeons Gold(aka Skylake-EX/EP), they only re-purposed them for HEDT because they're 1S and nobody will fucking buy them.
Other than that, they'd hate to lose the performance crown, but at expected 2.8GHz at 18 cores these things will be far from a answer to threadripper running 3.5/3.6
>>
>>60656875
>With AMD entering the market again Intel is gonna empty the top drawer and shit on AMD so badly they won't recover this time.
By selling a failed, unsoldered Xeon Gold for retard prices? Get over yourself you dipstick, this means and changes nothing. The gigantic gulf between the comparable 6900K and 1800X in market share speaks volumes about what will really happen in the future. Money talks, bullshit walks. Intel's offerings are too much money and too much bullshit, so people ain't buying.
>>
>>60656746
It's 8core Zeppelin die, that contains two 4 core CCX, you tech illiterate moron.
>>
>>60656875
>I told you, I fucking told you not once, not twice, but three times. Intel's market dominance for over a decade has given them not just metric fucktons of money, but the chance to keep innovation in the drawer and trickle it out slowly.
They don't have anything, they blew it all trying to bribe their way into the mobile and tablet market. Whatever was left was then blown on dubious buyouts of other companies.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.