[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/g/, I'm in doubt. I'm currently travelling around

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 2578491_c0ce0fe3a714.jpg (115KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
2578491_c0ce0fe3a714.jpg
115KB, 1200x900px
/g/, I'm in doubt.

I'm currently travelling around the world with a backpack. I stay on farms and at inns and such where I provide work in exchange for lodging. Sometimes this is in a decent sized city, and other times it's out in bumfuck nowhere.

If it's in a city, I can entertain myself by roaming around, but if it's out in nowhere, I have little left to do but shitpost and play vidya. My laptop is getting old, and I've been looking at a replacement, however a decent gaming laptop is literally 10% of my savings that are supposed to last me some years.

Next year I'm gonna go to Australia, and I hope to get a job there, though it isn't guaranteed. So I might be able to make some more there. The question is, should I bother with a gaming laptop, and if so, should I get one now or wait until next year when I start making money again?

Pictured; the Lenovo Legion Y520 looks pretty solid for the price.
>>
I would almost say yes do that one but the battery is worrying small while the Inspiron 15 7000 gaming edition has a huge battery
>>
>>60654408
Oh, the battery isn't an issue. I don't game without being plugged in.
>>
>>60654384
get the razer blade
>>
>>60654435
I'd rather slit my wrists than buying Razer.
>>
>>60654439
everything they made up until the razer blade sucks major fucking ass

but they nailed that laptop
>>
>>60654423
You're on the go you probably want battery life

Though I'll say you get a kick-ass laptop for cheap using that Lenovo discount on /tpg/
>>
>>60654460
The discount doesn't apply to where I am currently.

And again, the battery isn't an issue. I use my smartphone to shitpost on the go. Gaming is more of a finished-work-for-the-day-time-to-curl-up-in-my-room-with-beer-and-Exanima thing.
>>
>>60654552
Legion should be good then

https://youtu.be/4yo5DU113wI
>>
File: 1495856784892.png (786KB, 1100x700px) Image search: [Google]
1495856784892.png
786KB, 1100x700px
>>60654570

for me its lisa from mobiletechreview is the best reviewer
>>
>>60654570
That settles it. I'm getting that one if I'm to buy a gaming laptop.

Thanks for the advice, guys.
>>
>>60654384
If you're doing WWOOF you won't even have electricity most of the time. You will be living in a tent or an old trailer if you're lucky. Forget about electricity and water hookup. Internet? Keep dreaming. Besides your 'hosts' will have you working 8-10 hours a day that in the evening you'll want nothing more than sleep.

You know farmers wake up before dawn, don't you?

I'd say buy a kindle or kobo and read some books.
>>
>>60655082
The best advice ITT.
>>
>>60655082
I've been doing WWOOF for 4 months now. You're full of shit.

They have me working 6-7 hours a day, if at all that much. Every place I've stayed I've had electricity and internet, even in the most bumfuck nowhere places.
>>
>>60655082

They have different farms you just picked a sucky one. Also it's more like 5 to 6 hours a day, weekends off
>>
>>60654384
The inspiron is much better, if you dont want it, then you know what you want. stop wasting time here.
>>
>>60654384
I got my thinkpad stolen by "brown" Europeans when I was WOOFing
>>
>>60654384
Honestly? Don't get a new laptop.

I did a similar thing to you four years ago, and started looking for "gaming" laptops that would suit my needs. I ended up not getting one and it was one of the best choices I've done.

You're not going to be in these cities or stay on these farms by yourself. There will be other people in your age who you're going to want to socialize with. I'd suggest keep your old laptop and use it for shitposting and maybe watching some gaming channels on youtube, and you're going to find that you'd rather hang out with qt backpacker girls than argue about immigration on /pol/
>>
>>60657263
Nah, I'm white with a degree, I can get a real job.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.