[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Family wants to scan lots of photos but we want to buy a good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

Family wants to scan lots of photos but we want to buy a good scanner. Any recommendations? What should I be looking for?
Preferably Australia.
>>
>>60636465
HP and get an ADF
>>
>>60636582
adf doesn't work too well with photos. paper is a bit too thick to go around the adf bends. it also has a tendancy to crush and put wrinkles on the original prints.
>>
>>60636626
>https://www.amazon.com/Epson-FastFoto-FF-640-High-Speed-Scanning/dp/B01HR89FNK
How about this then?
>>
File: u_21506030.jpg (56KB, 1000x887px) Image search: [Google]
u_21506030.jpg
56KB, 1000x887px
>scan lots of photos
How many is "lots"?
The document scanner I bought, a Fujitsu ix500, can eat up an entire textbook in less than 10 minutes. You can buy plastic sheets you place the photos in and it'll scan it both front and back. Just jam a shitload of photos double-sided in the plastic sheets and do them all at once.
>>
Would something like this do? https://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/p/epson-perfection-photo-scanner-v370-epv370scan
family don't mind taking a while to scan. just if it's good and cheap.
>>
Australia is not a scanner nor is it a brand.
>>
Mate just grab a $30 all in one printer scanner from anywhere and use that. The quality is great and they aren't too slow.

Or find one in hard rubbish.
>>
while i haven't bought a scanner in ages, i'd be really surprised if there were any on sale today that aren't good enough for getting decent scans of old photos

i will say try to make sure it can send raw image data to your machine or a memory card though, and not just jpeg
everything i've seen with jpeg options is all <q75 shit and looks like pure ass
>>
>>60636465
do you mean available at an australian retailer? because it doesn't matter where you live, you can always order shit off the internet otherwise
>>
>>60639715
a typical A4+ flatbed scanner is pretty big, and somewhat fragile
shipping won't be insignificant
>>
>>60636465
The google scanner is quite good if you get the lighting right. Recently archived my grandparents photos with it, no complaints.
>>
>>60639742
'scanning' with a common camera is certainly fast and convinient, but never more than previewing quality
displaying it on a phone or laptop is fine, but you wouldn't want to do reprints from such a scan
>>
File: DSC00101.jpg (3MB, 4608x2592px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00101.jpg
3MB, 4608x2592px
I was requested a way to scan 1500/2000 pages of 2 hundred years old documents with good quality, without ruining them and in a short time.
I built this structure (only pic I found), which is basically a piece of wood lifted by two lightstands with 2 industrial LEDs lights on the sides and a bracket for my 60D pointed downwards at the center, the 60D had a 35mm and was manually controlled via USB on the PC. We did it in 1 day and all I had to do was crop the images in lightroom
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.